GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
oh no, athletic article about tristan jarry and how he sees the criticism and wants to change your mind...but its written by rossi
I'm still ok with Jarry, for me the one and only guy KD needs to try to move is Graves. He needs to fix his mistake. Didn't he play with Severson in Jersey? Maybe the Jackets might be interested to reunite them and they have the cap to do so!!!

Sike Mullivan

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
I'm still ok with Jarry, for me the one and only guy KD needs to try to move is Graves. He needs to fix his mistake. Didn't he play with Severson in Jersey? Maybe the Jackets might be interested to reunite them and they have the cap to do so!!!
Columbus just claimed ZAR on waivers, so it would end up being him and Provorov for Graves+Puus

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
oh no, athletic article about tristan jarry and how he sees the criticism and wants to change your mind...but its written by rossi
My favorite article of the day so far is this “5 bold predictions” from CBS sports lol…all somewhat reasonable or possible predictions with the last one being this lol…

Sidney Crosby gets traded​

Sidney Crosby has been an icon for the Pittsburgh Penguins over the years and has given the franchise three Stanley Cups. He's accomplished so much, but it's not insane to entertain the possibility of the team moving him prior to the 2025 trade deadline.

It's hard to wrap your mind around the Penguins trading Crosby, but it's not outside of the realm of possibilities. The Penguins did add veteran forward Kevin Hayes to bring some grit to their checking line, while also landing former first-round pick Rutger McGroarty. Still, it won't be shocking if the Penguins aren't in playoff contention when the trade deadline rolls around. That's when Kyle Dubas and company could have to make a very difficult decision. While Crosby did just sign a contract extension, his cap hit isn't astronomical at $8.7 million, so it's a moveable contract to the right team. It's also worth noting that Crosby is 37 years old and may want to chase one final ring. If he truly does and it isn't happening with Pittsburgh, perhaps they decide it's time to part ways after two decades.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Jarry's issue is very tough for a goalie to solve. What makes Jarry so insufferable wasn't necessarily his sv% or GAA as a whole, it was letting in that single goal at inopportune times that deflates the team and loses the game.

If it's 1-1 late in the 3rd and you're running a 0.975 sv%, no one is going to care about that if you let in the weak, soft goal that loses the game 2-1. On the flip side, if it's a 5-5 game in the third and you're running a 0.875% but you make that key save, no is going to care about 0.875% as long as there's a W.

This is what I believe fans are more concerned about - at least I am. With Jarry, it's becoming less about the forest and more about each tree especially as the context of the tree changes as the game progresses. It's not enough to just have good stats. Jarry has to help the team win. To date, he hasn't - at least not to a level that helps playoff chances.

The team in front of him has to do their part, no doubt, but teams that make it to the playoffs have goalies that keep them afloat when the team in front of them isn't quite good enough on any given night.

Talk is cheap Jars. Get us the Ws. End of story. There is no in-between. There is no more "well he played well, bummer we lost".

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Jarry's issue is very tough for a goalie to solve. What makes Jarry so insufferable wasn't necessarily his sv% or GAA as a whole, it was letting in that single goal at inopportune times that deflate the team and lose the game.

If it's 1-1 late in the 3rd and you're running a 0.975 sv%, no one is going to care about that if you let in the weak, soft goal that loses the game 2-1. On the flip side, if it's a 5-5 game in the third and you're running a 0.875% but you make that key save, no is going to care about 0.875% as long as there's a W.

This is what I believe fans are more concerned about - at least I am. With Jarry, it's becoming less about the forest and more about each tree especially as the context of the tree changes as the game progresses. It's not enough to just have good stats. Jarry has to help the team win. To date, he hasn't - at least not to a level that helps playoff chances.

The team in front of him has to do their part, no doubt, but teams that make it to the playoffs have goalies that keep them afloat when the team in front of them isn't quite good enough on any given night.

Talk is cheap Jars. Get us the Ws. End of story. There is no in-between. There is no more "well he played well, bummer we lost".
Jarry's ok for what he is. imo those that have a hate for him need to look at where the goals are scored from. and if he's being screened.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Jarry's ok for what he is. imo those that have a hate for him need to look at where the goals are scored from. and if he's being screened.
Being screened is one thing but he a horrific HDSC sv% last year. I'll try to find the stat, but it's an alarming number for a "#1G".

Now that said, it is Jarry's job to keep the puck out of the net, period. Blaming the defense only goes so far and I think, at this point, Jarry is well past it until he proves otherwise.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I might be able to take Jarry's unclutch nature, his constant injuries at the worst times, his playoff wet farts, his asinine contract or his seemingly poor attitude but it's a little tough to accept all of them all at once.

Reactions: SEALBound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad