Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Thing is Grey Cup is a one game take all. For years and years now the West has been dominant. Yet the East wins almost equal number of cups in that one game take all format. Can't dismiss them. But yes again the West going to be slog to get out of. Bombers could very well be 4th in the West after this week...at 4-

being in sask this year...weather will definitely be a factor in equalizing the equation...running game will be the deciding fact and the west seems to be ahead in those respects

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I will say Arbuckle is making LaPolice look a little better. If you don't remember Arbuckle signed in Ottawa for 2020. After the season was cancelled Ottawa let go of Arbuckle before he even played a game for them to sign in Toronto. Now the replacement was Matt Nichols for 2021, which obviously didn't go great, but everyone was shocked looking at them letting go of one of the top "prospects" for starting QB, but he is not looking it anymore. Makes you wonder how much the great Calgary teams have propped up QBs they've brought in, cause Arbuckle looked great back in Calgary in 2018/2019.

Edmonton back to being a disaster. But losing your starting QB and 3 defensive starters in the first 20 minutes of the game is going to be hard on anyone, a team that can barely hang in there healthy it's basically a death sentence. Hilarious QB run around. Tre Ford starts, leaves in injured. Enter Nick Arbuckle. Doesn't play all the great (10/15 but just 50 odd yards) so he's pulled for starting SB Kai Locksley to come in at QB. He is surprisingly "ok" at QB (hard to judge really, his team was fumbling, etc) then Locksley gets hurt. So Arbuckle comes back in to finish the game. I don't think I've ever seen that many QB changes in a game.
Edmonton isn't so bad. If they were in the East they'd be tied for first.:D:sarcasm::eek3:

Reactions: rkp

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Nobody has posted it yet but only one roster change for the Bombers this week. LB Kyrie Wilson moved to 6 game IR, they've brought DE LB Mack III back off PR to active roster. Otherwise no changes. Expect to see more Gauthier and Maruo on defense this week. Let's hope they settle down for this game, will need a big defensive performance against story of the year Rourke.

Sask running through Ottawa tonight. The East looks even worse than normal so far, this is kinda pathetic. Clearly BC, WPG, CGY, SSK are the 4 best teams in the league, all in the West.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Nobody has posted it yet but only one roster change for the Bombers this week. LB Kyrie Wilson moved to 6 game IR, they've brought DE LB Mack III back off PR to active roster. Otherwise no changes. Expect to see more Gauthier and Maruo on defense this week. Let's hope they settle down for this game, will need a big defensive performance against story of the year Rourke.

Sask running through Ottawa tonight. The East looks even worse than normal so far, this is kinda pathetic. Clearly BC, WPG, CGY, SSK are the 4 best teams in the league, all in the West.
Osh gonna Osh... I was hoping Clements was WIL

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Bombers struggled with Ottawa and Toronto who were blown out by Suckskatchewan and BC respectively. Time will tell whether or not the Bombers just aren’t that good or if they’re playing down to crappy teams’ levels.

Gonna catch the game at midnight tomorrow! Should be a good one, though I’ll likely have to mute the Rourke butt munch fest.

Reactions: Fairview

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Osh gonna Osh... I was hoping Clements was WIL
Clements is listed as the starter at WILL LB. He is going to get his chance. I was just speculating based on how they've handled D (Clements rotated in on passing downs) that Maruo/Gauthier gonna get a look. Clements, the Dentist, is gonna handle most of the work at LB. But they will freely use Gauthier on running downs, with Maruo filling in on passing downs, IMO.

Bombers struggled with Ottawa and Toronto who were blown out by Suckskatchewan and BC respectively. Time will tell whether or not the Bombers just aren’t that good or if they’re playing down to crappy teams’ levels.

Gonna catch the game at midnight tomorrow! Should be a good one, though I’ll likely have to mute the Rourke butt munch fest.
We'll see but I think this talk down is unrealistic. The core has won back to back Grey Cups. I'm gonna be shocked if there's any kinda of blowout. Bombers just aren't a team designed to win big. But they win big games. Let's see how it goes.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Clements is listed as the starter at WILL LB. He is going to get his chance. I was just speculating based on how they've handled D (Clements rotated in on passing downs) that Maruo/Gauthier gonna get a look. Clements, the Dentist, is gonna handle most of the work at LB. But they will freely use Gauthier on running downs, with Maruo filling in on passing downs, IMO.

We'll see but I think this talk down is unrealistic. The core has won back to back Grey Cups. I'm gonna be shocked if there's any kinda of blowout. Bombers just aren't a team designed to win big. But they win big games. Let's see how it goes.
Well External Skeptic I hope the Bombers can get it done. I will pour out a Labatte Blue in your honour tomorrow when I start the game at midnight. Will check back in at 3 a.m. to celebrate and/or throw in the towel on the season.

Stay tuned

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Big game today Here we go Bombers!

1657392171542.png

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Someone said earlier that Grant should be doing kick off returning

Good call ……

Edit: Hope that Pat Hill buys a lot of Tbones

None

Feb 22, 2012
Good drive, hopefully the offense can maintain some of this consistency. Collaros passing well into coverage might open up the box and open up the field for the run game at some point too.

Reactions: FonRiesen

None

Feb 22, 2012
First first down from just the run this year (outside of that Collaros run)? First back to back first downs on run plays too?

Reactions: FonRiesen

None

Feb 22, 2012
Nice to see Suitor so glum.

Best part of it.

Man, Rose got beat bad on an underthrown sail ball assuming he wasn't pushed.

Edit: I think the push was pretty blatant from the reverse angle, you can see the push on Rose's lower back completely stopped his ability to go up on that ball. Not gonna blame him too much there. Command center kind of f***ed the Bombers again.

Last edited:

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
dam good start....definitely gonna need allt hepoints against the lions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad