Post-Game Talk: Bitten

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We can't possibly roll into the next game with Mika and Kreider together.
Just try
Panarin Zib Laf
Kreider Trochek Othmann
Cuylle Brodz Kakko
Vesey Goodrow Rempe/Edstrom
Or swap swap wingers between line 2 and 3 above....something

Why hasn't this been done before now, i feel like I'm taking crazy pills

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Panarin is back to mostly floaty perimeter stuff too. I get that it's a grueling long season and they are starting to look ahead to the playoffs now but he is back to bad perimeter habits again. Also hogging the puck through the neutral zone is becoming a new bad habit.
Teams that know how to play a lick of defense look for the pull up at the blue line, and it's not just Panarin. Everyone's guilty of it on this team.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Teams that know how to play a lick of defense look for the pull up at the blue line, and it's not just Panarin. Everyone's guilty of it on this team.
Then the players have to adjust and dump it in when the D reads that and the far side winger gets to start on the other side with the puck

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
We're dominating possession in their zone end of the game and this idiot sends out Goodrow. That is the kind of shit David Quinn did it was the worst thing I've ever seen.
Idiot? He’s one of the best coaches in the sport. Maybe you should coach the team. You’re obviously brilliant. Tonight is a game where the people whining about the first line 5 x 5 would be spot on. No goals Mika, Panarin quiet on the other line, can’t beat a team like this with that.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We can't possibly roll into the next game with Mika and Kreider together.
Just try
Panarin Zib Laf
Kreider Trochek Othmann
Cuylle Brodz Kakko
Vesey Goodrow Rempe/Edstrom
Or swap swap wingers between line 2 and 3 above....something

Why hasn't this been done before now, i feel like I'm taking crazy pills
Why should Othmann be given a chance in the top 6 when he hasn't even been noticeable in the last month down in Hartford. If we wanna reward someone in house who can actually create some offense ES Berard should be given a look.
I do agree with breaking up the bromance or at very least putting Kakko back with Cuylle.

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Idiot? He’s one of the best coaches in the sport. Maybe you should coach the team. You’re obviously brilliant. Tonight is a game where the people whining about the first line 5 x 5 would be spot on. No goals Mika, Panarin quiet on the other line, can’t beat a team like this with that.
He's right though, the mika line had it all over them and instead of following it up with the Panarin line he dumped Goodrow out there while we still had the puck in their end with 3 mins left and it fell apart. That was really really dumb

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I don’t understand how in a game of this caliber, a potential ECF matchup, where EVERYONE is getting dragged into the fight, EVERYONE, and then a guy who is supposed to be a leader goes and just lets Tkachuk crosscheck him in the back while down on the ice at the end of the 1st and does NOTHING. I mean my god man if that doesn’t get you pissed off, mean, and nasty, nothing will. You are pathetic at that point. A soft p***y. Thats so unacceptable.

The Florida team would never allow that to stand imo. They don't back down.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Why should Othmann be given a chance in the top 6 when he hasn't even been noticeable in the last month down in Hartford. If we wanna reward someone in house who can actually create some offense ES Berard should be given a look.
I do agree with breaking up the bromance or at very least putting Kakko back with Cuylle.
Fine... add Berard....but putting Vesey, or Goodrow in the top 9 isnt working, and Kakko works best with Cuylle. The point is this rinse and repeat isn't gonna work.

Reactions: bl02

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
It feels like Lavi was proving some sort of point or sending a message by putting Goodrow's line out there with under 2 left. Has to be the reason.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It feels like Lavi was proving some sort of point or sending a message by putting Goodrow's line out there with under 2 left. Has to be the reason.
I said that against the leafs too....he looked like he was purposely pointing out the teams deficiencies, at one point with Trochek in the box last game he left Mika out for 4 mins straight as if to say i got nobody else to put out. And he kept shifting wingers on the Zib line all night.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
He's right though, the mika line had it all over them and instead of following it up with the Panarin line he dumped Goodrow out there while we still had the puck in their end with 3 mins left and it fell apart. That was really really dumb
I think he was sending a message. Goodrow played his ass off, maybe he felt the other two guys didn’t.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Miffed right now. Kreider can completely be a beast and body everyone off if he really wants it, but he chooses to play a lazy finesse game with Zibanejad. And Lavy just wants to keep them together. f*** off.

Why do you think Panarin's line was shut down? Because there's just one line to focus on.

I am here for you @will1066, please accept my avatar.

(I agree btw!)

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Then the players have to adjust and dump it in when the D reads that and the far side winger gets to start on the other side with the puck
Don't have the horses for it. They're not good at the dump and retrieve game. Especially when you have lazy players who don't want to take the body to make a play. Other than the Barkov skill play, Florida grounds and pounds. They throw it in and go to work on our D and force the Fs into mistakes. Our D always backs in as well.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Unfortunately, backing in has been the go to defensive style the Rangers for decades.
I can't imagine how many times I've yelled "STOP BACKING IN!!!!" or "STOP GIVING AWAY THE BLUELINE!!!!" watching Rangers games over the decades.

I'd say I'm sick & over it but the words keep screaming out of my mouth night in & night out.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I could figure out not to send Goodrow when my team has possession for over a minute in the offensive zone. I like Lavi but that was an idiot move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad