Value of: Best reclamation projects in the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I think Columbus made a smart move picking up Gagner this summer. He should bounce back, and I'd probably expect 35+ points out of him in a scoring role. Very good buy low move.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
This thread wouldn't be complete without mentioning Evander Kane

Pretty much everyone in the media thinks this guy has the potential to score 30 again.

That's not a question of skill but a question of can he stay healthy enough to play a full season.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Bernier was an inconsistent mess but did show flashes of brilliance as a Leaf. With the right defensive system he might surprise people.

Ryan Murphy seems like he could put it together as well

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
McIlrath <- needs a change of scenery

Pirri, lets hope the Rangers can have a successful reclamation.

Stefan Matteau
James Wizniewski
Kris Versteeg
Eric Gryba

Not in the NHL:
Peter Mueller
Wojtek Wolski

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Around the TDL, Karri Ramo might be a decent backup for a team with an injured goaltender.

But he's more "bounce back/regain form after injury" than true reclamation project I think.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Around the TDL, Karri Ramo might be a decent backup for a team with an injured goaltender.

But he's more "bounce back/regain form after injury" than true reclamation project I think.

I'm a bit surprised no team brought him in as backup. The knee injury is likely why, he doesn't look like an NHL starter to me but showed enough that I consider him capable of being a very good backup. I'm thinking the only reason Calgary didn't bring him back is that they didn't want a guy who still thinks he could be their number 1 (when he had outplayed both Ortio and Hiller last year) when the organization didn't agree.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I'm a bit surprised no team brought him in as backup. The knee injury is likely why, he doesn't look like an NHL starter to me but showed enough that I consider him capable of being a very good backup. I'm thinking the only reason Calgary didn't bring him back is that they didn't want a guy who still thinks he could be their number 1 (when he had outplayed both Ortio and Hiller last year) when the organization didn't agree.

Agreed, but I just want to add...

Ramo's recovery is not slated to be complete until around October or November, after the season starts. This is likely why we didn't slate him as our backup, isn't signed as of now by another team and has not announced going to Europe/KHL. He might definitely have more interest around Christmas or the TDL though and there's probably some casual chatting with a few teams here and there int he background.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Thread screams Yakupov to me.

Alex Burmistrov

Burmi is all effort and puck skills, no (offensive) hockey IQ or shooting ability. He could be a good possession player for a third line who does well with a pure finisher, like he was before he left. Probably the biggest disappointment for me as a Jets fan last year was seeing that not only did he not progress at all in the KHL, he actually got worse.

But I agree he could be a nice cheap reclamation project.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Versteeg could stick with the Oilers....might a nice comeback story with those up-tempo Edmonton kids.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Eric Fehr?

19 goals his last year with the caps as a third line center then thanks to injuries at the end of that season that lasted into the beginning of this past season he dropped to 8 goals and played a lot of 4th line right wing.

I think with the way the penguins are currently built he's not a great fit as the team is built around speed and he's not a great skater. I also feel like he's a better center than winger but has sid/geno/bonino/cullen all ahead of him. There is a team out there that he would be a good fit on and at 2mil he's not overly expensive for what he brings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad