Post-Game Talk: Big Bald Babies @ Ravishing Rugged Russians 7:30 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
ovy doesnt concern me... as far as i can tell he is on autopilot but who expected backstroms season... i forgot that he is in his prime with a relatively injury free career! and with his style he could deliver like that for a few more years.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Pretty clear to see that Bieksa and Kessler are very unpopular with the Caps. Interesting to see such hate for a couple of WC players.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
One could argue he has already taken a week off....:sarcasm:

At any rate, point taken. This team has been firing on all cylinders for a while now, you can see them getting tired the last few games. This week off could not come at a better time for everyone IMO.

Agreed. Everyone looks tired, heck I'm tired. I look forward to just watching some hockey this week with zero investment.

I will say this though, Ovechkin has carried this franchise (and to a lesser extent the NHL) for 12 years so he will ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt from me. I think we, as fans, owe him that.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I don't know if I'm the minority or not, but it's clear to me that he's got a lot of potential. I'm not nearly as miffed about his call-up as some others seem to be, I can say that.

This isn't to say that Vrana didn't probably deserve it, either, but Sanford doesn't bother me at all.

I have been even steven on him. I love seeing prospects getting regular cups of coffee to grade where they are, and keep them motivated. And keep the players up already, hungry as well.

He certainly wasn't glaringly out of place in his early season audition. It was during a really tough time to expect anyone to score. And of course, that was the expectation many put on him.

I am really glad he scored tonight... I wonder if Vrana's heart will sink a little seeing he got the GWG, and 100 year record goal.

Last edited:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
One could argue he has already taken a week off....:sarcasm:

At any rate, point taken. This team has been firing on all cylinders for a while now, you can see them getting tired the last few games. This week off could not come at a better time for everyone IMO.

Being tired isn't an excuse for when Weber had his head down and Ovechkin didn't destroy him.

Ovi on his game, Weber is on top of Price and there's a massive scrum with Ovi smiling in the middle of it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Tom Wilson lead the team in ES TOI tonight.

I am glad. He needs the reps.

I think Wilson has looked great in 2017, unpredictable to some he is excelling in a skilled based attack. No surprise to me, as few kids develop scoring playing in a system based on grinding.

Rough math, he has almost .5 points per game in 2017. I am surprised so many are willing to give up on our best chance at a potential power forward at the age of just 22.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I am glad. He needs the reps.

I think Wilson has looked great in 2017, unpredictable to some he is excelling in a skilled based attack. No surprise to me, as few kids develop scoring playing in a system based on grinding.

Rough math, he has almost .5 points per game in 2017. I am surprised so many are willing to give up on our best chance at a potential power forward at the age of just 22.

People gave up on him because he doesn't do anything you expect from a power forward.

He's learning from Williams if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad