Confirmed with Link: Bill Armstrong is the new GM of the Coyotes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Was my feedback 20 years ago....
Two separate places would be great.

Well I wasn't making such calls THAT long ago but maybe 3 years ago or so we considered it.

I ended up on the against it side though.

It would be a dead board for months out of the year. Serious rumors of deals don't happen with enough frequency to sustain it. Only in the silly seasons like the TDL draft and free agency would it really be active.

The way it is now both crowds see both threads which increases posting. I suspect most of the serious interest only crowd isn't completely turned away cause while the trade board can be silly AF where else ya gonna go? Facebook? Reddit? All are sillier.

So what you'd have is two boards less active than before cumulatively instead of 1 really active but imperfect one.

At least that's my read. I'd say for every 1 serious thread the board is kept active by at LEAST 50 specluative ones.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well I wasn't making such calls THAT long ago but maybe 3 years ago or so we considered it.

It would be a dead board for months out of the year. Serious rumors of deals don't happen with enough frequency to sustain it. Only in the silly seasons like the TDL draft and free agency would it really be active.

The way it is now both crowds see both threads which increases posting. I suspect most of the serious interest only crowd isn't completely turned away cause while the trade board can be silly AF where else ya gonna go? Facebook? Reddit? All are sillier.

So what you'd have is two boards less active than before cumulatively instead of 1 really active but imperfect one.

At least that's my read. I'd say for every 1 serious thread the board is kept active by at LEAST 50 specluative ones.

I would just aggressively sticky the serious rumor threads/megathreads.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Maybe locked, sticky"news only"-threads for reports and rumours coming out reputable sources about a player or situation or even a team. On a hot topic like OEL- OEL-News Only where a mod posts reputable links

And then a concurrent thread down in the jungle where everyone can play fantasy GM about the OEL situation and bitch and moan much as it is now.

Then if someone wants to know "what's going on with the OEL thing anyway", they can just read the credible reports and news in the sticky and not try to sort through 60 pages of fan bullshit and back and forth trying to find something more concrete. Or if they want to bloviate, they can jump right into the "normal" OEL thread

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Calm down, Craig. Concentrate on trying to break something/anything about an actual story instead.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't understand this comment? Craig mentioned this was happening over the weekend. Then it happened, so he referenced his article in an effort to up his subscribership. Seems normal and expected.
He did. I gave him credit for it earlier. Tweet just seemed needlessly self-congratulatory. :dunno:

Reactions: Kaizen

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I take back my comment on Morgan...on this one. Let's hope though he breaks real news before the non-coyote insiders. So far his track record doesn't seem real good. For a while, I thought Elliot Friedman was coyotes insider lol.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I take back my comment on Morgan...on this one. Let's hope though he breaks real news before the non-coyote insiders. So far his track record doesn't seem real good. For a while, I thought Elliot Friedman was coyotes insider lol.

As I noted earlier... Friedman did beat Morgan on the Capo/Bush signing by 60 seconds.

Craig’s gotta up his damn game man. :laugh:

Reactions: knich

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m not giving Craig $5/mo because he’s 1st on Twitter. I give him $5/mo because he’s the sole generator of worthwhile Coyotes content.
Why pay him $5 when the free media gives us the same information, usually before Craig?

Reactions: RemoAZ and knich

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I f*** with Craig. He’s non-biased and has passion. I don’t care who’s first, I just wanna read about my team. He breaks administrative shit before anyone else, Friedman and friends will ALWAYS have the first scoop when it comes to the players.

Craig is very biased if you keep track of things. We should chip in for some flowers if Tocchet gets fired, as an example.

Reactions: _Del_

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Craig is very biased if you keep track of things. We should chip in for some flowers if Tocchet gets fired, as an example.

I agree and disagree. He is clearly not a fan of the Coyotes. He is a fan of certain players and certain staff members. He loves Perlini and loved Tippett. I don’t get the sense he is as infatuated with Tocc, but he has a tendency of being a constant narcissist of the team he’s covering because it’s typically the path of least resistance. If your praise certain moves, you’re subject to backlash. If you’re negative about everything, you can chalk up the things you’re wrong about to being pleasantly surprised. Makes for easier journalism.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Why pay him $5 when the free media gives us the same information, usually before Craig?
You get far more detail and insight from Craig than any other news outlet when it comes to Coyotes content. If you're a Coyotes fan you should subscribe imo, unless you're very poor or very cheap.

If Craig can make money on Coyotes Insider we've created a market for Coyotes content and maybe more and better insiders will emerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad