Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I agree with most of this but if you think the Bombers would have won a grey cup let alone two without Collaros then I would beg to differ. I think he is the best quarterback in the league and I’d rather pay to keep him than Andrew Harris who still seems to have his motor running but also seems to be teetering on injury every week. His age is showing
Lol, no. I don't think Nichols or McGuire were going to win Grey Cups for us.

Apparently I'm insulting Collaros to group him in with the best best QBs in the game instead of praising him for being the best QB of all time.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Lol, no. I don't think Nichols or McGuire were going to win Grey Cups for us.

Apparently I'm insulting Collaros to group him in with the best best QBs in the game instead of praising him for being the best QB of all time.
Which of course, he could never be.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Couple of fairly recent Bombers being inducted in BB hall of fame. I remember both well, did not realize both were so high in Bomber history

RB Fred Reid (07-11) - 7th all-time in rushing yards for Bombers. Holds Bomber record with 260 yards rushing in 1 game.
DE Gavin Walls (05-09) - Tied 4th all-time in sacks for Bombers (47). For reference Jackson Jeffcoat is at 26 career sacks all with Wpg, and Willie Jefferson is at 20 with Winnipeg, 51 overall in his career. Walls apparently still lives and works in Winnipeg.

A couple of bright spots in what was generally a poor era of Bomber football. 07 should have been a GC if not for a Kevin Glenn broken arm and 11 Swaggerville was a charismatic team that struggled to find it's groove in the fall but outside of that I don't have many happy memories of that 04-15 era haha.

Last edited:

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The writing was on the wall for Khari, put his faith in Harris and Adams Jr. and they let him down big time, not having Stanback was another strike and of course Maciocia patrolling the sidelines didn't help, Barron Miles was also let go as DC with retread Noel Thorpe taking over

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
As soon as Macocia was hired as GM you knew he wanted to be HC as well... Montreal is really going to tank now.
Works for me. After Montreal pulverized Suckskatchewan a couple weeks back, Rider fans spammed r/CFL with claims of “MonTrEAL jUsT PrOvED THeY aRe LeGiT” instead of, you know, coming to pass on the possibility that their team wasn’t actually all that and a bag of chips.

Hopefully the Riders can lose to a few more mediocre teams in the coming week so we can hear about how “legit” those teams are.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Reality is Montreal has been looking to turf Khari since 2019. He's kept his job solely based on overperforming expectations for the better part of 2 seasons now. It was never going to end any other way, but I doubt anyone else could have done a better job. I am nearly certain Khari will be back as a HC sometime in the future.

If you want to see the end result of Danny Maciocia, look no further than current day Edmonton Elks organization. When he took over the organization, they were arguably the biggest fanbase in the league, riding a nearly 35 year long playoff streak, one losing season since 1972. When he was done with them he had gutted that organization. Between 2006 and 5 games into 2010 (when he was finally fired) the Eskimos (at the time) amassed a 32-44-1 record, missing the playoffs twice in 4 years (would again in 2010 after starting 1-4 when he was fired), and completely eroded the faith in the organization in the city. In the years since Edmonton has managed to miss the playoffs 4 times in 11 years (not horrendous, but pretty bad considering it's CFL where 6/8 and 6/9 teams make playoffs). They had a few good years with Mike Reilly, but the erosion of the fanbase took hold during the Maciocia years. I was living in Edmonton at the time, I witnessed it first hand. While he isn't solely to blame, a large reason that organization started it's decline was mismanagement under Maciocia. This is not the guy to turn around an organization, I would never touch him with a 10 foot pole. To me it's like hiring Joe Mack all over again. I had high hopes for Montreal, but that was entirely on Khari managing to beat the odds again. Without him, it's game over, IMO.

This was all Danny Maciocia...(I was at this game, that is something I will NEVER forget)

Last edited:

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
As soon as Macocia was hired as GM you knew he wanted to be HC as well... Montreal is really going to tank now.
I watched one Als game this year (Vs the Argos) and they kept showing the owner in the press box. You could literally see the owner not trusting everything Kahari did from a couple hundred yards away. He was extremely animated while disagreeing with Kahari's choices. Kahari went for it on 3rd down and you can see him saying "No way, we aren't really going for it". They did and got the 1st.

I don't know why they even bothered letting Kahari start the year.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
4 Elks down in the first 20 minutes of the game tonight with serious looking injuries already. That includes starting QB Tre Ford (confirmed out for the game) along with 3 defensive starters. Not a great start for them.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I'm a Bomber season ticket holder and I've followed the team since 1957. And I really do enjoy watching the CFL in general. However, I do have grave concerns about the current viability of the league. Anyone do a count of fans in the stands at Commonwealth tonight? It looks like the stands at a USFL game. And Edmonton is not the only team with a paucity of butts in the seats. The CFL is in big trouble in my opinion.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Note to Chris Jones... don't destroy your starting QBs confidence all off-season - you might need him when your genius runs out...

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I will say Arbuckle is making LaPolice look a little better. If you don't remember Arbuckle signed in Ottawa for 2020. After the season was cancelled Ottawa let go of Arbuckle before he even played a game for them to sign in Toronto. Now the replacement was Matt Nichols for 2021, which obviously didn't go great, but everyone was shocked looking at them letting go of one of the top "prospects" for starting QB, but he is not looking it anymore. Makes you wonder how much the great Calgary teams have propped up QBs they've brought in, cause Arbuckle looked great back in Calgary in 2018/2019.

Edmonton back to being a disaster. But losing your starting QB and 3 defensive starters in the first 20 minutes of the game is going to be hard on anyone, a team that can barely hang in there healthy it's basically a death sentence. Hilarious QB run around. Tre Ford starts, leaves in injured. Enter Nick Arbuckle. Doesn't play all the great (10/15 but just 50 odd yards) so he's pulled for starting SB Kai Locksley to come in at QB. He is surprisingly "ok" at QB (hard to judge really, his team was fumbling, etc) then Locksley gets hurt. So Arbuckle comes back in to finish the game. I don't think I've ever seen that many QB changes in a game.

• Haha
Reactions: FonRiesen

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I will say Arbuckle is making LaPolice look a little better. If you don't remember Arbuckle signed in Ottawa for 2020. After the season was cancelled Ottawa let go of Arbuckle before he even played a game for them to sign in Toronto. Now the replacement was Matt Nichols for 2021, which obviously didn't go great, but everyone was shocked looking at them letting go of one of the top "prospects" for starting QB, but he is not looking it anymore. Makes you wonder how much the great Calgary teams have propped up QBs they've brought in, cause Arbuckle looked great back in Calgary in 2018/2019.

Edmonton back to being a disaster. But losing your starting QB and 3 defensive starters in the first 20 minutes of the game is going to be hard on anyone, a team that can barely hang in there healthy it's basically a death sentence. Hilarious QB run around. Tre Ford starts, leaves in injured. Enter Nick Arbuckle. Doesn't play all the great (10/15 but just 50 odd yards) so he's pulled for starting SB Kai Locksley to come in at QB. He is surprisingly "ok" at QB (hard to judge really, his team was fumbling, etc) then Locksley gets hurt. So Arbuckle comes back in to finish the game. I don't think I've ever seen that many QB changes in a game.
I don't think we will ever know if Arbuckle was a good QB or not... the Ottawa debacle and now the Edmonton disaster has destroyed his confidence - hard to get that back.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
4 Elks down in the first 20 minutes of the game tonight with serious looking injuries already. That includes starting QB Tre Ford (confirmed out for the game) along with 3 defensive starters. Not a great start for them.
Didn’t end so well either :laugh:

Just wait till Arbuckle plays our secondary. That will turn him around :nod::sarcasm:

Reactions: Fairview

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Didn’t end so well either :laugh:

Just wait till Arbuckle plays our secondary. That will turn him around :nod::sarcasm:

He played most of our #1s in Winnipeg in preseason and looked like a world beater. I guess looking back, that should have prepared us for this slow start for our defensive secondary.

Reactions: snowkiddin

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Damn you guys are dark. They're 4-0. If they beat BC I don't care how it looks I expect some more positivity ;) haha
Hey Im fine with this season... both our grey cup seasons started with some hiccups and the team just got stronger

Would be nice to get Augustine a full game, utilize playaction more and get another import RB on the PR - but I mean these a paltry concerns compared to years past

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
when is lapolice is the next change!!??

book it...west wins the grey cup whatever team comes out of the west!!

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
when is lapolice is the next change!!??

book it...west wins the grey cup whatever team comes out of the west!!

Thing is Grey Cup is a one game take all. For years and years now the West has been dominant. Yet the East wins almost equal number of cups in that one game take all format. Can't dismiss them. But yes again the West going to be slog to get out of. Bombers could very well be 4th in the West after this week...at 4-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad