Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason: SI Cover Swag?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Wait, the Oakland Raiders just signed Lee Smith to a 3 year $9 MILLION dollar deal?!?? :lol::lol::lol:

The same Lee Smith with 20 career catches, 144 career receiving yards and 3 career TDS? LOL. Those career numbers is what a competent tight end could put up in 1-2 games. I don't care if he's a "good" blocking TE. He can't catch for **** and is numerous drive killing penalties totally negate his blocking skills. If a garbage TE like Smith can get 3 million a season then I have no problem giving Clay a deal that averages $6-7 mil per.

Front load Clays deal and sign him to a 5/33.5 mil deal with $15 mil guaranteed.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Why even address Smith's passing numbers when obviously he is considered a blocking TE? And clearly the Raiders feel he's a good blocker (which he is). His contract is comparable to Felton's which makes sense.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Can someone explain how Kyle Williams' extension works/how it lowers his cap number?

If it's a one-year, $10 million extension, wouldn't that increase his cap number?

Thanks.

Wait, the Oakland Raiders just signed Lee Smith to a 3 year $9 MILLION dollar deal?!?? :lol::lol::lol:

The same Lee Smith with 20 career catches, 144 career receiving yards and 3 career TDS? LOL. Those career numbers is what a competent tight end could put up in 1-2 games. I don't care if he's a "good" blocking TE. He can't catch for **** and is numerous drive killing penalties totally negate his blocking skills. If a garbage TE like Smith can get 3 million a season then I have no problem giving Clay a deal that averages $6-7 mil per.

You get way too worked up over things that really don't matter.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Can someone explain how Kyle Williams' extension works/how it lowers his cap number?

If it's a one-year, $10 million extension, wouldn't that increase his cap number?

Thanks.

Short version : Base salary is converted to signing bonus, which spreads out the cap hit.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
Pretty sure he had 4 holding penalties all year. He's one of the best blocking tight ends in the league...

he's had 6 holding penalties in his career, 1 of which was declined. he's also had 6 false start penalties. 6 holding penalties in 4 years doesnt seem like a lot to me, but admittedly i'm not too familiar with penalty statistics.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

Thanks.

You get way too worked up over things that really don't matter.

Worked up ? Just laughing that of all players from the Bills it's Lee Smith who is getting 3 million a season. He's terrible at everything except blocking.

And Takeo yes he is a blocking tight end first and foremost but brought up his receiving numbers because he is so one dimensional. You would want a tight end on your team who is making a lot of money to have more then ~150 career receiving yards.

Smith was a good blocker in 2013 but graded out just slightly above average in 2014. He got tons of penalties the last couple years including one on the sidelines when he wasn't even on the field! So happy he is off the team he was by far the most hated player on the team in my view.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Worked up ? Just laughing that of all players from the Bills it's Lee Smith who is getting 3 million a season. He's terrible at everything except blocking.

And Takeo yes he is a blocking tight end first and foremost but brought up his receiving numbers because he is so one dimensional. You would want a tight end on your team who is making a lot of money to have more then ~150 career receiving yards.

Smith was a good blocker in 2013 but graded out just slightly above average in 2014. He got tons of penalties the last couple years including one on the sidelines when he wasn't even on the field! So happy he is off the team he was by far the most hated player on the team in my view.

You have to remember this isn't the NHL, where 3 million dollars is a lot (4% of the cap). 3 million in the nfl is only 2% of the NFL cap.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
You have to remember this isn't the NHL, where 3 million dollars is a lot (4% of the cap). 3 million in the nfl is only 2% of the NFL cap.

Even if there wasn't a cap it wouldn't matter when it comes to Lee Smith. He's an u disciplined tight end who is an above average blocker and terrible at everything else. He gets a lot of penalties too. Brandon Spikes was only able to get a one year deal for almost the same amount of money. Spikes is an elite run stopper and a linebacker is so much more important then a blocking tight end who couldn't catch a cold let alone a football. Anyway I'm done talking about Lee Smith. Just can't believe anyone could actually defend or try to justify him getting 3 mil a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad