Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
BC vs Winnipeg will be interesting. On one hand, our secondary is terrible so he could have a field day through the air. On the other hand, he was struggling with pressure — and it was just Ottawa — our defensive line is much better and should cause him even more issues.

Reactions: Fairview

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Lapo getting lit up on Ottawa for turning Masoli into a dink and dunker
It's tough to lose 3 games but Ottawa looks like a real team again and might do better when they're not playing the top two teams in the league. They could loosen up on Masoli a bit though. The Elks are the only clearly bad team this season, which is unusual (opinion of the Argos is still pending though).

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bauming is saying on twitter the Glass release is mostly about the emergence of Demerio Houston. They are actually going to start Houston on the boundary side, moving Rose from boundary to field. While there's less of a difference now, generally the boundary is premier spot where you'll use your best man coverage guy.

Glad to see it for Houston, he paid his dues last year for sure. He was one of ~20 DB's, nearly all CFL rookies, on the roster when camp opened. He made the PR. A week or two later, his ~10 year old daughter was shot in her bedroom (a stray bullet from a dive-by i think). Almost left the team, wife/girlfriend? convinced him not to, and they came up to Winnipeg a little while after that. Got into 1-3 games last year. Then was the only one of their 3 or 4 PR DBs last year that was brought back this year, now getting starting looks.

As for Rose he is the highest paid DB in the CFL. To be moved off boundary to field is not good. I do 100% think he hasn't been at all healthy this year to date, hopefully he is after 15 days and looks better. It cannot continue where he was.

Reactions: Fairview and None

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Gotta say if Im Edmonton I'd be fairly happy with Tre Ford's game. Only really big mistake was the underthrown deep ball to Walker, even then Walker made a poor adjustment to it. Lawler catches that one for sure. He used his legs effectively but didnt lean on that aspect. Showed he could fire on the run, keeps his eyes downfield when scrambling. For a raw rookie out of uSports, it was very solid. Needs alot of refinement, but showing some promise.

I will say i was wrong. I was mostly expecting a very sloppy game from Ford, but also thought it was possible he would go off with like 150 yards rushing. Instead he was much cleaner and safer.

On the other hand not sure what Hamilton does. Dane Evans for all the hoopla has now started 19 games in CFL, posted a respectable 11-8 record but cannot get the mental side of football figured out. Looking like CFL version of Daniel Jones. Has all the tools, cant stop the mental mistakes to take the next step. Theres no easy answers this year with only CFL journeyman Matthew Shiltz on bench behind him.

Reactions: Slimy Sculpin

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Can't remember the last time the Bombers played on a Monday night

1656941762537.png

Reactions: kanadalainen

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
We seem to have mixed results playing in Toronto for some reason and with the Bombers O not firing on all cylinders and with Demski out tonight I'm not that confident of a win. Hope the D puts a hurt on MBT and stops Harris in his tracks and the O finally gets the running game going

Reactions: Fairview

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Is it just me or is Collaros indecision on the RPO's killing our running game? He ended Augustine on that last one one taking too long on the decision. I mean Collaros has been solid, its nitpicky, but worth noting, IMO.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Duane Forde doesn't understand how camera angles skew where the line of scrimmage actually is.

Is it just me or is Collaros indecision on the RPO's killing our running game? He ended Augustine on that last one one taking too long on the decision. I mean Collaros has been solid, its nitpicky, but worth noting, IMO.

I think it's always been one of this flaws. I thought he also struggled going to Harris on checkdowns when his receivers weren't open. One small aspect that Nichols was better.

None

Feb 22, 2012
That's unfortunate if that's as bad as it looked for Kyrie Wilson. No weight on his left leg coming off the field.

First season he seemed to be getting the recognition his play deserved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad