Value of: Best Goalie Available - EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Oilers need a legit starter in net. Who is the closest to that and might be available?

Let's just save ourselves some time and skip the Cary Price talk.

The only stipulation is that Holland stated not too long ago he wouldn't give up a 1st or a top prospect for a rental. If you're suggesting a rental goaltender, keep that in mind.

Aaaaaaaad GO!

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
As a hawks fan I would love a first but I don’t think he gets that

If the Hawks retained 50% and would take a 2nd I'd make that deal. Oilers cap constraints require some kind of retention in Fleury's case unfortunately.

Edit: He does have a M-NTC as mentioned earlier so the point may be moot.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
6+ years into McDavid’s career and the oilers still don’t want to trade away precious picks for proven talent? The situation is getting dangerous to the point where he and Drai are close to asking out. All assets should be on the table to build a winner, picks and prospects

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I hope you get 3 NHL defenseman added with that goalie you pick up. That blue line is an embarrassment except for Nurse. Swapping Larrson for Keith was definitely a checkers level move.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Mrazek from the leafs would be a very solid addition. He has had injury issues this year but has been solid especially in his last few games. Mrazek for smith and a 3rd.

Reactions: Czechboy

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
Anton Forsberg is someone who can be a starter? That's news to me. He was a waiver wire claim a few times now, including to and from Edmonton.
He's actually been pretty good this year. I don't think he's solution to your problems, but it could be a potentially low cost gamble if he stays in form. Very solid backup regardless. I think Gustavsson is no longer waiver exempt next year, so something is going to have to shift in the Ottawa crease, and I don't think it'll be Murray.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Sorry but it's too late to trade for a goalie this season. The Oilers are 5 points out of a playoff spot right now. They're just this side of being sellers at the trade deadline.

They should just keep their picks and try to figure something out in the offseason.

Reactions: General Disarray

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Sorry but it's too late to trade for a goalie this season. The Oilers are 5 points out of a playoff spot right now. They're just this side of being sellers at the trade deadline.

They should just keep their picks and try to figure something out in the offseason.

5 points with 30 games left, many against the teams they're trailing is insurmountable?

As for this topic, I think Woodcroft is going to ride Skinner until the TDL. He was his guy in Bakersfield and the Oil view him as their goalie of the future. Thus I can see the Oil only being interested in established names

Fleury @50%
Varlamov
Holtby
... Maybe Halak

... are the only options I see generating any interest for the Oil. Otherwise they're just making a lateral move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad