GDT: Blues at Leafs - Tuesday 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I will be taking a closer look for sure. Are you watching him play any? He would fit the PP nicely because he would cause a lot of disruption in front of the net. And it’s very easy to blame Keefe when he basically gives all the PP time to the 1st unit, even when they’re accomplishing little to nothing on the PP. Which in turn continues to add up the TOI totals for this core, which again in turn leaves them gassed at the end of games/OT when they need a goal to tie the game.
Yes, I've watched him play. Theoretically, he could bring value in front of the net on the PP, but historically he hasn't, and he's not here. When we already have a superior Tavares that thrives in that area of the ice, he needs to earn his promotion.

Our first unit is very good, and they deserve to be played more than the second unit. Our top players already get shafted in PP minutes.
The minutes of our core 4 are in no way unreasonable or leaving them "gassed".

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Just freakin' call up Steeves. He needs another look. Lajoie is just not it.

I don't understand why Lajoie is given so much opportunity.
Especially if Steeves being in over Lajoie means going 12/6 instead of 11/7.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
This annoys me. Why not put Lily on the #1PP unit? WTF is Keefe even trying to signal here?

This galaxy braining by Keefe is one of the main reasons why Leafs struggle

He will be fine IMO. Rielly had played about 300+ games before he broke out. Lily is about half that and he is a lot better defensively IMO especially with breakout passes

Lily will be fine. We just need to be a bit patient here

Agreed 100%. Jake McCabe is never going to be a PP guy whereas I still think Lilly has some potential as at least a solid number 2. Now watch Jake pot a goal and an assist and make me look like an A-hole (or at least more of one).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How did you catch it? ;)
1707861194871.png

Agreed 100%. Jake McCabe is never going to be a PP guy whereas I still think Lilly has some potential as at least a solid number 2. Now watch Jake pot a goal and an assist and make me look like an A-hole (or at least more of one).
I think the goal with Rielly out is the least disruption to the PP. Bringing in a different handed shooter would change things around a bit.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Taping the game tonight and tomorrow but I have a zero percent chance I won't check my phone and/or this site 100 times before I can watch.

BRUTAL

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Pay close attention to Thomas and try to limit his contribution. Chances for a win rise greatly if he’s kept in check.
Maybe somebody could convince Binnington to blow a gasket tonight. That’s always a good show.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Holy shit. That's a big hit.

Although some on the board think Tavares and Marner are complete ass so we should be better now... right?? Lol

Jokes aside ... when opportunity is given... some of these young guys come up and get a shot to see if they can stick around longer.

Reactions: therealkoho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad