Blue Jays/MLB 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I guess he was right about Alvarez.;)

Well, if the Yankees can advance, at least they won't have to worry about their daddy, the Astros spanking them once again.

It's looking like another one of the big boys (Baltimore) might be on the way out, courtesy of another of the up and comers (Royals)

The team that wins the first game in these mini series, historically, wins the series, and a lot of times, it's a sweep/

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I hope so. Tremendous player in his era. I agreed with his ban in the 90’s and still would have today if professional sports hadn’t decided to get in to bed with gambling. It was hard to justify the ban after that.

They had good pitching all season. That’s what it takes to win.
Yep, great pitching always beats great hitting.

Well the Orioles turn into playoff turnips again.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
This is what happens when team owners are more interested in ball park renovations, season tickets and merchandise than on field performance.
It’s clear that the expectations of this mgmt group are minimal and probably more attuned to PR than anything else.
Vladi’s career will be squandered with the Jays.

After what Atkins said I wouldn't be surprised if his interest of spending his career with the Blue Jays has waned quite a bit.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
What did Atkins say? I’ve somehow managed to miss all season ending interviews with the Jays this week.

And this was right after Schneider was asked the same question and answered that he did think Vlad was generational. So there's still a huge disconnect between management and the manager. Also idk what the f***ing foresight was in insulting your star player before entering into an arbitration cycle.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

And this was right after Schneider was asked the same question and answered that he did think Vlad was generational. So there's still a huge disconnect between management and the manager. Also idk what the f***ing foresight was in insulting your star player before entering into an arbitration cycle.
Kinda makes me think that they’re miles apart on a new deal and it’s going to get ugly.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019

When a team has been in decline since 2021, you expect mgmt to address that and up their game. Get more aggressive in their evaluations, development, acquisitions.…the works.
In the case of the Jays, we get mgmt’s rationalizations of their problems…the talk of injuries, surprising under performances, etc.
Never hear about dedicating themselves to improve and win….just hoping for the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad