Online Series: Beverly Hill cop 4(and yes this is the 4th attempt to make it)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Watched it last night.

It was fine. It felt like the others and it had its moments but it also wasn't like some amazing achievement or being transported back in time to the originals.

Don't know if or when I'd watch it again but I'm not mad I spent 2 hours on it or anything.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Fortunately, this sequel doesn't deconstruct the hero or have the new, younger characters show him up. It was refreshing to mostly have Axel as we remember him, just older, and for his age to rarely ever come up or be apparent.

Unfortunately, Ronny Cox isn't in it. It may have to do with the fact that he's 85 and it would've been hard to shoehorn him in for cameo. I, personally, don't see it as a big loss, since I think that the trio of Axel, Taggart and Rosewood is what made the first two movies.

I gotta agree about Cox. I was happy they gave a nod to Gilbert R HIll who played Inspector Todd in the first 3 movies. Hill died in 2016 and was not even an actor, he was an actual homicide Detective and later chief of police in Detroit.

a video from when he passed away

Reactions: Romang67

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Is Bronson Pinchot back as a main character or at least a cameo? Last I heard he was flat broke so I can't imagine he was tough to bring back if they wanted him.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Watched it last night.

It was fine. It felt like the others and it had its moments but it also wasn't like some amazing achievement or being transported back in time to the originals.

Don't know if or when I'd watch it again but I'm not mad I spent 2 hours on it or anything.
Felt the same way.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Is Bronson Pinchot back as a main character or at least a cameo? Last I heard he was flat broke so I can't imagine he was tough to bring back if they wanted him.
Wow that sucks, he was a huge actor in the 80's. Bad financial decisions or did he go down the path of addiction?

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ended up watching it last night and it was better than I thought but still does not match the original.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Fortunately, this sequel doesn't deconstruct the hero or have the new, younger characters show him up. It was refreshing to mostly have Axel as we remember him, just older, and for his age to rarely ever come up or be apparent.

Unfortunately, Ronny Cox isn't in it. It may have to do with the fact that he's 85 and it would've been hard to shoehorn him in for cameo. I, personally, don't see it as a big loss, since I think that the trio of Axel, Taggart and Rosewood is what made the first two movies.

They could've got him for a phone call or FaceTime to give Axel crap at the end lol.

He's still voice acting as of this year for a Star Trek animated series reprising his other most famous character Edward Jelico.

Disagree while it is about Foley/Tagert/Rosewood, the entire second film revolves around Bogomil.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
BTW did see it, was very good. Obviously it's not going to be the original or even the sequel, but they kept the deconstructing and brow beating Axel to a minimum.

It's a legacy sequel so there's always going to be a fair amount of nostalgia and fan service. I'm happy though that it didn't come at the expense of the film and Eddie Murphy still go to be himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad