GDT: Blues at Leafs - Tuesday 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Don't completely agree.

He hasn't been his best but.

Tavares had 4 points for the month of January, 13 games.
2 goals 2 assists

That's #2 center at a 25 point pace on his line.
JT with 6 points in last 12 games. .55 PPG while Willie is .75. Both can get their cookies on the PP.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Do you remember when Willie scored top shelf short side on Merzlikens? He was lethal. He's scored two goals thanks to Demko and 2 beauties vs Wedgewood in his last 12 games. Sorry, not buying Willie can't catch a break.
I think the 'not catch a break' refers more to Bert and JT not finishing his setups - zero goals between them in 13 games.

Reactions: ToneDog

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Feels like St Louis at the ACC is pretty much a guaranteed loss. Not sure why they struggle so much against them.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Timmins has mono??? Right when he's otherwise healthy and finally gets a chance to play and get 1st PP minutes?

Man this guy is cursed.
Cursed or not built for hockey? I’m ready to move on from him this offseason, potential or not.

No room or time for someone who can’t stay healthy for more than half a season. 47 games is his max in the last 6 seasons (his entire pro career).

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Cursed or not built for hockey? I’m ready to move on from him this offseason, potential or not.

No room or time for someone who can’t stay healthy for more than half a season.

Which of course would be patently stupid.

Reactions: ACC1224

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Which of course would be patently stupid.
47 games is his pro max. It’s been 6 seasons. What’s stupid about not carrying around dead weight? You guys cry about Lafferty but are blaming the wrong person. He was traded so we could keep Timmins sitting in the press box.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
47 games is his pro max. It’s been 6 seasons. What’s stupid about not carrying around dead weight? You guys cry about Lafferty but are blaming the wrong person. He was traded so we could keep Timmins sitting in the press box.
:laugh:

It's not like it's a chronic issue with this guy, it's been bad luck. You don't throw away a RD, with decent size, who can move the puck, and put up points like he can. Free asset, we aren't at maximum contracts, and he doesn't cost much.

This lack of patience is exactly why we ended up getting rid of guys like Moore, Marchment etc... and then ended up with people crying about it...

Reactions: horner and banks

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Timmins is still out sick, unfortunately.
There’s a bad stomach virus going around. My whole family got it from my niece. I spent two days barfing and crapping. My bathroom was an absolute mess. lol.

Edit. Guess he has mono.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
:laugh:

It's not like it's a chronic issue with this guy, it's been bad luck. You don't throw away a RD, with decent size, who can move the puck, and put up points like he can. Free asset, we aren't at maximum contracts, and he doesn't cost much.

This lack of patience is exactly why we ended up getting rid of guys like Moore, Marchment etc... and then ended up with people crying about it...
At what point is it chronic? It’s been 7 seasons IN A ROW and every single year of his pro career (6).

Not sure what you think mono has to do with being "built for hockey".

You're the only one bringing up Lafferty, who was traded so that Reaves could be DJ.
I can assure you I never complained about losing Lafferty a single time but I saw hundreds of comments on losing him. And as I said, you’re blaming the wrong person. He was traded so we could keep Timmins, Reaves was always going to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad