Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Wasn't going to be able to watch the game so PVR'ed it and was avoiding all media so as not to have my watching it later spoiled and my buddy calls me in the 4th quarter and spoiled it for me. Was expecting a call from the better half and didn't check before answering. He's originally from Edmonton so I'm making his life a living Hell for the rest of the season.:D

Edit: Pleasantly surprised, though not really after the BC smack talk that we put it to Mr. Rourke and his sidekick Tattoo(insert any BC player):naughty:, 5-0. And starting to hit on all cylinders. Gotta love it.

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Wasn't going to be able to watch the game so PVR'ed it and was avoiding all media so as not to have my watching it later spoiled and my buddy calls me in the 4th quarter and spoiled it for me. Was expecting a call from the better half and didn't check before answering. He's originally from Edmonton so I'm making his life a living Hell for the rest of the season.:D
I believe chris jones already has the covered

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Blue Ballers... !!!

The team was on a mission...

The Champs know how to do it...

bman.gif

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Made sure to watch that game 100% and was super happy that I committed to it. Janarion Grant and then the immediate defence turnover on the opening plays really allowed the offence to get into a groove. Collaros was outstanding tonight. Buck Pierce even called a decent game. Rourke has tremendous potential and I'd love to him to be the face of the CFL, so long as he doesn't get poached by the NFL - but Richie Hall's defence really was all about capitalizing on any mistakes made by him and his receivers. Wish the Bombers came out playing this way every week, lol. Another battle of undefeated teams coming up vs CGY next week, should be a good one as well.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Made sure to watch that game 100% and was super happy that I committed to it. Janarion Grant and then the immediate defence turnover on the opening plays really allowed the offence to get into a groove. Collaros was outstanding tonight. Buck Pierce even called a decent game. Rourke has tremendous potential and I'd love to him to be the face of the CFL, so long as he doesn't get poached by the NFL - but Richie Hall's defence really was all about capitalizing on any mistakes made by him and his receivers. Wish the Bombers came out playing this way every week, lol. Another battle of undefeated teams coming up vs CGY next week, should be a good one as well.
just need to have teams talk shit before hand

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
The Bombers, once again, play their best when their opponent grabs their attention. Last year, it was all Sask talk leading up to Labour Day, and the Bombers crushed them back to back. This time it was about how BC and their QB were too much for the Bombers. One of their players, even predicting a beat down. It seems the Bombers still have it when they are focused. Calgary is next…TSN is going to be selling this game as the reemergence of the league powerhouse Stampeders, I can’t wait to see how the Bombers respond to this challenge.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Sayles sure looks dumb now for calling our offence vanilla, eh?

Rourke extremely unimpressive tonight — really, he only impressed by still somehow managing to have the mouthbreathers at TSN lick his nether regions despite his poor play. He capitalized with a few big plays (although the 2nd and 23 toss was clearly OPI) but other than that did a whole lot of nothing.

I’ll have more positive dialogue tomorrow.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Marino should get 3-5 games

Gutless hit
Honestly the hit wasn’t as bad as his reaction after.

The hit wasn’t good obviously but we’ve seen similar in the past (still worth a suspension, of course). But I’ve never seen a moron bouncing around celebrating like that after an opposing player is carted off. Looks terrible for the league. He should be done for that.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
just need to have teams talk shit before hand
My father speaks highly of a game in the (maybe?) 1980s between Winnipeg and Toronto. The Argos had a high powered offence, the Bombers, a stellar defence. Before the game, Toronto’s QB came to the media and said he had a dream that he scored 50 points on us. Needless to say, the Bombers proceeded to completely shut him down.

It was a dream alright.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Do y'all think that BC's run D is just bad, or is our running game turning around? I liked the pre-snap movement going on, and our O-line was finally creating some holes. Or was it more O&A finally just hitting the holes?

I thought our short yardage plays were getting excellent pushes for the most part.

That early drive with multiple 10+ yard runs really helped our passing game for the remainder - I appreciated Buck's playcalling there - he went to the run more than I expected, and it worked, and that set up play action effectiveness later, IMO.

Reactions: kellhunter

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Complete team effort last night, BC made a couple play but was very happy by the way the guys responded the following drives and seemed to not let their foot off BC throats much all game.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Do y'all think that BC's run D is just bad, or is our running game turning around? I liked the pre-snap movement going on, and our O-line was finally creating some holes. Or was it more O&A finally just hitting the holes?

I thought our short yardage plays were getting excellent pushes for the most part.

That early drive with multiple 10+ yard runs really helped our passing game for the remainder - I appreciated Buck's playcalling there - he went to the run more than I expected, and it worked, and that set up play action effectiveness later, IMO.

Few different factors here I think. BC's not particularly good against the run, but thats not the only reason. Obviously O line stepped up with a big game. One big reason, IMO, is Bombers were setting up more in spread formations, even on running plays. Helps prevent D's from loading up the box. Bombers love to bring in their SBs to TE like formations for runs, but that means more defenders on the line. It hasnt been working, so good adjustment. And also the Bombers pushed the field with the pass early finally with success, which backed off the DBs and LBs finally. And lastly, they finally used a true rotation and added in the Augustine speed to mix with Oliveira. This is more like what I expected the time share to be. 12 carries Augustine, 7 Oliveira, 3 McCrae.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Sayles sure looks dumb now for calling our offence vanilla, eh?

Rourke extremely unimpressive tonight — really, he only impressed by still somehow managing to have the mouthbreathers at TSN lick his nether regions despite his poor play. He capitalized with a few big plays (although the 2nd and 23 toss was clearly OPI) but other than that did a whole lot of nothing.

I’ll have more positive dialogue tomorrow.
I would agree on Rourke. The TSN talking heads keep going on and on about how Rourke is learning from game experience. Certainly that is true, but what they don’t mention is that defensive coordinators are starting to get film on Rourke and what his tendencies are. BC offence was always built as a big play offence and Rourke has an arm to do that, but at least 50% of what he does comes with him scrambling around. The Bombers put a stop to that and it hurt his effectiveness. Also, he’s not too fast of a learner, his after game comments about how they lost the game because they played poorly and not because the Bombers played particularly well :rolleyes:I get that the idea of a Canadian QB in the Canadian game is a good talking point for media, but this idea that he is some type of messiah after winning 3 games..2 of which were on home field and one of which was against a horrendous Edm team, is way over the top. He’s BC’s starting QB, that’s nice, but maybe the media should wait until the season is almost complete before mentioning him in the same group as some of the all time greats. It’s overselling.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad