Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
Elliot Friedman - 32 thoughts - A few teams say St. Louis is sending signals they are going to try some free-agent swings.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I still think he gets moved for a more ready prospect and possible a 2025 pick. We just can’t be signing a 30 yr old player to a 7-8 yr contract.

I am trying to manifest Buchnevich with extension in place to Vancouver for Tom Willander.

Willander
Jiricek
Lindstein
Fischer
Ralph

Would finally give us a strong defensive prospect pool to match our offensive pool.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Elliot Friedman - 32 thoughts - A few teams say St. Louis is sending signals they are going to try some free-agent swings.

That would perhaps help explain the Hayes move..

Reactions: Blueswin

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

I just have no idea who we are targeting? Targeting defense makes no sense unless we have a trade in place to move someone out. We need a second line center but all the top forwards UFAs are wingers, maybe a Stephenson or Monahan?

A big move would also have to come with another trade IMO. I honestly don't trust 101 at all but occasionally they do provide some insight and late last week they said Krug had submitted a list of teams he would waive to. Who the hell knows if it's true though and if true who knows if any of those teams listed have interest.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm also wondering if we might not be "open for business" in a reverse-Hayes deal where we take on a contract for a player (who theoretically is a better fit than Hayes) and get compensated with a pick to do so to help another team clear cap for a UFA signing.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I just have no idea who we are targeting? Targeting defense makes no sense unless we have a trade in place to move someone out. We need a second line center but all the top forwards UFAs are wingers, maybe a Stephenson or Monahan?

A big move would also have to come with another trade IMO. I honestly don't trust 101 at all but occasionally they do provide some insight and late last week they said Krug had submitted a list of teams he would waive to. Who the hell knows if it's true though and if true who knows if any of those teams listed have interest.
Brady Skeij could be of interest, perhaps. Just turned 30, played on shutdown pair in Carolina. Won't come cheap but we have cap space to make a run at him. I'd rather throw $ at him than one of the centers, but we obviously need a 2c badly.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

The bolded probably is true as it is apparently pretty standard operating procedure to collect such lists from all full and partial NTC players for the new league year, which starts tomorrow.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Brady Skeij could be of interest, perhaps. Just turned 30, played on shutdown pair in Carolina. Won't come cheap but we have cap space to make a run at him. I'd rather throw $ at him than one of the centers, but we obviously need a 2c badly.

Yeah I like Skjei as a player but after Montour is probably the going to be the most sought after UFA defenseman. Someone is gonna table a 7 year 7-8mil aav contract for him and I am not sure I want it to be the Blues.

Reactions: Blueswin

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
Interesting from the Hockey news -https://thehockeynews.com/gaming/latest-news/predicting-who-will-sign-brandon-montour-in-nhl-24

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I don't expect Neighbours to be done this week. There is no hurry and I think Army wants to see how other things play out. I think Neighbours gets done closer to camp. But it does sound like Buchy could get done soon.

I expect Neighbors to get a bridge deal special just like Thomas and Kyrou got.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know everyone has their opinion of Strickland, but if you take that whole Tkachuk situation out where he was fanboying, he's been a pretty good insider the past few years. The Leddy acquisition really stuck out to me as he mentioned it the day or so before, everyone laughed about it, but the more I thought about it, Leddy's transition abilities made a ton of sense and I was on board. That move ended up happening.

Who knows if these tweets are meant to be sort of linked, if Stephenson is on our radar, and if we are targeting someone like Skjei, or maybe someone a little cheaper. I do feel we'd be a playoff team with those types of moves, so curious if that's Army's plans for better or worse. We definitely have the cap space to make a couple sizeable moves.

And people make fun of the actuary tables, but I could see them thinking a LD investment makes sense as Leddy would be able to walk when Lindstein is ready, so we'd have a cheap ELC to make the d core a bit cheaper. For the forwards, we'll have a bunch of ELCs coming up.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And maybe I'm putting pieces together of a puzzle that doesn't exist, but Strickland's tweets combined with Friedman's comments almost make it seem like Strickland got info from the club as a way to communicate it to the fans.

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I really wish Carrier was a LD, feel like he'd be a perfect fit, and likely to be a bit undervalued due to size. If we can trade Faulk, I'd absolutely sign Carrier to be the RD on the 2nd pair.

Looks like he's staying in Nashville.

Last edited:

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I really wish Carrier was a LD, feel like he'd be a perfect fit, and likely to be a bit undervalued due to size. If we can trade Faulk, I'd absolutely sign Carrier to be the RD on the 2nd pair.

Looks like he's staying in Nashville.

Kessel already took the 2d job from Faulk

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I just have no idea who we are targeting? Targeting defense makes no sense unless we have a trade in place to move someone out.
It doesn’t? Have you seen the defense the Blues are running out there?

It makes complete sense. Even if we don’t trade Krug, we still need depth there. We shouldn’t be counting on having both Perunovich and Krug in the lineup every game.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Nick Robertson says he’s not signing with Toronto and asked for a trade, that is something I would explore for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00