Claimed off Waivers: [VGK] Golden Knights claim F Cole Schwindt off waivers from the Flames

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The issue with Calgary forwards is with the exception of Coleman and Backlund all the other older top nine players, are one way guys that don't bring enough offence to justify the one way play.

You've got some bottom line guys that are offensive black holes and not really defensive stalwarts either. Then you've got another 5 or so guys that don't even have a full NHL season.

I don't see that as a top half of the league forward core, and the issue is that the forward core is the team's strength.
Sounds like a fun team to watch if you also want the team to finish in the bottom 10 of the league and preferably in the bottom 5. A little bit of offence and crappy defence to negate that offence ending up in a loss but a fun game to watch. Conroy has a plan. And no... it doesn't include trading Andersson to the Oilers.

Screenshot_20241009-102327_kindlephoto-1260892592.png

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Sounds like a fun team to watch if you also want the team to finish in the bottom 10 of the league and preferably in the bottom 5. A little bit of offence and crappy defence to negate that offence ending up in a loss but a fun game to watch. Conroy has a plan. And no... it doesn't include trading Andersson to the Oilers.
That makes two of us glad that Andersson won't be going to the Oilers. They need a RD that can perform in the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: Rubi

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
The one way offensive guys thing is overblown. Kadri is solid. Honzek/Zary/Pospisil are young but they're two way guys.

The third line might be a bit rough but they should be able to be protected well enough. 4th line should be fun hockey.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That makes two of us glad that Andersson won't be going to the Oilers. They need a RD that can perform in the playoffs.
I shall enjoy watching the Oilers defence strut their stuff this year sans Rasmus Andersson. You've got a group of real rock solid stalwart defenders there... outside of the first pairing. Might not be a problem though. Do you think Bouchard and Ekholm can play 60 minutes a night?

Screenshot_20241009-110913_kindlephoto-1262578674.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241009-110913_kindlephoto-1262578674.png
    Screenshot_20241009-110913_kindlephoto-1262578674.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 1

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
The one way offensive guys thing is overblown. Kadri is solid. Honzek/Zary/Pospisil are young but they're two way guys.

The third line might be a bit rough but they should be able to be protected well enough. 4th line should be fun hockey.
I don't see how its overblown. After the trade deadline with the Flames down two top 4 D-men and a top six center they gave up 77 goals in 20 games.

They didn't come close to replacing any of the players lost, and then traded away a reliable winger in Mangiapane and their starting goalie in the offseason to boot.

You are probably underestimating how much the Flames are going to stink. You can't just chop out 5 of the best players on a team that was attempting to build around depth and expect things to be alright.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I shall enjoy watching the Oilers defence strut their stuff this year sans Rasmus Andersson. You've got a group of real rock solid stalwart defenders there... outside of the first pairing. Might not be a problem though. Do you think Bouchard and Ekholm can play 60 minutes a night?
I suspect you'll be pretty disappointed when they perform better than you expect. Oilers were top ten in goals against last season and the losses are Ceci who Flames fans were calling "untradable" going into the offseason and Desharnais.

Now Ceci is a big loss? Make up your minds guys.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I suspect you'll be pretty disappointed when they perform better than you expect. Oilers were top ten in goals against last season and the losses are Ceci who Flames fans were calling "untradable" going into the offseason and Desharnais.

Now Ceci is a big loss? Make up your minds guys.
Well that expectation bar is pretty low so yes.. they could perform better than expected... which isn't saying much. I look forward to watching the much improved (LOL) Nurse-Emberson pairing.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't see how its overblown. After the trade deadline with the Flames down two top 4 D-men and a top six center they gave up 77 goals in 20 games.

They didn't come close to replacing any of the players lost, and then traded away a reliable winger in Mangiapane and their starting goalie in the offseason to boot.

You are probably underestimating how much the Flames are going to stink. You can't just chop out 5 of the best players on a team that was attempting to build around depth and expect things to be alright.

I have no doubt the defense is going to struggle. It's just not going to be the forwards fault.

Ya we lost Lindholm, that hurts. Don't give a shit about losing Mangiapane, he fell off a cliff two years ago. This idea that we have no two forwards is ridiculous.

Like shit, Oilers have one defensive minded player in their whole offense and you moved him to the wing haha. Leon might score 45 goals and be a negative +/-

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Well that expectation bar is pretty low so yes.. they could perform better than expected... which isn't saying much. I look forward to watching the much improved (LOL) Nurse-Emberson pairing.
Meh. Not too many stack d-cores in the league these days. I'm sure if the Oilers had Kulikov in their top four like the Panthers did for their home opener it would be called the worst D in history.

Flames fans love their histrionics when it comes to the Oilers.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I have no doubt the defense is going to struggle. It's just not going to be the forwards fault.

Ya we lost Lindholm, that hurts. Don't give a shit about losing Mangiapane, he fell off a cliff two years ago. This idea that we have no two forwards is ridiculous.

Like shit, Oilers have one defensive minded player in their whole offense and you moved him to the wing haha. Leon might score 45 goals and be a negative +/-
One team gave up 77 goals down the stretch last season.

You can say Flames are good defensively, and the Oilers are terrible, but the facts don't bear it out.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Meh. Not too many stack d-cores in the league these days. I'm sure if the Oilers had Kulikov in their top four like the Panthers did for their home opener it would be called the worst D in history.

Flames fans love their histrionics when it comes to the Oilers.

Says the guy posting obsessively in a Flames/Knights waiver claim thread :laugh:

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
One team gave up 77 goals down the stretch last season.

You can say Flames are good defensively, and the Oilers are terrible, but the facts don't bear it out.
I literally just said our defense will struggle. Like I started the comment with that. We have two huge question marks in our top 4, just like you guys

We had Hanley and pachal in our top 4 last year haha. We actually did better than I would have guessed

We'll see how your defense looks when you trade your last scraps of future assets for two defenders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad