LeBrun: Blue Jackets rejected to trade 2024 4OA for Chicago's 2025 1st round pick unprotected

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I mean the unprotected 1st is nice for next year but were they getting a swap of anything this year?

If not, then probably more beneficial to pick your guy this year and have him in the system for a year over waiting and possibly having a pick worse than 4OA.

Yeah would have been a big gamble, but Chicago is going to suck next year, and the draft is going to be good at the very least.

Thats a terrible offer for the 4th overall pick.

one year later and a random pick. Even if its like lets say 4-5 overall, theres just no point.

If it's 1st OA though...

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Do like what Chicago was trying to do though. Get as much high end talent around the same age to grow with Bedard is smart business.

Would like to hear the full trade offer. What is posted and not knowing what the “additional pick” was, hard time seeing anyone accept the offer unless it was very meaningful.

Yeah they could possibly get a higher draft pick with Chicsgo’s next year, but it could also backfire in a pretty epic way as well.

Better to take what is there than risk that.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
If anything Chicago calling and offering that means that other teams think you are getting a really good player.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Assuming Chicago was circling back for Demidov (should have picked him at 2 to begin with) and this was our own pick Columbus would be insane to turn this down. Chicago has at least one more year left in the basement and the odds of them getting them getting a top 5 pick in 2025 plus everything else was high. Guess they finally felt bad about hosing us in trades.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Thats a terrible offer for the 4th overall pick.

one year later and a random pick. Even if its like lets say 4-5 overall, theres just no point.
Sure I guess it depends on what the other pick the Black Hawks give up but props to the Hawks that's a ballsy move.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1719633767033.png

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
They’re trying to start fresh in cbus, leaving the draft without a first rounder or a player to show for it starts it off with a fizzle. I doubt they’ll regret getting the player they have. It’s a nice offer but I wouldn’t have done it either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad