Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Re-Sign Marcus Kruger (2 years / 1.325 AAV)

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah but...:laugh:

I'd love to live in a world where I could just say **** without context. Everything would be so much easier. I could be like you, and focus on straight stats.

Seriously, I can see how you would have made a great coach. I see why people in meaningful positions on NHL teams, "know who you are". It's so clear to me now.

Last edited:

SLarmer28*

I cannot recall a 4th line center being as big of a lightning rod for controversy as Marcus Kruger is. It's pretty weird.
I'm more curious who will be the third line right winger and fourth line right winger next season for the Chicago Blackhawks:

Hayes (Jimmy)
Morin
Smith

One will most likely be sent back to Rockford.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I'd love to live in a world where I could just say **** without context. Everything would be so much easier. I could be like you, and focus on straight stats.

Seriously, I can see how you would have made a great coach. I see why people in meaningful positions on NHL teams, "know who you are". It's so clear to me now.

I'd love to live in a world where context and excuses mean the same thing.

Never really meant "meaningful" unless we consider a couple of young men who will play next year meaningful. Let's just leave it at that.

Slow your roll son, I've got Winwell helmets older than you.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I'd love to live in a world where context and excuses mean the same thing.

Never really meant "meaningful" unless we consider a couple of young men who will play next year meaningful. Let's just leave it at that.

Slow your roll son, I've got Winwell helmets older than you.

Err.. clearly you do live in that world (and it appears to be a lonely one).

I played hockey with Peter Holland growing up. My impact on the game's as great as yours.

Winner winner, chicken dinner?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If it is 1.25M for Kruger, than that's a steal of a contract for the Hawks over the next 2 years. Coupled with Roszival and Handzus signing cheap deals, and this has been a very good off-season for Bo&co.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Err.. clearly you do live in that world (and it appears to be a lonely one).

I played hockey with Peter Holland growing up. My impact on the game's as great as yours.

Winner winner, chicken dinner?

If he would have called you in his draft year to work on a few things you would be absolutely correct.

Nice brush with greatness though.

btw, I had Kruger pegged for 1.2 quite a while ago. Sorry others don't value him the same as you and Bubba.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If he would have called you in his draft year to work on a few things you would be absolutely correct.

Nice brush with greatness though.

btw, I had Kruger pegged for 1.2 quite a while ago. Sorry others don't value him the same as you and Bubba.

Errmahgerrd. Could you help me with a few things? I gotta impress the scouts at my rec league this winter. PLEASE!

And? Last I checked, it's the GMs goal to get everyone signed for as cheap as possible. They were able to do that with Kruger. That doesn't mean they don't value him.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Errmahgerrd. Could you help me with a few things? I gotta impress the scouts at my rec league this winter. PLEASE!

And? Last I checked, it's the GMs goal to get everyone signed for as cheap as possible. They were able to do that with Kruger. That doesn't mean they don't value him.

Another one of those nasty "yeah buts". Good luck in rec league, 99% of all that lace 'em up wind up there. It's still the greatest game, regardless of competitive level.

The scouts are onto the next greatest thing by now.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
1.325M for two years, and he's still an RFA afterwards.

And people seriously thought Kruger was going to get overpaid :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad