Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Shai Ross was released by the Elks today. From Winnipeg he showed alot of potential last year, IMO. The lone bright spot at WR on the 2021 Elks team. Known internationally for his viral videos (dunking oreo upside down mid jump/backflip with a barbell). Would be a great depth signing with upside.
Who is running the show in Edmonton? Bozo the Clown? Wouldn’t be surprised if their next move is bringing Kerry Joseph out of retirement.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Chris "Bozo the Clown" Jones

Same guy who had Duron Carter playing WR and DB.

Our reserve pass rusher last year was Tobi Antigha. He played 3-5 games as a rotational DE last year. Had a couple years in Sask and Tor pre-Covid. He's starting at SAFETY for the Elks now. How and why, I have no idea. Manny Arceneaux, a key contributor for the last Lions Grey cup back in 2011 is out of retirement and starting. Their abusing the new QB rule to start 3rd string QB Kai Locksley at WR. Elks are a freaking disaster.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Our reserve pass rusher last year was Tobi Antigha. He played 3-5 games as a rotational DE last year. Had a couple years in Sask and Tor pre-Covid. He's starting at SAFETY for the Elks now. How and why, I have no idea. Manny Arceneaux, a key contributor for the last Lions Grey cup back in 2011 is out retirement and starting. Their abusing the new QB rule to start 3rd string QB Kai Locksley at WR. Elks are a freaking disaster.

Elks BOG hired Jones to distract from their own incompetence but it should just shine a bigger spotlight on what an embarrassment they are :laugh:

None

Feb 22, 2012
So Winston Rose is out injured then. I wonder if he rushed back?

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So Winston Rose is out injured then. I wonder if he rushed back?

I think so. It has looked like hes lost 2 steps so far this year, would make sense since his injury was foot related. Hopefully he rests up and will be back closer to the player we know he can be.

I really surprised they took out Les Maruo for Konner Burtenshaw. Both are primarily STers. This is twice now Maruo cracked the roster but has been downgraded early in the year. Hes a guy ive been low key excited about seeing develop but has struggled to make an impact it seems. Mildly concerning. Or maybe hes injured, not sure yet.

Also of note with Couture on 6 game IL and American PR OL Cam Durley hurt in practice and released, the Bombers have become very thin along the OL. 6 on roster with only veteran journeyman American OL Eric Lofton and Global OL Tomoya Machino who has yet to dress since being drafted in 2020 on PR. One more injury and Bombers will need to be looking at OL options, particularly Canadians. Not an easy add at this point.

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Blatant horsecollar otherwise that's probably a TD right after the challenged hold was upheld :laugh:

I enjoy both Dickensons looking stupefied while losing.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Suckskatchewan barely beat Edmonton and now got absolutely demolished by a so-so Als team. I’m sure the cud-chewing dullard Rider fans over on r/CFL will be busting out the injury card.

Reactions: Fairview

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Suckskatchewan barely beat Edmonton and now got absolutely demolished by a so-so Als team. I’m sure the cud-chewing dullard Rider fans over on r/CFL will be busting out the injury card.
They should be busting out the shitty QB card, Fajardo is so overrated and that's partly on Suitor and how he gushes about him even when he does games that the Riders are not in.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 7.25.41 AM.png

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
4 of 5 of the Hamilton's projected starting OL from the start of TC are out today. Starting C Alex Fontana, RT Kyle Saxelid, RG Coulter Woodmansey, and LG Brandon Revenberg. Willie and Jeffcoat should be salivating at another chance at Dane "Happy Feet" Evans. If the Bombers aren't generating pressure early and often I am going to be concerned.

Overall this is a game that should match up well for the Bombers. A suspect secondary might be the tonic the O needs to get going. Hamilton's leading rusher through two games is their QB with 23 yards. There is absolutely 0 running threat which should allow our DL to pin our ears back and get after it. I have very high hopes tonight.

My one concern is the weather. If the rain starts to affect the passing it becomes the 8th best running team so far this year (WPG) v the 9th best running team so far this year (HAM). Hamilton and Bombers both right now holding opponents under 80 rushing yards a game as well. Might turn into a slog if the weather is as poor as they are calling for.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
4 of 5 of the Hamilton's projected starting OL from the start of TC are out today. Starting C Alex Fontana, RT Kyle Saxelid, RG Coulter Woodmansey, and LG Brandon Revenberg. Willie and Jeffcoat should be salivating at another chance at Dane "Happy Feet" Evans. If the Bombers aren't generating pressure early and often I am going to be concerned.

Overall this is a game that should match up well for the Bombers. A suspect secondary might be the tonic the O needs to get going. Hamilton's leading rusher through two games is their QB with 23 yards. There is absolutely 0 running threat which should allow our DL to pin our ears back and get after it. I have very high hopes tonight.

My one concern is the weather. If the rain starts to affect the passing it becomes the 8th best running team so far this year (WPG) v the 9th best running team so far this year (HAM). Hamilton and Bombers both right now holding opponents under 80 rushing yards a game as well. Might turn into a slog if the weather is as poor as they are calling for.
I think calling him "Happy Feet" implies he's a good scrambler, but really he's about immobile as they come :nod:

None

Feb 22, 2012
The rain isn't going to stop for a long while, just need to have the lightning go away for 2.5 hours.

Reactions: snowkiddin

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't know...this mess that's rolling over seems to be reforming storm cells all over. Might be a significant delay...

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad