Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
That was never the book on Evans. Ive never been impressed with Evans to be honest. Evans has always been completely immobile for one thing. And obviously cant handle pressure, never could. Calm and composed has never described Evans.

Yeah obviously Rourke needs to keep playing well. But its impossible to not be super impressed with him so far.
Back in 2019 Evans was on fire... throwing 300-400 yards and spreading the ball around nicely

I wouldn't say Rourke is a mobile QB - he does understand pocket pressure though...

Reactions: Fairview

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Back in 2019 Evans was on fire... throwing 300-400 yards and spreading the ball around nicely

I wouldn't say Rourke is a mobile QB - he does understand pocket pressure though...

Rourke is a very mobile QB. He was actually known almost as much for his running as passing in college. He did get 78 yards against EDM. He didnt run much against TOR but thats cause he didnt need to. When some better teams start getting to him i think youll see him run quite a bit more.

As for Evans he was putting up numbers early in his career but they always felt empty to me. I just never saw it that much with him. My posts have been consistent in thatvregards back to 2019. But your point is well taken about how early it is in Rourkes career.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
C has become the most notable injury position. WPG, SSK, and MTL have all put their starting C on the 6 game IR in the past 2 weeks. HAM starting C went on back in TC. Valuable spot. Kolankowski has become much more valuable and makes sense they have Dobson practicing snaps just in case.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Rourke is a very mobile QB. He was actually known almost as much for his running as passing in college. He did get 78 yards against EDM. He didnt run much against TOR but thats cause he didnt need to. When some better teams start getting to him i think youll see him run quite a bit more.

As for Evans he was putting up numbers early in his career but they always felt empty to me. I just never saw it that much with him. My posts have been consistent in thatvregards back to 2019. But your point is well taken about how early it is in Rourkes career.
Evans is a good QB, with a bad OC. The Ti Cats need to help him out and mix in a run that isn't Evans running for his life. Their RB has 11 carries all year and Evans has 8. No wonder his TD/INT ratio sucks. Evans is Still #1 in passing yards.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Evans is a good QB, with a bad OC. The Ti Cats need to help him out and mix in a run that isn't Evans running for his life. Their RB has 11 carries all year and Evans has 8. No wonder his TD/INT ratio sucks. Evans is Still #1 in passing yards.

My problem with Evans is entirely with his head. He can't handle pressure and he throws temper tantrums CONSTANTLY on and off the field. He is not a leader. I don't think teams win anything with him at QB. The way he sprints off and sulks on the bench when he takes a sack is something I would expect from a high schooler, not a pro. And that high schooler would have been screamed at. He constantly deflect blame. Just not someone you can lean on in bad times. Which is why it either goes perfectly and he looks great (2nd half of 2019 regular season), or wheels fall off completely and he needs to be replaced due to ineffectiveness and unable to right the ship (everything since). I was and still am shocked Ti-Cats chose Evans over Masoli, mostly I think that was just age related tbh. But there's no way a Masoli led Ti-Cats are 0-3, IMO.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Not good news for Demski. We're still aways from gameday due to the Monday game though. EDIT: Since I posted this news has come out that it's probably multiple weeks for Demski. O'Leary-Orange (known in the room apparently as BOLO) will get the start. Very excited for him, he is not at all the same style as Demski. More a faster sleeker Kian Schaffer-Baker type I think.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

It may be amazing and we might be seeing a Lamar Jackson type showing his stuff on the big field. It may be a disaster with picks, fumbles and ineffectiveness leading to Arbuckle back in. But I'm pretty sure it's not going to be boring. He's a dynamic player no doubt, that speed and arm strength is impressive, we saw that in pre-season. But is he actually ready to start a game? I don't know, but can't wait to find out.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Haha yes I was just going to post rhat I may have been wrong...

I'm a fan for sure.... his feet are skipping a bit this game though so we will see how he holds up

For sure. This Ottawa D is a level up than what he's seen to date. Be interesting to see how he reacts here. Hasn't had much help with drops from Pearson and Rhymes so far. Albeit Pearson had that pop up grab to make up for it.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Looked really composed on that last play where he definitely knew a blitz was coming from his blindside but he stood in the pocket and took the hit to make the throw. That was impressive.

Edit: Not his blindside, point still stands that he knew it was coming.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Learning on the fly for Rourke especially tonight

Agreed. But it certainly seems he has learned though. Stayed in control, didn't spiral and is getting done when he needed to. Protected the ball late. I mean this is a game where the QB clearly didn't have it, but he gutted it out. While obviously not what he did the first 2 games, this was a gritty hard fought win with pressure often in his face. Still gotta be impressed with him overall, IMO.

Reactions: FonRiesen

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Entertaining game. If Ottawa gets that onside kick, there's a chance to tie it. The CFL is so often entertaining to the last second. Rourke definitely with rookie mistakes today, but he sure made some sweet passes. Gotta learn these things the hard way - it's exciting to see an up and coming QB.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Entertaining game. If Ottawa gets that onside kick, there's a chance to tie it. The CFL is so often entertaining to the last second. Rourke definitely with rookie mistakes today, but he sure made some sweet passes. Gotta learn these things the hard way - it's exciting to see an up and coming QB.
This is probably good for him... the graphic comparing him to Ricky Ray and Mike Reilly was a bit much

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
First time watching Nathan Rourke and I am super impressed. Certainly had his fair share of rookie mistakes against a better defence tonight, but as we saw he also has the benefit of the underrated BC defence giving him a ton of opportunities to learn on the fly as the game (and now the season) goes on. Some of those timed passes he made to Keon Hatcher on the curls to the sidelines were absolute money.

Sucks that BC only visits Winnipeg in late October, would've been interested in going to a Bomber game at IG Field for the first time in a while to watch this kid play. But the game at BC on July 9th will be a must watch for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad