Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason: SI Cover Swag?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Even if there wasn't a cap it wouldn't matter when it comes to Lee Smith. He's an undisciplined tight end who is an above average blocker and terrible at everything else. He gets a lot of penalties too. Brandon Spikes was only able to get a one year deal for almost the same amount of money. Spikes is an elite run stopper and a linebacker is so much more important then a blocking tight end who couldn't catch a cold let alone a football. Anyway I'm done talking about Lee Smith. Just can't believe anyone could actually defend or try to justify him getting 3 mil a season.

1) Undisciplined? How do you figure?

2) Average blocker? I thought he's one of the best in the game?

3) Terrible at everything else I'll give you, though I think that's debatable what you define "everything else" as

As for the spikes comparison, that's a good one. They're both one-dimensional players that are very good at the one thing they do. Ironically enough, they're exact foils of each other in that one thing they do well.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
WGR: "HUGE NEWS COMING IN ON THE BILLS! They've signed... Easley and Wynn. ****ers :laugh:

"Huge news" is funny but those are still really important signings in my book. I would have been really bummed if we lost Easley. Guy's one of the best at his position.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
"Huge news" is funny but those are still really important signings in my book. I would have been really bummed if we lost Easley. Guy's one of the best at his position.

I'm waiting for someone to pick apart his receiving stats.

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
Supposedly, we're going to shoot him an offer sheet today.

Also supposedly, Miami is doing everything they can to open enough cap space to match.

I'm really hoping the Dolphins can't match

Shady, Clay, Watkins, Woods, and possibly Harvin would create a deadly offense no matter who is at QB

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
What is the cap hit each year?

Link

2015: 6.1
2016: 28.6
2017: 15.1
2018: 22.1
2019: 24.1
2020: 18.4

Honestly I think the way that cap hits are calculated in the NFL is a joke. They should just do it the way that the NHL does, with the cap hit being the same every year.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Link

2015: 6.1
2016: 28.6
2017: 15.1
2018: 22.1
2019: 24.1
2020: 18.4

Honestly I think the way that cap hits are calculated in the NFL is a joke. They should just do it the way that the NHL does, with the cap hit being the same every year.

I completely agree, but big money owners that want to manipulate the cap have too much sway in the NFL.

So I'm guessing they'll make the Clay offer sheet huge money in 2016, a roster bonus probably

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I would call this huge news. Good news. Though Taylor is a waste of news. Easley is okay for now but the league is slowly trying to get rid of kickoffs and it seems fewer punts these days are returned. I'm not sure in the not to distant future how much teams will invest on the offensive part of special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad