Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Because it's always about what the fans want. Remember how many Blues fans wanted Bouwmeester gone before 2019. Then the second he had his medical incident and retired it turned quickly to, "we need to find another Bouwmeester."
And how many fans wanted Lehtera gone? I'm sure the Rags can find another defenseman who hunts for headshots.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
They shuffled the lower half of the defensive core? Ekblad, Forsling and Montour (their core pieces) have all been there. Even Kulikov is a retread from a few years back.
that's the rub. who do the rangers view as their d core going forward? fox and... i'd prioritize miller and schneider over trouba and lindgren. i understand how they might not be ready to cut ties with trouba, but unless they got massive haul it still doesn't make sense to move schneider. but if they think differently, perhaps rangers want to deal him to us to help them undo previous instance where they foolishly dumped guy right before his production exploded.

• Haha
Reactions: ArenaRat

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
that's the rub. who do the rangers view as their d core going forward? fox and... i'd prioritize miller and schneider over trouba and lindgren. i understand how they might not be ready to cut ties with trouba, but unless they got massive haul it still doesn't make sense to move schneider. but if they think differently, perhaps rangers want to deal him to us to help them undo previous instance where they foolishly dumped guy right before his production exploded.

That is the crux of my point your thinking about the longterm. However there window is open right now and gun to your head for a playoff run next spring who would your rather have Trouba or Schneider? Any GM in the league is taking Trouba to try and win that cup. Now that doesn't mean the Rangers have to trade Schneider but if they want to add to that core for next years run I would think that Schneider would be a piece on table. You put the 1 or 2 year plan for a cup ahead of the 5 year plan.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
That is the crux of my point your thinking about the longterm. However there window is open right now and gun to your head for a playoff run next spring who would your rather have Trouba or Schneider? Any GM in the league is taking Trouba to try and win that cup. Now that doesn't mean the Rangers have to trade Schneider but if they want to add to that core for next years run I would think that Schneider would be a piece on table. You put the 1 or 2 year plan for a cup ahead of the 5 year plan.
you just described how team with all the advantages in the world has won 1 Cup in 80+ years. whether they trade trouba is of far less importance than whether they deal schneider, miler, kakko, othman...

Last edited:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
you just described how team with all the advantages in the world has wone 1 Cup in 80+ years. whether they trade trouba is of far less importance than whether they deal schneider, miler, kakko, othman...

I think you got it backwards. The one cup in 80+ years could lead to desperation to win now when they are so close with this core. You add to players like Trouba while they are still in their prime. Not sit on a young player hoping they become a Trouba five years later when all your stars are aging out of their primes.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think you got it backwards. The one cup in 80+ years could lead to desperation to win now when they are so close with this core. You add to players like Trouba while they are still in their prime. Not sit on a young player hoping they become a Trouba five years later when all your stars are aging out of their primes.
lather, rinse, repeat.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
lather, rinse, repeat.

I could say the same of your viewpoint. Maybe I am wrong, maybe Schneider and all the other guys I mentioned are truly untouchable but I don't believe that. I think they are guys that could be made available to bolster a team going into the playoffs. Your logic seems to be that the the next wave is going to be just as good or better than the core that is now. When your truly competing for a cup a bird in the hand is greater than two in the bush. The risk they take is that they are thinning out their future and the risk we take is that Schneider reaches the potential he has.

Reactions: stl76

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Because it's always about what the fans want. Remember how many Blues fans wanted Bouwmeester gone before 2019. Then the second he had his medical incident and retired it turned quickly to, "we need to find another Bouwmeester."

to be fair no fans knew Jbo was playing with a hip injury all that time we wanted him gone, then he had his off season surgery and he came back and was f***ing incredible, we win a cup and that's when everyone misses him.

Reactions: ArenaRat

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I could say the same of your viewpoint. Maybe I am wrong, maybe Schneider and all the other guys I mentioned are truly untouchable but I don't believe that. I think they are guys that could be made available to bolster a team going into the playoffs. Your logic seems to be that the the next wave is going to be just as good or better than the core that is now. When your truly competing for a cup a bird in the hand is greater than two in the bush. The risk they take is that they are thinning out their future and the risk we take is that Schneider reaches the potential he has.
I think you are missing my point. I’m fine with them dealing all their future picks as necessary. It’s the cheap players on upswing that I believe they need to keep to provide depth at a price point so they can keep their true stars. Guys like Schneider and Othman can grow into key pieces during THIS window for them, like Harley and Wyatt Johnston for Stars now and in next couple years. That is planning rather than just reacting and is how smart organizations maximize their opportunities.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
The more I think about it, the more I dont think this is going to be a big trade summer for the Blues.
You have 10 forwards that are under contract, and another 4-6 that will make a push in camp to crack the roster, i.e. Bolduc, Dean, Dvorsky, plus some others.
ON Defense, nothing is going to change, Krug, CP, Leddy, Faulk, Kessel, Perunovich, and Tucker will likely be your 7 guys.
Goal is all set.
With that they still will have roughly 11 million if they want to sign a couple of UFA to a short term deal.
You sign a guy like Perron and Eddy or Lyubuskin.

I think some Blues fans are going to be disappointed, I just dont see the big trade summer, that some have speculated.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Does anybody else think Kaapo Kakko could be a good target as a buy low change of scenery guy?

His projected offense hasn’t shown up yet, but he’s excellent defensively, and the Rangers are very successful when he’s on the ice.

Maybe getting outside of the major market of NYC could help him reach most of his original potential.

I like the idea of having Kyrou, Snuggerud, and Kakko as our 1-3 at RW.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
The more I think about it, the more I dont think this is going to be a big trade summer for the Blues.
You have 10 forwards that are under contract, and another 4-6 that will make a push in camp to crack the roster, i.e. Bolduc, Dean, Dvorsky, plus some others.
ON Defense, nothing is going to change, Krug, CP, Leddy, Faulk, Kessel, Perunovich, and Tucker will likely be your 7 guys.
Goal is all set.
With that they still will have roughly 11 million if they want to sign a couple of UFA to a short term deal.
You sign a guy like Perron and Eddy or Lyubuskin.

I think some Blues fans are going to be disappointed, I just dont see the big trade summer, that some have speculated.
I think it really depends on if they can move a couple of those defensemen. I'd be shopping Perunovich for a "change of scenery" swap. Krug of Faulk also need to agree to a move to really do anything in FA. Your right that alot of youth will be challenging for forward positions and i could see a couple grabbing a spot but that still leaves you with a couple spots to fill.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Any interest in signing DeBrusk @ 5x5?
Not really. I don't have any desire for a long term deal with Any UFA this year, especially a forward when we have Bolduc, Snuggy, Dvo, and Stenberg who should all be pushing for a NHL spot, or even an every day nhl player, within those 3-5 years.

Reactions: Drubilly

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Not really. I don't have any desire for a long term deal with Any UFA this year, especially a forward when we have Bolduc, Snuggy, Dvo, and Stenberg who should all be pushing for a NHL spot, or even an every day nhl player, within those 3-5 years.

That’s fair, but his final 2 years would come when our window opens. He could add some good vet leadership

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
That’s fair, but his final 2 years would come when our window opens. He could add some good vet leadership
A 5 year deal for him at the current stage of the franchise just feels like spending money to spend money. I don't see them spending too the cap right now.

And from what stillman has said we shouldn't expect them to. Unless they are getting someone that fits into the actual timeline (probably from around 22-25) I don't expect big money to get spent.

Buch may be the only one over 27 to get money thrown at him, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
A 5 year deal for him at the current stage of the franchise just feels like spending money to spend money. I don't see them spending too the cap right now.

And from what stillman has said we shouldn't expect them to. Unless they are getting someone that fits into the actual timeline (probably from around 22-25) I don't expect big money to get spent.

Buch may be the only one over 27 to get money thrown at him, but I'll believe that when I see it.

I’m really hoping we move Buch for a decent haul. Probably not a huge haul, but hopefully a 1st and a good D prospect.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Any interest in signing DeBrusk @ 5x5?

I would be fine with deal like that, but I don't think Blues will do it and if I was GM I don't think I would do it.

I think only way Blues would do that if they traded Saad and I think I would rather keep Saad. I see them as similar players. 20 goals 40-50 pts.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I don't really see the upside in him.

He did have 40 pts last year in his age 21 season with hardly any PP time. His numbers fell off this year, but you’d have to think he’s pressing super hard with his draft status, and being in a major market.

If you can get him for cheap, or as a secondary piece in say a Buchnevich deal, I think it could end up being a very smart move. Not many players his age are as good defensively as he is.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He did have 40 pts last year in his age 21 season with hardly any PP time. His numbers fell off this year, but you’d have to think he’s pressing super hard with his draft status, and being in a major market.

If you can get him for cheap, or as a secondary piece in say a Buchnevich deal, I think it could end up being a very smart move. Not many players his age are as good defensively as he is.
Just feels like Puljujarvi.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If I'm the Rangers, no way in hell I'm trading Schneider. They need all the cap help they can get. I'd be interested in Kakko however for the right price.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad