Confirmed with Link: Blashill Gone!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Ned didn't just have bad games.
He had a bad season - and a horrendous second half.

Counting on Edvinsson to be Seider? Come on, man. First of all, Seider played in Detroit in his D+3 season - not D+2
Seider D+2 in SHL: 41 games 7-21-28
Edvinsson D+2 in SHL: 44 games 2-17-19

Edvinsson was drafted in 2021, no?

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I only pray that the new coach is ready to be blamed for missing the playoffs next year

4 of the best 6 teams in the NHL are in our division. Anyone expecting playoffs should only blame themselves, and are the reason why teams rush rebuilds and ultimately end up doing things wrong. Striving for mediocrity is never the answer.

Reactions: odin1981

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Ned didn't just have bad games.
He had a bad season - and a horrendous second half.

Counting on Edvinsson to be Seider? Come on, man. First of all, Seider played in Detroit in his D+3 season - not D+2
Seider D+2 in SHL: 41 games 7-21-28
Edvinsson D+2 in SHL: 44 games 2-17-19
It’s Edvinsson D+1 season bud

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Edvinsson was drafted in 2021, no?
Yea, sorry, D+1
Point is, Ed is going into D+2. And he's not as polished as Seider was this time, last year.
4 of the best 6 teams in the NHL are in our division. Anyone expecting playoffs should only blame themselves, and are the reason why teams rush rebuilds and ultimately end up doing things wrong.
Agree and disagree.
Don't expect the playoffs.
But it's no longer acceptable to fill rosters with Staals and Filppulas and Gagners and Namestnikovs.
Time to acquire quality.

Reactions: Perfect Human

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Went down exactly how I expected. They wouldn't fire him outright, but just choose not to renew. The classy man's firing.

Good try, Blash. Good luck in your next thing. Young enough he might find his way back to head coaching one day.

And so begins a new Wings chapter.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Yea, sorry, D+1
Point is, Ed is going into D+2. And he's not as polished as Seider was this time, last year.

Agree and disagree.
Don't expect the playoffs.
But it's no longer acceptable to fill rosters with Staals and Filppulas and Gagners and Namestnikovs.
Time to acquire quality.

Seider was an NHL level defenseman last year who had a full year of pro NA hockey under his belt. He played in Europe because of Covid. He would not have been not top pairing in the NHL, but still likely NHL level D man last year.

I hope Edvinsson will be NHL caliber next year and top pairing the year after, but honestly who tf knows.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Are you telling me it would have been better to resign Jeff blashill just so we could purposely lose?

Cmon dude, that’s how you end up like Edmonton who can’t win even with mcdavid
Yeah that would be terrible. McDavid and Leon. You're right.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Trocheck has Nielsen 2.0 written all over it. No thanks. Klingberg will want a brings truck. He is almost 30.
Ok, I guess let's just never sign any free agents? Wings have to spend 18 million just to hit the floor.

Trocheck has consistently produced at a 50-60 point clip playing on two very good teams that play very different systems. He's also under 30. He's about as far from Nielson as you can get.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Trocheck has Nielsen 2.0 written all over it. No thanks. Klingberg will want a brings truck. He is almost 30.

So we should just not try to improve? Don’t sign anyone older than 24 because they’ll eventually become worse players?

Just continue to tank until we MIGHT get the next Crosby?

Yeah f*** that, dude. That’s a loser mentality.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Good luck to all of the coaches. I hope all of you land on your feet somewhere. Is there a hot board of names for the coaching staff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad