Bill the Thrill: Nylander appreciation thread

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I remember watching him in those U20 World Junior tournaments thinking how dominant he was. On most other teams he’s be THE guy, maybe even a franchise centre. Now he’s becoming an all around solid player, but his skills and goals keep getting even better. That deke the other night was like butter. Looked unconscious doing it.

Last edited:

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
my-favorite-gary-oldman.gif

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He is finally doing well consistently, he needs to keep it up and continue to engage all the time.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
He is the likeliest loss to the cap game unfortunately. He has been great this year and last though

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He is the likeliest loss to the cap game unfortunately. He has been great this year and last though
I don't know about that. By the time Willy needs to re-sign, JT will only have one year left (and Marner too actually), and the cap is supposed to go up quite a bit. Most of the Leafs outside of Rielly and Jarnkrok will have their contracts expire in the next two years...very possible that we can keep all of Willy, Matthews and Marner. If JT wants to stick around he will hopefully accept a bargain deal by that point.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
theres no way you let an elite forward go because of cap casualty.
Depends on what he'll cost to sign, I mean I really hope we can keep him but can't really give him a blank check either. I hope his demands are within reason.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Hope you’re right.
Why do you doubt it? I think he probably sees himself being close to Marner and Matthews

Two of his league wide comparables (Fiala and Forsberg) just signed contract extensions for 7.8mil and 8.5 mil against the current cap.

I doubt Nylander views himself (or his agent for that matter) on par with the best goal scoring centres in the NHL as a winger.

I expect he'll be in for a raise, but I suspect it'll be much closer to 2 mil than 4+ mil (with the caveat that the aav will be influenced by the cap raises).

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Didn’t say it wouldn’t I don’t see him getting over 10 somewhere in the 9 to 10 range I see him falling

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
No, that would be Rielly. Which is fine. Even the Caps had to transition from Mike Green to John Carlson.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Depends on what he'll cost to sign, I mean I really hope we can keep him but can't really give him a blank check either. I hope his demands are within reason.
i imagine they will be - but that still wouldn't be losing him to cap the reason to not being able to keep him right. It would simply mean he isn't worth that.

End of the day dubas and pridham - so long as they think the contract is worth the player will not let an elite player go imo. You cannot afford to do that in today's NHL. Very rarely does the UFA route work so when you actually hit with your draft picks they better be signed or traded i guess.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad