Post-Game Talk: Bitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The same handful of players continue to stink up the joint every single night, whether they win or not. Players who play large roles on the team. Can we not blame them? How about the idiot coach who sits with his thumb up his ass refusing to try anything at all to try and fix it?

If Zibanejad scored 2 goals tonight and we still lost 4-2 on a greasy goal, at least that’s progress.
I'm talking about the team and game as a whole as it was basically even. They played hard and the game could have gone either way. This team is good dude. You can bitch about Trouba and Mika all you want for all I care. You do it every game anyway and for the most part they deserve it. Lavy too.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I'm talking about the team and game as a whole as it was basically even. They played hard and the game could have gone either way. This team is good dude. You can bitch about Trouba and Mika all you want for all I care. You do it every game anyway and for the most part they deserve it. Lavy too.
Yes overall as a team this game and the Toronto game were more or less even .

But big picture, I can’t see how this team goes anywhere with Mika, Kreider, Tuba and Lindgren playing this badly. And somehow I don’t see them magically turning it on once the playoffs start.

Maybe Kreider, but that’s all.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yes overall as a team this game and the Toronto game were more or less even .

But big picture, I can’t see how this team goes anywhere with Mika, Kreider, Tuba and Lindgren playing this badly. And somehow I don’t see them magically turning it on once the playoffs start.

Maybe Kreider, but that’s all.
They have been in 1st and near the top of the standings all year with these issues. I also don't agree about Kreider. The guy is nearly a PPG player with 31 goals. He's a good player. The others have sucked. They are going to get better at the deadline also. They can beat anybody in the east except for probably Florida and they won't meet them for 2 months if they reach the ECF. Some of you guys forget that only 1 team wins the cup. I just enjoy the ride. This team is good but likely not good enough. I'm ok with that because there is nothing we can do anyway.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
The backbreaker was taking two back to back penalties, not scoring at evening strength, and shooting wide on open nets... but yes, as I've heard time and time again in this forum, no matter what kind of goal, Igor should've had it.
Open your eyes man.

It wasn’t a good goal. No amount of copium will change that

Reactions: Ned Braden

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Panarin is back to mostly floaty perimeter stuff too. I get that it's a grueling long season and they are starting to look ahead to the playoffs now but he is back to bad perimeter habits again. Also hogging the puck through the neutral zone is becoming a new bad habit.

You've identified the Rangers fatal flaw.

By far the best forward on the team is an issue.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Think if we asked nicely they would swap their 2OA for ours?
Which one?

I think they got Forsling on waivers a few years ago also. They have done a good job and should be considered cup favorites but nothing is a guarantee in this league.
Yeah and I think they also got Montour off the scrap heap. Really great pro scouting. Or really good luck lol who knows

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
That feeling when you lose to a team that you like more than your own team.

Florida has built basically my ideal team. Such a good mid of skill, grit, and speed. Some attitude and personality as well.

Zito (he has a PhD in Law) has aquired Tkachuk, Bennett, Reinhart, Forsling (off waivers from Carolina) etc in about the same time Drury has been GM (Zito is half a year older in the job).

e: KirkAlbuquerque beat me to it.

Last edited:

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_9669.jpeg

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
23-24 Mika Zibanejad has to be the most disappointing athlete I've ever witnessed. I wish one of the reporters would just ask him "what's wrong?". I want to see what he'd come up with.

Florida is a fantastic team. I'd swap our entire roster with theirs without thinking twice. Hope we meet in the ECF so that I can have someone to root for in the SCF either way.

All that being said, I think the Panthers are absolutely the best team in the league, and yet we've been close to beating them twice.

Acquire Henrique, Vatrano, and whoever else you can, trade whoever the f*** needs to be traded to get them, and try your f***ing luck. F*** Kakko, f*** the draft, f*** whatever young dudes we have who may or may not pan out long-term.

My grandfather was born in 42 and died in 93. He didn't witness us winning a Cup his entire f***ing life. I was born in 95. I don't want to follow the same path. This is one of the weakest all-around years in the history of this league. Go all f***ing in. I don't care. If you can get past Florida, you're winning the Cup.
Gen Z is tougher to deal with then the Panthers.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
And Mikkola was in the game too lol

Montour came in the blockbuster Flames trade, I believe.
Montour came from Buffalo. He was arbitration eligible and the Sabres didn't want to pay him. Instead of not qualifying him and losing him for nothing, Buffalo traded him to the Panthers for a 3rd round pick. Florida signed Montour. 3 years. $3.5M. $10.5M. Great contract.

Reactions: will1066

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
One play that annoyed me was Mika had the chance to hit the puck carrier in the Florida zone or at the very least forecheck but he skated right past him to go to the bench. Then they go up the ice and Reinhart scores.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Considering that Kreider sounded like he lost a game 7 in the SCF and Lavi lost his voice. I think the players got that winter classic treatment after the game.

Reactions: Uglybstrd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad