Confirmed with Link: Bill Armstrong is the new GM of the Coyotes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Oiler fans are working themselves up into a tizzy. They think BA will trade OEL for nothing just to be rid of the salary.

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Oiler fans are working themselves up into a tizzy. They think BA will trade OEL for nothing just to be rid of the salary.
Same with Toronto fans on Kuemper. They think they should just grab him because the Coyotes organization is so poorly run and there is no money because of the unpaid lease with Gila River and player bonuses. That was mentioned twice by the Steve Dangle Podcast crew in the last couple of weeks and their fans are saying the same thing in the comments.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
They're dumb. Morgan's article clearly indicates (as have many statements from Dreger, LeBrun, and Friedman) that there is a lot of interest league-wide for OEL and his contract isn't likely to be an issue but may require some "creativity" (meaning a dump or two). These guys are citing sources from around the league, not sources in AZ. The market see OEL as worth it. The market just wants to send a dump back.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
He was fired on Valentines day.
Edit- I guess that was the final year of his contract technically so he almost finished it.

It was the first thing Boudreau never finished.

Last edited:

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Main board trade threads about OEL are so frustrating. Bunch of Bruins fans who claim to know everything about how crappy OEL is while admitting they’ve watched him play maybe 5 times in the last 3 years. And Oilers and Canucks fans thinking they’re entitled to get OEL (who sucks and isn’t better than their players by the way don’t forget) for nothing because the coyotes are an awful and poor organization who should just give the “real” teams everything for free.

I seriously hope we can hose one of these teams and be on the laughing side for once.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Every statement to date and indication is that Chayka gave Tocchet what he asked for. Do you think it's Chayka force feeding Stepan and Kessel icetime? Was it Chayka who refused to make mid game adjustments or proactively use timeouts? Was Chayka the one that left Kuemper in a game that had gotten out of hand?

Tocchet wasn't even upset after they got annihilated by Coloardo. The softness comes from him.

Exactly. This team is RT's blueprint. You need look no farther than Kessel. The really bad contracts are on JC.

So should BA watch all of the games from last season and the playoffs? I honestly kinda think he should.

And all of his post game interviews...they speak volumes.

Reactions: CLW

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Main board trade threads about OEL are so frustrating. Bunch of Bruins fans who claim to know everything about how crappy OEL is while admitting they’ve watched him play maybe 5 times in the last 3 years. And Oilers and Canucks fans thinking they’re entitled to get OEL (who sucks and isn’t better than their players by the way don’t forget) for nothing because the coyotes are an awful and poor organization who should just give the “real” teams everything for free.

I seriously hope we can hose one of these teams and be on the laughing side for once.
It's funny watching fans trash him as not a top pairing guy and a shell of his former self who might be worth $5M AAV, but then they immediately pencil him into the top pairing.
Also, if there are GM's that believe that, they won't be making offers, and there's no motivation to accept such an offer if they did.
The teams making offers know or believe he's a top pairing dman. So I feel pretty good that the team isn't going to settle for a mediocre prospect and horrific cap dump, even if they prefer to deal him.

If you can find some other U30 6'2" dman who can reliably eat 20+ minutes a night (who is somewhat enigmatic offensively the last few years, but still averaged about .5ppg on perhaps the league's worst offense) for less than 8.25 x7, go get him instead.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It's funny watching fans trash him as not a top pairing guy and a shell of his former self who might be worth $5M AAV, but then they immediately pencil him into the top pairing.
Also, if there are GM's that believe that, they won't be making offers, and there's no motivation to accept such an offer if they did.
The teams making offers know or believe he's a top pairing dman. So I feel pretty good that the team isn't going to settle for a mediocre prospect and horrific cap dump, even if they prefer to deal him.

If you can find some other U30 6'2" dman who can reliably eat 20+ minutes a night (who is somewhat enigmatic offensively the last few years, but still averaged about .5ppg on perhaps the league's worst offense) for less than 8.25 x7, go get him instead.
It’s worse than it has ever been out there.

Reactions: CLW

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Guy's seventeenth in scoring from the blue line the past five years while playing in AZ. If you count ONLY the last three years where he's "really fallen off a cliff" he falls all the way to twenty-first...

I am one of the first, if not the first, to want to trade him and make someone else captain in a change of scenery deal, but some of the hot takes out there have a life of their own.
I'd sure as hell prefer to pay a moping OEL on cruise control $25M the next three years than pay Neal's corpse $17M+ the next three years. You can easily "save" the $2.8M average over the next three years by other means. It doesn't save any real money, and the team gets substantially worse.
If I'm worried about year four savings, I can deal him anytime in between now and then to do it without tying up money and cap in Neal who is worthless.
It's just math. It's crazy towns. I can't believe a NHL front office would even consider it.

Last edited:

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Some oiler fans hated when I suggested
RNH & Bouchard
OEL & Kuemper
as a deal to happen after free agency starts so they can talk about a contract extension.
I still believe we have a chance on re-signing Hall if we can get him new linemates.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

And yet, how many on this board said OEL is NOT a top pairing Dman, said trade him, can't skate, is a diver, etc. etc. etc. and now when we are getting offers you guys sing a different tune, saying he is a 1D, who eats minutes etc. etc. etc. What is it guys? I'm one of the few on this board that has stood up for OEL. OEL takes punishment every night, gives out punishment every night etc. etc. etc. He is probably the best or second best player on this team and we have wasted him to the point I believe he is exhausted mentally and physically. Other GM's know what kind of player he is. RT and Chayka beat him into the ground. We should trade him because he deserves so much better.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I still believe we have a chance on re-signing Hall if we can get him new linemates.
Linemates aren't the problem. He loved playing with Garland. The problem is this team is rebuilding without draft picks and he wants to win.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Exxxxqueze me bruh?!?!? You tryna hate on fan fick, bruh?!?!? Now we got problems!!!
I just think the website dropped the ball when they let anything go on the trade rumours page. Big difference between discussing a trade rumour and who might be involved/targeted and someone making up a bunch of crap and a second round pick and tossing it at the wall.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
And yet, how many on this board said OEL is NOT a top pairing Dman, said trade him, can't skate, is a diver, etc. etc. etc. and now when we are getting offers you guys sing a different tune, saying he is a 1D, who eats minutes etc. etc. etc. What is it guys?
When you are a number one D and getting paid a top 5 AAV for defensemen in the league (probably #6 after Pie signs), and you suddenly start doing the thousand yard stare like you'd rather be anywhere else than here while wearing the C on your chest, you're going to catch some criticism. Suck it up, buttercup. He has also turned into an Olympic qualifying diver.
I don't remember saying he's not a #1 D or can't eat minutes. I do absolutely remember saying he looks like he'd rather be selling underwear than playing hockey lately, and that I'd trade him to shake up the team that has no pulse. And all that is still true.

I'd still rather watch the moping Ollie show than watch a healthy Neal drag himself up the ice like an injured Kessel to save $2.8M a year for three years just to add a middling prospect.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I just think the website dropped the ball when they let anything go on the trade rumours page. Big difference between discussing a trade rumour and who might be involved/targeted and someone making up a bunch of crap and a second round pick and tossing it at the wall.
Two separate places would be great.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Reactions: 0point1

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is a big uptick for the Coyotes. We got an experienced (adult) manager that has learned and been taught, being from a solid organization, versus the inexperienced kid we had before. Chayka did the best he could but he had no teacher, and no experience, he learned some lessons on the coyotes nickel.
And it's not only BA, it's also who he is bringing in to help him. Finally, we are going to have a well respected front office. This may back fire on us, but I have that gut feeling we are going to be very happy. There is just one itsy bitsy road block that has to be cleared before we can move forward.

Reactions: RemoAZ

cobra427

May 6, 2012
And it's not only BA, it's also who he is bringing in to help him. Finally, we are going to have a well respected front office. This may back fire on us, but I have that gut feeling we are going to be very happy. There is just one itsy bitsy road block that has to be cleared before we can move forward.
That is what good managers and good leaders do, they bring in good people. We now for the first time, have an experienced business person as the owner, and an experienced manager as the GM. This combination of management skills and leadership at the top of the Coyotes, will lead to better hires, a better overall organization, and more consistent success. Unfortunately for us, the cupboards are pretty bare and we have no draft picks, so the payoff on the ice might be 3-5 years out. Hope we have a new arena by then too.

In the mean time, any success on the ice will require a new coach, Vezina goal tending, and lightening in a bottle, thats all we need short term:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad