Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Since this has derailed into a general conversation about college hockey, I think it is worth mentioning that Lindenwood has 12 home games this year and season tickets are $99 for general admission seating and $150 for assigned seats. Pretty damn cheap way to catch some legitimately good hockey and support the growth of college hockey. Ohio State comes to town in November and Lindenwood played them close on the road last year (4-2 loss and a 2-2 tie).

Reactions: GoBluz24

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Since this has derailed into a general conversation about college hockey, I think it is worth mentioning that Lindenwood has 12 home games this year and season tickets are $99 for general admission seating and $150 for assigned seats. Pretty damn cheap way to catch some legitimately good hockey and support the growth of college hockey. Ohio State comes to town in November and Lindenwood played them close on the road last year (4-2 loss and a 2-2 tie).
New head coach & assistants this season, after longtime ACHA (club hockey) then NCAA DI coach (and formal Blue) Rick Zombo was dismissed following last season. It'll be interesting to see the style change, which will be necessary if the Independent LU men's team wants to find a conference home.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Mayich continues to look good.
Simon Robertsson might have scored more goals today than anyone else. Most of the drills were rushes against air in his morning group, but he beat Cranley a lot and Binner a couple times.
I hope/expect he gets a top 6 chance in Springfield this season.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
SHL teams started their regular season today.

I'm trying to see both Stenberg and Lindstein in action. Thus far Stenberg is flying around as usual. Malmo took an early penalty and has him on the 1st PK unit. He's their 3RW to start the game.

Lindstein is on Brynas' third pairing.

Stenberg Notes:

- Stenberg quickly joins the rush after a nice feed but can't tuck it in on the backhand. I'm 99% sure he drew a penalty on the ensuing play. He's started PP1 at RD then shifted down to the bumper before sliding to the front of the net. He had a couple good net-front chances 5v5 prior to this.

- Sandin-Pellikka puts Skelleftea up 1-0 on Malmo with a bomb of a one-timer on the PP. Stenberg not on the ice.

- After a quiet second, Stenberg assist on the PP (puck hits off his skate in the slot) and Malmo takes a 3-1 third period lead.

- Stenberg with a chance in front of the net on the PP but the defenseman ties his stick up. Pretty quiet game for Stenberg 5v5 but did have a couple solid chances that he couldn't bury.

- Final Malmo 4, Skelleftea 1. Quieter game 5v5 than I'm used to seeing from Stenberg. The third line didn't see a lot of ice in the second period for whatever reason. He was active on the PP spending most of his time in front of the net where he tallied an assist after a shot bounced off the shaft of his stick right to the LW who buried it for the goal.

Lindstein Notes:

- Lindstein started the rush and feathered a nice pass to the LW who wasn't able to finish. This is the only 1st period play I was able to catch involving him.

- Lindstein is such a smooth skater. Should have no trouble moving up to the second pairing with some more seasoning. He doesn't miss passes. Tape to tape every time. Very crisp.

- Former Blue Ty Rattie opposing Lindstein's team today. Rattie a nice scoring chance but can't finish.

- Winger gets a half step on Lindstein on the rush but Lindstein's able to close the gap and kill it. Linkoping not getting a lot going with Lindstein's pair on the ice.

- LIndstein with a deceptive back hand dish to the LW who gives Brynas a one-time chance in front. No goal.

- Final Linkoping 3, Brynas 2. Pretty quiet on the ice when Lindstein's pairing was out there, allowing only a few low pct. shots to get through. Lindstein looked to be clearly one of the best skaters Brynas has on defense. Had a couple tape to tape 100 ft. passes and set up a couple good scoring chances that weren't converted. Solid first game of the season. I think it's only a matter of time before Lindstein gets his shot higher in the lineup because Brynas' top two units looked overwhelmed for much of the game.

Last edited:

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville

I'm trying to see both Stenberg and Lindstein in action. Thus far Stenberg is flying around as usual. Malmo took an early penalty and has him on the 1st PK unit. He's their 3RW to start the game.

Stenberg Notes:

- Stenberg quickly joins the rush after a nice feed but can't tuck it in on the backhand. I'm 99% sure he drew a penalty on the ensuing play. He's started PP1 at RD then shifted down to the bumper before sliding to the front of the net. He had a couple good net-front chances 5v5 prior to this.

- Sandin-Pellikka puts Skelleftea up 1-0 on Malmo with a bomb of a one-timer on the PP. Stenberg not on the ice.

- After a quiet second, Stenberg assist on the PP (puck hits off the shaft of his stick in front of the net) and Malmo takes a 3-1 third period lead.

- Stenberg with a chance in front of the net on the PP but the defenseman ties his stick up. Pretty quiet game for Stenberg 5v5 but did have a couple solid chances that he couldn't bury.

- Final Malmo 4, Skelleftea 1. Quieter game 5v5 than I'm used to seeing from Stenberg. The third line didn't see a lot of ice in the second period for whatever reason. He was active on the PP spending most of his time in front of the net where he tallied an assist after a shot bounced off the shaft of his stick right to the LW who buried it for the goal.

Lindstein Notes:

- Lindstein started the rush and feathered a nice pass to the LW who wasn't able to finish. This is the only 1st period play I was able to catch involving him.

- Lindstein is such a smooth skater. Should have no trouble moving up to the second pairing with some more seasoning. He doesn't miss passes. Tape to tape every time. Very crisp.

- Former Blue Ty Rattie opposing Lindstein's team today. Rattie a nice scoring chance but can't finish.

- Winger gets a half step on Lindstein on the rush but Lindstein's able to close the gap and kill it. Linkoping not getting a lot going with Lindstein's pair on the ice.

- LIndstein with a deceptive back hand dish to the LW who gives Brynas a one-time chance in front. No goal.

- Final Linkoping 3, Brynas 2. Pretty quiet on the ice when Lindstein's pairing was out there, allowing only a few low pct. shots to get through. Lindstein looked to be clearly one of the best skaters Brynas has on defense. Had a couple tape to tape 100 ft. passes and set up a couple good scoring chances that weren't converted. Solid first game of the season. I think it's only a matter of time before Lindstein gets his shot higher in the lineup because Brynas' top two units looked overwhelmed for much of the game.
Busts

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

Stenberg Notes:

- After a quiet second, Stenberg assist on the PP (puck hits off his skate in the slot) and Malmo takes a 3-1 third period lead.

Lindstein Notes:

Love seeing your observations and breakdown here, I hope to see more of these in the near future - greatly appreciate the time you took to share with us!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad