Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I f***ing called it. Brilliant offensively and played in the KHL. I hope he comes over; I think his contract ends in 26/27, but he could be our Kaprizov, our Panarin.
Dude I’m salivating over this kid. Do u have any game video of his?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Two words

Nikita Susuyev

Kids LEGIT

Obviously Dvorsky, Snuggy, lindstein and Stenberg looked good. Buchinger, Gaudet and both fischers did some good things. I like Mrsic as well. But this Susuyev kid is legit. Extremely excited to follow him moving forward. Very smart skilled and twitchy.
I’d love to finally strike gold with one of these late round Russians, but I fear he’s unlikely to put the time in the AHL if he doesn’t get a top six spot out of camp. Is he all flash, or can he play a bottom six role? An infusion of talent would be nice and welcomed but the Blues have historically not put these foreign kids in a position to succeed without first asking them to pay multiple years worth of dues in the minors. Hopefully he’s willing to spend a year in Springfield trying to earn a full-time spot in the show.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Dude I’m salivating over this kid. Do u have any game video of his?
I do not, sadly; KHL videos are a bit hard to come by for me. But he was a highly rated prospect in his class, he played a lot for his KHL team and was good for a teenager, and he always had the elite offensive talent. My only issues were with defensive ability, but I had him very highly last prospect list (and will have him even higher this year.)

Reactions: Blueston

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
#36 Blue team today was relentless, had high compete and was noticeably engaged the entire game. I couldn't figure out who it was until he scored on the shootout - Ondrej Kos. Dont know alot about him or his offensive tools, but his skating and 2 way game looks like he could possibly at the very least carve out a career as a bottom 6 player if he keeps progressing.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Two words

Nikita Susuyev

Kids LEGIT

Obviously Dvorsky, Snuggy, lindstein and Stenberg looked good. Buchinger, Gaudet and both fischers did some good things. I like Mrsic as well. But this Susuyev kid is legit. Extremely excited to follow him moving forward. Very smart skilled and twitchy.
1719981057461.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
#36 Blue team today was relentless, had high compete and was noticeably engaged the entire game. I couldn't figure out who it was until he scored on the shootout - Ondrej Kos. Dont know alot about him or his offensive tools, but his skating and 2 way game looks like he could possibly at the very least carve out a career as a bottom 6 player if he keeps progressing.

He's probably not a top-six player, but he's a tireless skater with excellent forechecking, and I don't remember another Czech player with such prerequisites for a bottom-six player.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
watching development camp on youtube and some exciting kids. snuggy looks much quicker than when he was drafted. stenberg was quick and often impactful, and there were more. dorion looked much better than i expected, kos showed why he was picked so high even without elite offensive skills, and there were more. and obviously don't want to read too much into scrimmage in july, but i don't see anyone that looked like they can contribute in nhl role today. this is comment on readiness and not upside.

if Snuggy or Dvo were ready to do that i would have expected them to look more dominant today than anyone was. they were both very good, and might be ready to fill bottom 6 role, but they clearly aren't ready to be impactful. it doesn't mean they won't get there, but i would pencil dvo in for a good bit of springfield time this year unless he shows up in October looking much better than he did tonight.

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
They're trying to interview Jiricek right now but they're talking way too fast for him. He speaks quite well for a non-native speaker, but it's clearly difficult for him to figure out the questions.

Lol I noticed that. Vitale kept rattling off complicated questions and Jiricek did his best to keep up. I like his attitude though and the commentators said they were impressed by his size. He just needs to hit that weight room when his knee is ready to go.

Thought Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Stenberg and Lindstein looked good but if course they should compared to the rest of the guys.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
watching development camp on youtube and some exciting kids. snuggy looks much quicker than when he was drafted. stenberg was quick and often impactful, and there were more. dorion looked much better than i expected, kos showed why he was picked so high even without elite offensive skills, and there were more. and obviously don't want to read too much into scrimmage in july, but i don't see anyone that looked like they can contribute in nhl role today. this is comment on readiness and not upside.

if Snuggy or Dvo were ready to do that i would have expected them to look more dominant today than anyone was. they were both very good, and might be ready to fill bottom 6 role, but they clearly aren't ready to be impactful. it doesn't mean they won't get there, but i would pencil dvo in for a good bit of springfield time this year unless he shows up in October looking much better than he did tonight.
Some factors to consider. It's natural to play to your competition a bit. Everything else equal, I'd expect those guys to perform even better if this was a training camp with NHL/AHL guys as opposed to prospects. The other, the timing of this event and how it lines up with recovery from the previous season that ended and starting up of training for the upcoming season. Some guys can hit the ground running at events like this, and some it might hit their schedule weird and they might not be going 100% because of it.

To your overall point though, I do think that's why we have acquired some of the NHL level talent that we did the first 2 days, and haven't really been active in the AHL forward market, at least so far. Dvorsky will have a shot, but looks like the expectation will be for him to be in Springfield, which has the makings of a pretty talented squad, at least as far as prospects and their potential. And with Snuggy, he's obviously returning to school and he's mentioned some of the things in interviews, so he'll be more ready for 25/26.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Some factors to consider. It's natural to play to your competition a bit. Everything else equal, I'd expect those guys to perform even better if this was a training camp with NHL/AHL guys as opposed to prospects. The other, the timing of this event and how it lines up with recovery from the previous season that ended and starting up of training for the upcoming season. Some guys can hit the ground running at events like this, and some it might hit their schedule weird and they might not be going 100% because of it.

To your overall point though, I do think that's why we have acquired some of the NHL level talent that we did the first 2 days, and haven't really been active in the AHL forward market, at least so far. Dvorsky will have a shot, but looks like the expectation will be for him to be in Springfield, which has the makings of a pretty talented squad, at least as far as prospects and their potential. And with Snuggy, he's obviously returning to school and he's mentioned some of the things in interviews, so he'll be more ready for 25/26.
This is a very good point and worth noting. I know a few teams, Hawks are one of them, that have eliminated the on-ice portions of their development camps as to not interfere with the kids’ offseason training programs.

And you may think how would one week really impact their summer training that much? Well, bc it’s not just one week. If they know they’re going to be skating and trying to impress in STL the first week of July, they’re going to get back on the ice 2-3 weeks beforehand to make sure they’re not rusty and their timing isn’t off. But this could very well impact them adding muscle/strength/agility/flexibility etc in the gym.

To bleedblue’s point, a lot of them are likely in different spots in their offseason training as their seasons don’t all end at the same time. So some might be more recovered than others.

In the end, this stuff likely isn’t a huge impact but the impact isn’t zero. I’ll be interested if the teams that are now skipping the on ice portion see measurable differences in a few years.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Good points. Among his blathering, Vitale made some useful comments. One of them was talking about how the players have different goals coming into a camp like this. Some of them like Snuggerud and Stenberg already know where they'll be playing next year and there isn't as much pressure to wow anyone right now. Dvorsky needed to make a positive impression but his spot is pretty safe as well. This year's draft picks are just getting their feet wet and familiarizing themselves with the organization and city. Then you've got other fringe guys who are trying to get a training camp invite or perhaps a spot in Springfield, so they'll be taking this scrimmage a lot more seriously.

When they interviewed Taylor, he basically said the camp is more about getting to know the players personally and going over their offseason workout schedule than what happens on the ice. Either way, I had fun watching it!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Good points. Among his blathering, Vitale made some useful comments. One of them was talking about how the players have different goals coming into a camp like this. Some of them like Snuggerud and Stenberg already know where they'll be playing next year and there isn't as much pressure to wow anyone right now. Dvorsky needed to make a positive impression but his spot is pretty safe as well. This year's draft picks are just getting their feet wet and familiarizing themselves with the organization and city. Then you've got other fringe guys who are trying to get a training camp invite or perhaps a spot in Springfield, so they'll be taking this scrimmage a lot more seriously.

When they interviewed Taylor, he basically said the camp is more about getting to know the players personally and going over their offseason workout schedule than what happens on the ice. Either way, I had fun watching it!
Right. For the players, it's about bonding with each other and developing relationships within the organization, working on development plans, etc. For fans, it's fun to watch, and cool to notice the players that just have a natural ability that shines.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I hope not, I hope the Blues convince him to take the CHL path like Dvorsky. Competition isn't as strong but after a injury like that what the kid needs is confidence.
I'm pretty sure his CHL rights are with the Brantford Bulldogs of the OHL. Fun fact is that they are coached by former Blues defenseman Jay Mckee.

The Bulldogs should be really solid next year, so it would be a great fit.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

This is all true. And I don’t think it says anything about his upside, I just think we need to temper expectations on readiness here. As you say, the club seems to have. I’m just saying don’t expect dvo to be 2C this fall. That is gonna take time.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is all true. And I don’t think it says anything about his upside, I just think we need to temper expectations on readiness here. As you say, the club seems to have. I’m just saying don’t expect dvo to be 2C this fall. That is gonna take time.
I think if he makes it, it would be as a middle 6 winger that builds up to PP time. Basically what Thomas was his rookie year.

I'd also support him playing in Springfield as a C and dominating there first, so that when he eventually comes up, he can come up as a center. And looking at our contract situation and Springfield, it should be loaded with prospects, so should be fun to watch.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Yeah, but is the the kind of guy who will punch another teammate in the face to win a Cup?

We need a defenseman who is willing to make that kind of sacrifice.

I have a feeling he’s going to be a mean mofo. He just looks and sounds the part. A better skating Bertuzzo is probably a good comp. Maybe even a Zadorov type. I’m happy with this pick.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Mrsic is a guy who we are going to be talking up from this year’s draft like Pekarcik has been from last year’s draft. Kid has an amazing shot. Has looked better in drills than Dvorsky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad