Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Jackson is simply more aggressive in pursuing free agents. Skinner mentioned in his interview that the Oilers kept checking back on him throughout the day which was a big part of the reason he signed. He felt wanted.

No offense to Ken Holland, but I don't think Holland operated the same way. You have to be aggressive in a cap world when you see something that can help your team.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Watching Jeff Skinner highlights. He doesn't waste anytime after receiving a pass like RNH dusting off the puck or looking for a pass on an open net. He's going to have a career year playing next to McDavid
Yup, he will just need to learn how to play a complete game. By all accounts, he's one of the least engaged defensive wingers in the league. But damn, that shot is elite

Reactions: Canovin

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think Jackson is simply more aggressive in pursuing free agents. Skinner mentioned in his interview that the Oilers kept checking back on him throughout the day which was a big part of the reason he signed. He felt wanted.

No offense to Ken Holland, but I don't think Holland operated the same way. You have to be aggressive in a cap world when you see something that can help your team.
I think Jackson had many lines out whereas Holland seemed laser focused on one or two targets.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Interesting idea!! While I suspect Crosby will just stay where he is if he did want one more shot it would be a cool move. Double retention on his deal would be very cheap money wise. About $500K for Pittsburgh and $250K for team two. That would put his cap hit at about $2.175M.

He also controls pretty much every aspect of where he plays. The only kicker is that he seems to be very close to MacKinnon.

Why not round out your career with one more Cup. I'm sure he'll give it a good go in Pittsburgh this year but if they're out again at the deadline, ending Canada's 30+ year Cup drought, getting a 4th Cup to tie Gretzky, and helping McDavid win his first would be a epic way for Crosby to round out his career resume.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
During the season I thought we had zero chance of retaining our UFA's, yet alone adding any significant UFA's due to our cap crunch next season with all the bonus money being added. There's no way anyone can't be impressed with the work Jackson did yesterday.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I 100% blocked him
I am 99% happy that when I talked to him the last time he hated me with pure venom

Yeah he said he was pleased that the Oilers were consistently contacting him and it was one of the reasons he chose them. If Holland was trying to get Skinner, I guarantee he would've picked Toronto

Reactions: Sanchez

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I'd still like to see us bring in another RW. Something like 1.2m x 2 years for Daniel Sprong.

Holloway - McLeod - Sprong

That would be a heck of a 4th line. Always had time for Sprong. Puts up a lot of 5on5 goals.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Yup, he will just need to learn how to play a complete game. By all accounts, he's one of the least engaged defensive wingers in the league. But damn, that shot is elite
I think Skinner will be on the 1st unit PP taking RNHs spot because of his quick release.

Why load up getting an offence first player if you don't use him during the most critical offence first moments.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Reading this thread at work from how it was yesterday morning to yesterday afternoon is truly amazing lol its like character development in a TV show lmao

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ducks are still below the cap minimum I think even after the Dumoulin trade today.

Ideal place to trade Nurse or Ceci if they have a replacement lined up.

Reactions: McAsuno

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm not sayin' ... just saying, cap wise this works, I don't mean making a move like this now but at the deadline if Pittsburgh is out, they could send out Kane + McLeod + futures and make it work $$$ wise.

Skinner (3) McDavid (12.5) Hyman (5.5)
Crosby (4.35) Draisaitl (8.5) Arvidsson (4)
Holloway (1) RNH (5.125) Brown (1)
Janmark (1.4) Henrique (3) blank (1)

Ekholm (6) Bouchard (3.9)
Nurse (9) Kulak (2.7)
Broberg (1) Ceci (3.25)
Stetcher (0.77)

Skinner (2.6)
Pickard (1)

Campbell (1.1)
Neal (1.9)
Brown overage (3.25)
Perry overage (500k)

= 87.35 million

If Sid chooses his destination and this is the one he wants, at 50% retained we could make it work.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm not sayin' ... just saying, cap wise this works, I don't mean making a move like this now but at the deadline if Pittsburgh is out, they could send out Kane + McLeod + futures and make it work $$$ wise.

Skinner (3) McDavid (12.5) Hyman (5.5)
Crosby (4.35) Draisaitl (8.5) Arvidsson (4)
Holloway (1) RNH (5.125) Brown (1)
Janmark (1.4) Henrique (3) blank (1)

Ekholm (6) Bouchard (3.9)
Nurse (9) Kulak (2.7)
Broberg (1) Ceci (3.25)
Stetcher (0.77)

Skinner (2.6)
Pickard (1)

Campbell (1.1)
Neal (1.9)
Brown overage (3.25)
Perry overage (500k)

= 87.35 million

If Sid chooses his destination and this is the one he wants, wthe could make it work.
thanks for the laugh

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
thanks for the laugh

It's a crazy idea, but I think the Oilers should honestly give some thought to it. It is possible.

I don't think Crosby wants to retire on a whimper not making the playoffs again when he still has juice in the tank.

He plays with McDavid in the summer on the same team according to MacKinnon and they just murder the other pros there (MacK included lol).

Breaking Canada's Cup drought with a 4th Cup for him (matching Gretz) would be a very attractive feather in Sid's cap.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
If we free up some cap room from Ceci and Kane could throw a low ball at Barrie for 1 year. Would much rather see him back with Nurse than Ceci or Kulak.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I thought it was like a tourism DVD highlighting how much Edmonton had to offer. And it showed like Banff and WEM or something lol.
I have a Paul Coffey jersey retirement DVD sent to my family after my sister requested it the year he retired.

They actually made one and sent it to us. I will download that here in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad