Half-Assed GDT: Blue guys vs. flightless bird guys

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hey guys, just wondering how L. Brown has been for ya’ll?

Just going on stats he seems to have cooled off a bit. Is he playing well?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Watching the game on delay. That was a frustrating loss.

Piling on the officials here, inside 3 minutes left, Barbashev got hauled down making a play on the puck behind their net. Should have been called based on the officiating standard set for that game and would have set up a 6 on 4 PP only down one goal as the Pens scored shortly after.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
That was one of the dumbest games I've seen in a while. Horrible reffing.

Mikkola has played better than I expected, but not sure he should be playing 20 mins a night against top competition. Have to imagine Bortz would have played over Perunovich if he was available as we needed a little more help on D.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Mikola should have never gotten Sid fired up. I think that was the major turning point of the game. It sounds cliche but Crosby is not the guy you want to get angry. That paired with the ill-advised challenge really kind of sealed the deal.

sure would love a series between these two teams.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Berube is right for the wrong reasons. It's not necessarily about whether Crosby's skate was in the crease or wasn't (on replay, it wasn't). The fact that Crosby's contact with Binnington impaired his ability to defend is goal when there wasn't a reasonable effort to avoid such contact makes the play goaltender interference.
To me it was a failure for the officials to recognize that it was not about whether or not Crosby was in the blue paint. It was 100% about the fact that Binnington was in the blue paint and was avoidably denied an opportunity to defend his goal by Crosby. That should have been such an easy "incidental contact" call upon review, but there was no way they were taking a goal away from Sid. This absolutely had a lot to do with who scored, not just how it was scored.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Mikola should have never gotten Sid fired up. I think that was the major turning point of the game. It sounds cliche but Crosby is not the guy you want to get angry. That paired with the ill-advised challenge really kind of sealed the deal.

If Mikkola just stood there and let Crosby cross check the shit out of him then he doesn't deserve a spot on this roster lol

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

Go back to your forum.

You have a good team, but you guys are whiney and entitled (hence you are here to gloat). The refs will tilt the ice the minute Mr. Wonderful bitches to the refs.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
That was one of the dumbest games I've seen in a while. Horrible reffing.

Mikkola has played better than I expected, but not sure he should be playing 20 mins a night against top competition. Have to imagine Bortz would have played over Perunovich if he was available as we needed a little more help on D.

The whole: "Miko is terrible, he awoke a sleeping giant" take is all over the internet. It's dumb.

Miko did his job but came up short because he doesn't get preferential treatment by the NHL reffing crews.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
If Mikkola just stood there and let Crosby cross check the shit out of him then he doesn't deserve a spot on this roster lol
Standing his own ground is one thing, but it went to the next level and definitely put some heat under Sid's butt.

Go back to your forum.
I was under the impression anyone could visit and comment on any forums they want. No need to be rude, I like keeping up with and interacting with other fanbases.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Standing his own ground is one thing, but it went to the next level and definitely put some heat under Sid's butt.

I was under the impression anyone could visit and comment on any forums they want. No need to be rude, I like keeping up with and interacting with other fanbases.

You came to gloat.

There are open forums for general NHL game talk. Go there. I don't go to other teams forums unless it's to compliment them on something. Almost never after or during a game. That's bad form.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Mikkola messing up Sid's nose had zero to do with the outcome. It didn't "light" a fire and if it did, thats pathetic considering hes won 3 cups and apparently needs someone to break his nose to get him fired up LMAO

The officials allowing Sid to interfere Binner for a GTG which directly led to the GWG did though.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
You came to gloat.

There are open forums for general NHL game talk. Go there. I don't go to other teams forums unless it's to compliment them on something. Almost never after or during a game. That's bad form.
Oh c'mon man, you don't even know me. I don't care to gloat, I wasn't out there on the ice, I'm not on the team. I like keeping up with and seeing reactions from other fanbases.

I gave my take on the game and added a compliment at the end by saying I'd like to see a playoff series between the two teams. I somewhat like the Blues, Tarasenko was my first non-Penguins jersey. I got no ill will.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Oh c'mon man, you don't even know me. I don't care to gloat, I wasn't out there on the ice, I'm not on the team. I like keeping up with and seeing reactions from other fanbases.

I gave my take on the game and added a compliment at the end by saying I'd like to see a playoff series between the two teams. I somewhat like the Blues, Tarasenko was my first non-Penguins jersey. I got no ill will.
Leave

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Mikkola messing up Sid's nose had zero to do with the outcome. It didn't "light" a fire and if it did, thats pathetic considering hes won 3 cups and apparently needs someone to break his nose to get him fired up LMAO

The officials allowing Sid to interfere Binner for a GTG which directly led to the GWG did though.
The blame game on Berube is stupid too. GI is such a shit show in the NHL. I saw two standards for it in that game. God knows, what the refs and the Toronto "experts" are thinking minute to minute.

Reactions: TheDizee

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
To me it was a failure for the officials to recognize that it was not about whether or not Crosby was in the blue paint. It was 100% about the fact that Binnington was in the blue paint and was avoidably denied an opportunity to defend his goal by Crosby. That should have been such an easy "incidental contact" call upon review, but there was no way they were taking a goal away from Sid. This absolutely had a lot to do with who scored, not just how it was scored.
This is BS.

The officiating was bad, but Binny initiated contact by sticking out his arm.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Glad I went to bed a bit earlier last night. Mikkola really needs to learn how to get the puck out of the zone under pressure. And Parayko needs to learn to put all of his skills together. For as much crap that Faulk and Krug get about their defensive abilities at even strength they are 1.6 and 2.5 for GA/60 which is the best on the team for defensemen with 20 or more games played.

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
That game turned when the Blues got Crosby riled up, if Crosby doesn't get punched the Penguins were gonna lay down and probably lose that game 4 to 1 or 4 to 2. The Penguins and Crosby woke up after that scuffle.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The whole: "Miko is terrible, he awoke a sleeping giant" take is all over the internet. It's dumb.

Miko did his job but came up short because he doesn't get preferential treatment by the NHL reffing crews.

Not necessarily because of the Crosby thing, but rather it's asking a lot of the guy to go from a 7th d-man to playing against top lines every single night. That being said, he's gotta pick his spots and I'm not sure it was wise to piss Crosby off when he did. The Blues had all the momentum at the time and we lost it for the rest of the game from that point.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Not necessarily because of the Crosby thing, but rather it's asking a lot of the guy to go from a 7th d-man to playing against top lines every single night. That being said, he's gotta pick his spots and I'm not sure it was wise to piss Crosby off when he did. The Blues had all the momentum at the time and we lost it for the rest of the game from that point.
I don't buy that take.

Crosby complained to the refs. The ice tilted in their favor with the refs. The Blues stopped playing aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad