Value of: Best offer for Tom Wilson?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MileHighCapsFan

Mar 12, 2007
Gotta consider the offer. WIlson is about as safe a player as you can get from trades, but LA (TOR as well) could net a haul that could quickly rebuild the org (along with the #8 pick). You don't jump at it, but you don't hang up the phone immediately either.

Who's got the best Tom Wilson trade in the bidding war? Must include 1 blue chip under 24 player, plus.

Go.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
No one can beat a Kings offer. They got several solid pieces (both for now and future) that can benefit the Caps depending on how they wanna go

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
He's going to LA.

More likely staying in DC for another 5-8 years though.

As for what Caps fanbase is expecting, Vilardi+Turcotte+1st sounds like something that might get an conversation to go somewhere in a fantasy trade forum. Same sort of package expected from other teams wanting to participate. Less than that and its gonna be all "lol you suck" thread.

For realistic value I have no idea. Propably atleast drop the 1st, but at the same time it comes to would Caps be ok letting Wilson go for less than an big overpayment. I think no. Only reason its being brought up is propably the overpayment Tampa paid for Jeannot to set the bar, and theres no incentive other than unlogically high return.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Tom Wilson has been a very good player, and had a good career, but the track record for Power Forwards heading into their thirties isn't particularly good. Even Wilson himself has missed quite a bit of time the last couple of years.

Teams looking for a Tom Wilson for the next few years, would be better off trying to establish who the next Tom Wilson would be, than overpaying for what will likely become a declining player.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Teams looking for a Tom Wilson for the next few years, would be better off trying to establish who the next Tom Wilson would be, than overpaying for what will likely become a declining player.
There is no next Tom Wilson.

I suspect they keep him. Good luck competing and selling a trade to both the team and fanbase.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
There is no next Tom Wilson.

I suspect they keep him. Good luck competing and selling a trade to both the team and fanbase.
Tom Wilson is a modern-day Scott Stevens playing Right Wing and he can actually fight. He’s the type of player you don’t trade.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Panarin.

Ironic isnt it? And yes, dead serious as a Ranger fan. Though Caps wont have the cap room i would assume.

• Haha
Reactions: max21

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
As a Caps fan I don’t do this. Principally for the reason you cited. Panarin might help the Ovi chase more but the $$ is all wrong.
Yea it was more of a dream for me to shed his salary and get Wilson, i know it’s completely unrealistic :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad