Blue Jays/MLB 2024

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wow, Mets come back from the dead to win it in the 9th. Alonso the hero.
"Gonzo" Alonzo. The Miracle Mets add another chapter. Should be a great series with the Phils, a lot tighter than some people might think.

Hard luck Brewers. I like their team and will generally back small market teams especially against the Mets who were an NL East rival of my beloved Expos. Razor thin line but modern era baseball the home run is king. Never out of a close game with four base hitters in your lineup.
Super interesting in that both the Mets and the Padres spent obscene amounts of $$$ on free agents last year and it blew up in both of their faces. This year, they cleaned things up and moved a lot of that big cash away, and here are both of them in the playoffs and still going strong.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Can anybody tell me what happened in the Dodgers/Padres game to cause this long delay. I had flipped to the NFL game momentarily and when I flipped back the game was delayed, security was on the field but the announcers aren’t specifically talking about the incident or showing replays. I’m assuming it had something to do with Profar but I’m only guessing.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Can anybody tell me what happened in the Dodgers/Padres game to cause this long delay. I had flipped to the NFL game momentarily and when I flipped back the game was delayed, security was on the field but the announcers aren’t specifically talking about the incident or showing replays. I’m assuming it had something to do with Profar but I’m only guessing.
I'd like to know as well. I turned it on in the middle of the delay and never saw any full explanation of it.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Dodger fans were throwing crap onto the field - baseballs, beer, etc. Guess they weren't impressed with Profar's catch. ;)

Reactions: Barrsy

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Dodger fans were throwing crap onto the field - baseballs, beer, etc. Guess they weren't impressed with Profar's catch. ;)
lol, okay. I figured it was something like this but never found out exactly what happened. I saw the catch and saw how he mocked the crowd after and assumed that was the root of the incident. I’m not condoning what the Dodger fans did in any way but I did think Profar took it too far.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
lol, okay. I figured it was something like this but never found out exactly what happened. I saw the catch and saw how he mocked the crowd after and assumed that was the root of the incident. I’m not condoning what the Dodger fans did in any way but I did think Profar took it too far.
The Padres have constructed a team very similar to the Florida Panthers in the NHL. A cocky over the edge team with a bunch of villans. It seems to be working for them and they are relishing it, but they do have some great talent in all phases.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

100% of the blame goes to the Padres in this. They kept hitting homers and giving Dodger fans ammo to toss back at them. ;)

Reactions: Stoneman89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad