GDT: Blues at Leafs - Tuesday 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
At what point is it chronic? It’s been 7 seasons IN A ROW and every single year of his pro career (6).

I can assure you I never complained about losing Lafferty a single time but I saw hundreds of comments on losing him. And as I said, you’re blaming the wrong person. He was traded so we could keep Timmins, Reaves was always going to be here.
Of all the problems that the Leafs have, this is pretty minor. Be patient. He's signed for next year, any return we'd get in a trade is pretty worthless.... so might as well hold onto the lottery ticket.

I’ve never had it, but those I know who did took months to get over, used to call it the kissing disease……..
I've had it. In some case it can takes a few weeks to get over, and in some cases it can take months, like you say. The biggest issue will be the fatigue after. That can go away in a couple of weeks, or lag for months.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I can assure you I never complained about losing Lafferty a single time but I saw hundreds of comments on losing him. And as I said, you’re blaming the wrong person. He was traded so we could keep Timmins, Reaves was always going to be here.
You're the one bringing him up in an unrelated discussion. The only real comments people had about Lafferty was about the stupidity of choosing Reaves over him for the 4th line RW spot; especially when we had already lost depth and PKers. Reaves never should have been here. Timmins has nothing to do with them though, and getting mono doesn't indicate anything about him.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
At what point is it chronic? It’s been 7 seasons IN A ROW and every single year of his pro career (6).

Lafferty was dumped when Gregor was signed off of his PTO, Timmins had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
We’ll have to agree to disagree then. My interpretation at the time was Timmins was kept over Lafferty. But that’s a moot point.

I said Timmins can go and I’ll stand by that. I see nothing from him that tells me we should keep him and the chances he’s around when we need him are at best 50/50. Goodbye maybe we can get a mid-late pick for him at the draft.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

There is one other game-time decision for the Maple Leafs, although Keefe didn't reveal who it was. Noah Gregor, who is usually on the ice for optional skates didn't take part. The last time that occurred, Gregor was scratched with the flu.

In the event Gregor cannot play, Max Lajoie would draw in and the Leafs would go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen.

Reactions: ACC1224

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Well gents, seeing as I am now banned from not one but two threads concerning Rielly (after receiving a 6 hour time out due to oversensitive moderation and other BS), here's hoping the boys come out hard tonight. Win it for Morgan.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
leafs record at home is the worst, next to the flyers. this proves keefe is a terrible coach; they are much better on the road without his last change. coincidence?

I hate Keefe too, but yes, yes it is, the problem is last year Samsonov was a 919, and this year he's very VERY not.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
I recommend taking a closer look at the outcomes of his forechecks.
Our PP isn't all that unique in style or construction. We get a bunch of shots on net. Bertuzzi simply does not have history as a very good PP player, and has certainly not earned a spot over anybody on our top unit. Not really sure what you're blaming Keefe for.
I will be taking a closer look for sure. Are you watching him play any? He would fit the PP nicely because he would cause a lot of disruption in front of the net. And it’s very easy to blame Keefe when he basically gives all the PP time to the 1st unit, even when they’re accomplishing little to nothing on the PP. Which in turn continues to add up the TOI totals for this core, which again in turn leaves them gassed at the end of games/OT when they need a goal to tie the game.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Of all the problems that the Leafs have, this is pretty minor. Be patient. He's signed for next year, any return we'd get in a trade is pretty worthless.... so might as well hold onto the lottery ticket.

I've had it. In some case it can takes a few weeks to get over, and in some cases it can take months, like you say. The biggest issue will be the fatigue after. That can go away in a couple of weeks, or lag for months.

Timmins isn't a lottery ticket, unless he's a lottery ticket you already scratched and know what you got.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
There’s a bad stomach virus going around. My whole family got it from my niece. I spent two days barfing and crapping. My bathroom was an absolute mess. lol.

Edit. Guess he has mono.
Yes, there has certainly been a lot of sickness going around this winter, and when one member of a family gets it, 99% of the time the rest of the family will get it too. And as my wife and I are grandparents, we tend to get it too.

Reactions: HolyCrap and Jojalu

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I will be taking a closer look for sure. Are you watching him play any? He would fit the PP nicely because he would cause a lot of disruption in front of the net. And it’s very easy to blame Keefe when he basically gives all the PP time to the 1st unit, even when they’re accomplishing little to nothing on the PP. Which in turn continues to add up the TOI totals for this core, which again in turn leaves them gassed at the end of games/OT when they need a goal to tie the game.
Don't we have a top 5 PP?

Reactions: Dekes For Days

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

There is one other game-time decision for the Maple Leafs, although Keefe didn't reveal who it was. Noah Gregor, who is usually on the ice for optional skates didn't take part. The last time that occurred, Gregor was scratched with the flu.

In the event Gregor cannot play, Max Lajoie would draw in and the Leafs would go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen.

Just freakin' call up Steeves. He needs another look. Lajoie is just not it.

I don't understand why Lajoie is given so much opportunity.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
We’ve given abruzesse more chances than Steeves

I don’t really see much in him, but we’ve played the dude like 6 games over the past 3 years. He can’t be worse than a warm body, and I don’t see the difference between Lajoie and him playing.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad