Value of: Best reclamation projects in the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think there's still a pretty good player inside Kane if he would just focus on hockey instead of trying to be Drake.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I think there's still a pretty good player inside Kane if he would just focus on hockey instead of trying to be Drake.

If the Sabres want to pay me $100k a year I'll walk around behind him smacking any alcohol he picks up out of his hands. The guy needs to stop hanging out at bars and picking up one night erst. Perhaps buy a house in the suburbs instead of living in a hotel downtown would help.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Seconded. Not even a Wings fan but these guys seem to be stuck behind good veteran wing depth in Detroit.

But that's got nothing to do with being a reclamation project. Pulkkinen has torn apart the AHL and scored roughly .333 PPG on mostly third line or worse minutes and got injured after 36 games last year.

Jurco could possibly be one, because he's been hurt a lot. If he can get healthy, he could definitely do something, but until he's healthy, he's got precisely no value.

I'm glad no one is saying Vanek

Why? He is the exact example of a reclamation project if there ever was one. He's the poster child for what the OP is talking about. He got bought out by Minnesota because he wasn't worth that deal and Detroit got him on the cheap. He's likely to outplay the value of 2.6M that he's getting paid this year.

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
Filatov claims to have turned his attitude around last year and wouldn't rule out an AHL PTO.

Even if his attitude has changed, he's still putting up pedestrian stats in the KHL (under .5 PPG the last few seasons). In fact, he was even sent down to the VHL, which is like the KHL's version of the AHL, last season after putting up 4 points, all assists, in 26 games. He can change his attitude all he wants, but Filatov isn't coming back to the NHL unless he can prove that he even belongs in the KHL, which he certainly didn't do last season.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
ZACK KASSIAN

The guy's biggest problem has always been his maturity and off-ice decisions. He'll grow out of that. He's just a young 20 something with a bunch of money.

Cheap as one can get. If he plays with some decent players, could be a second liner with some grit.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Grabner could have a nice bounce back with NYR if he can stay healthy. He's still only 28 and all he has to do is cash in on some more of the million breakaways he gets, instead of hitting the goalie in the logo. But he'll be a big part of the team on PK and defensively and hopefully bring back some of what NYR lost in Hagelin. I think he can be a 20 goal scorer again if he can play 75 games and he works on those breakaway skills.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Signed already but Eric Staal hopefully. Cheap if you consider the potential upside if he returns to form.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
McIlrath <- needs a change of scenery

Pirri, lets hope the Rangers can have a successful reclamation.

Stefan Matteau
James Wizniewski
Kris Versteeg
Eric Gryba

Not in the NHL:
Peter Mueller
Wojtek Wolski

PTO tryout with the Boston Bruins. Should be interesting to see if he can make the third line.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
ZACK KASSIAN

The guy's biggest problem has always been his maturity and off-ice decisions. He'll grow out of that. He's just a young 20 something with a bunch of money.

Cheap as one can get. If he plays with some decent players, could be a second liner with some grit.
all he needs is a real flexible stick ...that way he won't have any idea where he's shooting. that way he has a better chance to just get lucky. :)

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Colin Greening. With proper usage he can put up decent points and possession numbers. He won't be a superstar but can fit in very comfortably on a team making a playoff/cup push.

I can see Yak becoming a useful player too once he escapes Edmonton

Greening had one good season, where he was signed to a good contract, because he had Spezza feeding him pucks left right and centre... and that was a few years ago. I'd say his career is pretty much done, and those games with toronto were more of a fluke I think...

Filatov claims to have turned his attitude around last year and wouldn't rule out an AHL PTO.

I would hope he has changed his attitude around big time, all the talent in the world and he'd just float... #FillyDontDoRebounds

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
It's kind of interesting. All the arguments we have on here, all the stats people post, the time spent, and in the end, a lot of names in this thread were untouchable or close to it 2-3 years ago :laugh:

Shows how this board is with fanbases and their prospects.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
What happen with him , im not a dallas fan, and i rarely watch any games that don't include the leafs , so im just wondering

The kid just turned 21 and has 2 tear experience because he missed a year with preemptive surgery. He was tied 5th on Dallas in 5V5 p/60. Considering you are being Benn Seguin and Spezza that's completely reasonable. Management wants to see more but at 21 with 2 years you are far from being a reclamation project

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I'm a bit surprised no team brought him in as backup. The knee injury is likely why, he doesn't look like an NHL starter to me but showed enough that I consider him capable of being a very good backup. I'm thinking the only reason Calgary didn't bring him back is that they didn't want a guy who still thinks he could be their number 1 (when he had outplayed both Ortio and Hiller last year) when the organization didn't agree.

Me too, I woulda taken Ramo as a backup option over Monster.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
But that's got nothing to do with being a reclamation project. Pulkkinen has torn apart the AHL and scored roughly .333 PPG on mostly third line or worse minutes and got injured after 36 games last year.

Jurco could possibly be one, because he's been hurt a lot. If he can get healthy, he could definitely do something, but until he's healthy, he's got precisely no value.
And part of them both being reclamation projects is that they are starting to get bypassed by other prospects too. Specifically Athanasiou seems to be on the upward trend versus those 2 and then the likelihood that they want to get Mantha into the lineup as well (both had strong yrs in the AHL with each getting callups).

And technically the health issues of both are another reason they should be considered reclamation projects. Pulkkinen seems the more likely to rebound and the Wings can likely wait on him due to the surgery so he wont be back before the start of the season. I'm betting they look into trading Jurco by mid November.

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016

Why? He is the exact example of a reclamation project if there ever was one. He's the poster child for what the OP is talking about. He got bought out by Minnesota because he wasn't worth that deal and Detroit got him on the cheap. He's likely to outplay the value of 2.6M that he's getting paid this year.

I was watching on July 1st and was really hoping my Habs would pick him up on the cheap to try to rekindle some chemistry with Patches and maybe DD or Galchenyuk and to shore up 2nd line left/right winger.....

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Joffrey Lupul. Can still be a 20/20 guy. Tough to move that contract though. Pretty much impossible, actually.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I think I gave a different perspective on what a reclamation project it. For me Versteeg or Richards are reclamation project. Nor players under 24 playING top 9 minutes

That's fine, but I think in the case of Yakupov, most would consider him pretty close to bust status based on his draft position and what he's done so far. Which means anyone who's acquiring him, is doing so with the hope that they can turn things around - aka he's a project. Less so with Nuke due to him missing an entire season, but I think the shine there has definitely worn from what it was 2 years ago.

I know I wouldn't give up much for either player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad