Biggest pet peeves in hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Easy. Playoff officiating and the sudden lack of rule enforcement when the playoffs start.

Calling the original foul as well as the dive. Call only the dive and make it an automatic ejection and the game won't resemble soccer.
So so so this. Dives need to start being called as a stand alone penalty.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Less to do with the NHL but more to do with hockey culture now a days. The “hockey bro” culture annoys the hell out of me, but maybe I’m just that old guy yelling at clouds

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
- Trash zone entries on the PP
- whistles/stoppage of play
- offside reviews
- the sens
- Sportsnet camera angles during the intros
- injuries
- diving
- whining to refs while play is live
- broadcasting rights and how difficult league makes it to watch hockey
- when goalies blame their D/whatever else

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'll also toss calling penalties based on the score of the game.

I remember a game last year when the Bruins were up 3-0 and out shooting their opponent like 14-3 and they immediately called the next 3 penalties on the Bruins despite them having possession for like 80% of the time. (I'm just using the Bruins as an example, I'm sure it happens to every team)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Biggest pet peeves camera work / broadcast edition:

- Zooming in on the puck carrier when a team is on the attack. I would actually rather see what's going on than admire the player's nostrils.
- Behind the net camera on the power play.
- Arenas where the main broadcast camera is obnoxiously low.
- Crowd / coach / player on bench shots when the play is active.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
- NHL ticket prices (Hockey is/was a blue collar sport. It’s absolutely f***ing disgusting how the average Joe has been priced out of the fun, arena hockey experience all because all the NHL just want money and stuffy, corporate stiff clientele whom are willing/dumb enough to pay extortionate prices for a night out. Most of which don’t even give 2 shits about the game and are just there to “be seen.”)

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Don't get it. Nostalgia is the only reason people want it because it reminds them of their youth. Objectively ties are terrible. So many times amazing hockey games go to OT and I hate that it goes to a shootout. Would hate it more to not have a winner
Yet the GAME was still a tie.

The gimmick after the game had a winner.

Suggest 3 on 3 and shoot outs for play offs and the response is " ridiculous idea"

Yup. Ridiculous indeed

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yet the GAME was still a tie.

The gimmick after the game had a winner.

Suggest 3 on 3 and shoot outs for play offs and the response is " ridiculous idea"

Yup. Ridiculous indeed

The playoffs are obviously completely different.

Regular season, the average casual fan wants a result after committing 2+ hours to a game. We all know the shootout and such are not great but at the very least, it brings closure to the event.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Biggest pet peeves camera work / broadcast edition:

- Zooming in on the puck carrier when a team is on the attack. I would actually rather see what's going on than admire the player's nostrils.
- Behind the net camera on the power play.
- Arenas where the main broadcast camera is obnoxiously low.
- Crowd / coach / player on bench shots when the play is active.
Or how about during the intros - instead of showcasing the entire arena atmosphere and all the lights and towels and huge crowd, they zoom in one one specific dude eating a hotdog. And then zoom in on another random fan waiving his dinky towel....

This is Sportsnet btw. Ridiculous bro i can't stand those idiots. SHOW ME THE ENTIRE ATMOSPHERE.

CBC used to knock this out of the park back in the day.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Broadcasters who refer to a player being laxadaisical. It's lackadaisical. Daneyko for one.

1724951673367.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad