Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Kos just got drafted by Kitchener in the CHL Import Draft. I wonder if that means Kos is planning on coming over for this season or if it was just a blind stab in the dark by Kitchener hoping they can convince him.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Where does Juricek play this year since he signed his ELC?
He most likely gets loaned back to HC Plzen.
I hope not, I hope the Blues convince him to take the CHL path like Dvorsky. Competition isn't as strong but after a injury like that what the kid needs is confidence.
Appears going to Brantford is in the discussion.
Edit: Credit to @bleedblue1223 for scooping this tweet by a minute!

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
That would be great for his development IMO. And I'd assume it would be similar to Dvorsky where he would be AHL eligible for 25/26 too.
I think that him already signing means that he is most likely on board with going to OHL this year and AHL the next. That feels like what team thinks might be best path for him and by signing already it's evidence that he has basically agreed to club's plan. Not 100% for sure, but that is my read.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think that him already signing means that he is most likely on board with going to OHL this year and AHL the next. That feels like what team thinks might be best path for him and by signing already it's evidence that he has basically agreed to club's plan. Not 100% for sure, but that is my read.
And while his brother was certainly more NHL or AHL ready, the fact that he came over in his D+1 season, I'd think Adam would too.

Reactions: Blueston

ToastedRavioli

Jun 29, 2023
I was thinking about the WJC today. It seems like the Blues will have eight players barring any surprising inclusions, omissions, injuries, or otherwise.

We should have six returning players:
Lindstein
Stenberg
Dvorsky
Pekarcik
Stancl
Jiricek

Jecho and Kos are both expected to make Czechia giving us eight

The blues do have three American LHDs that could potentially fight for a spot in Paul Fischer, Lukas Fischer, and Colin Ralph. Quinton Burns could also potentially sneak on to Canada if he has a great year, but very unlikely.

Reactions: mk80 and Mike Liut

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yeah, but is the the kind of guy who will punch another teammate in the face to win a Cup?

We need a defenseman who is willing to make that kind of sacrifice.

On the flip side, there were a lot of times during that season where most of us would have gladly volunteered to punch Rand Flanford in the face. Forgettable name, punchable face

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I was thinking about the WJC today. It seems like the Blues will have eight players barring any surprising inclusions, omissions, injuries, or otherwise.

Lindstein
Stenberg
Dvorsky
Pekarcik
Stancl
Jiricek

The blues do have three American LHDs that could potentially fight for a spot in Paul Fischer, Lukas Fischer, and Colin Ralph. Quinton Burns could also potentially sneak on to Canada if he has a great year, but very unlikely.
Paul Fischer was invited to the US camp and I’d give him greater than 50% odds of making the team.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022

Lindstein
Stenberg
Dvorsky
Pekarcik
Stancl
Jiricek

I can't wait for this year's WJC. Seeing our prospects dominate the tourney last year was a sight to behold.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Mrsic is a guy who we are going to be talking up from this year’s draft like Pekarcik has been from last year’s draft. Kid has an amazing shot. Has looked better in drills than Dvorsky.
EP was VERY high on Mrsic in their draft guide this year saying he had one of the best shots and was one of the best skaters in the draft. He's a top-20 pick on pure talent alone (they ranked him 46th overall). The knock on him is that he appeared to lack good vision and the ability to do anything but try and blow by kids with his straight line speed, which we all know you can't really do with regularity at the higher levels. The good news is that he really showed flashes of a translatable game and better drive/vision toward the end of the season.

In other words, it's not surprising to hear how well he's done in a camp like this but if he's going to carve out a career as an NHLer, he's going to need to build on his finish last year. If he does, look out. We could have a surprise on our hands.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I could be misremembering but wasn't he close to making the squad last year?
Not sure how close but he was in the selection camp. I recall him being considered a longshot but LD was a weakness for the US team so it was a pretty open competition. So maybe he was close to making it. I’m not sure.

With the ‘04s now too old though, assuming he has another strong college season, I think he should make the team this year.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Haven't watched all of it yet, but he confirmed that Pekarcik will be in CHL this season, but that they can't confirm the team right now. This is great news.

So, as you said: Pekarcik is going to a CHL club that has yet to be announced.

Also:
Kaskimaki: decision will be made in August if he will come over or play another season in Finland.
Stancl & Jiricek: Blues are hoping they will play in the CHL next season
Robertsson: Will come over (and very likely starts in Springfield)

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL

Also:
Kaskimaki: decision will be made in August if he will come over or play another season in Finland.
Kaskimaki already spent 2 seasons in Finland after being drafted, I thought he was for sure penciled in for Springfield so that is kinda surprising.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Kaskimaki already spent 2 seasons in Finland after being drafted, I thought he was for sure penciled in for Springfield so that is kinda surprising.
Blues have a possible 10 forwards of their own that could/may play in the AHL this year, so maybe the thought is that the situation in Finland is better for development since he is known throughout his Finnish team and will likely get an increased role. That's the only thing I can think of along with Army not being too keen on having an entirely young group down in the AHL. I think Kaskimaki would arguably be one of the better players if he came over, but that's just my assumption.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
What does he have to learn from playing in the CHL? All three leagues are on par with the USHL, and the Q is probably weaker.
If he’s not quite ready for the AHL then where else is he supposed to go? He could go back to Europe but he came over here to learn the language and adapt to the smaller ice surface so that doesn’t seem to be in the cards either.

Interesting that the tool man confirmed Pekarcik will be playing in the CHL but he couldn’t say which team yet. As of today, Acadie–Bathurst owns his CHL rights. But he clearly doesn’t want to play there. My guess is the Blues are trying to facilitate a trade to a more desirable location. BUT I’m almost certain they can only trade him to other Q teams. He can’t be traded to the O or Dub. So maybe Gateneau? That’s essentially Ottawa.

There was some talk over on the prospects board that perhaps A-B lost Pekarcik’s rights since they had the max 2 imports on their roster last season but that seems to not be the case as if so, someone would’ve selected him again in this year’s import draft, which was today. I’ll look forward to hearing where he’ll eventually be playing this season.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Also:
Lots of key info in this interview.

I’d like to see Stancl come over. His CHL rights are owned by the Kelowna Rockets. Tij Iginla, Andrew Cristall, Caden Price…that’d be a good team to join.

It wasn’t really clarified exactly what his injury is. TT said he was about 2 weeks away from therapy. I’d take that to mean he likely had some sort of surgery and he starts PT in 2 weeks. Hopefully it’s not a long recovery timeline.

Good to hear Robertsson “knows his role”. He has skill and a very nice shot but just not enough skill to properly use it as he can’t get time and space well enough. So he’s going to have to adapt to a bottom-6 energy guy to have a shot at the NHL. Hopefully he does well in Springfield.

Interesting they haven’t made the decision with Kaskimaki yet but he’s a year younger than Robertsson and it probably hinges on who all else they sign to two-way and AHL deals. Is there room for Kaskimaki in Springfield or would he be better served returing to Liiga?

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
If he’s not quite ready for the AHL then where else is he supposed to go? He could go back to Europe but he came over here to learn the language and adapt to the smaller ice surface so that doesn’t seem to be in the cards either.

Interesting that the tool man confirmed Pekarcik will be playing in the CHL but he couldn’t say which team yet. As of today, Acadie–Bathurst owns his CHL rights. But he clearly doesn’t want to play there. My guess is the Blues are trying to facilitate a trade to a more desirable location. BUT I’m almost certain they can only trade him to other Q teams. He can’t be traded to the O or Dub. So maybe Gateneau? That’s essentially Ottawa.

There was some talk over on the prospects board that perhaps A-B lost Pekarcik’s rights since they had the max 2 imports on their roster last season but that seems to not be the case as if so, someone would’ve selected him again in this year’s import draft, which was today. I’ll look forward to hearing where he’ll eventually be playing this season.
Is he eligible to go to the ECHL? While we don't have an official affiliate, the Orlando Solar Bears were home to a handful of our prospects during the course of the season with Biakabatuka, Dickinson, Gaudet, Malmstrom, and Colten Ellis, coincidentally former draft pick Evan Fitzpatrick was one of the other goalies there.

Regardless though it seems the Blues still want him to work on developing in juniors.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Is he eligible to go to the ECHL? While we don't have an official affiliate, the Orlando Solar Bears were home to a handful of our prospects during the course of the season with Biakabatuka, Dickinson, Gaudet, Malmstrom, and Colten Ellis, coincidentally former draft pick Evan Fitzpatrick was one of the other goalies there.

Regardless though it seems the Blues still want him to work on developing in juniors.
Yes, he’d be eligible.

No, I don’t think that’d be the best place for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad