Value of: Best defenseman in return for Matthews

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If Leafs wanted to trade Matthews for elite defenseman, then roll with Marner, Tavares, Nylander as their forward core, is there a trade out there that makes sense value wise?

jake c plus is probably the answer.

unless Dallas decided to trade heiskanen and resign klingberg

Reactions: YP44

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I've seen Avalanche posters mention that they're interested in improving their center depth. So to go along with the OP's suggestion.

Matthews for Makar

A one two punch of MacKinnon and Matthews would be insane.

Reactions: abo9 and Skelen

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I've seen Avalanche posters mention that they're interested in improving their center depth. So to go along with the OP's suggestion.

Matthews for Makar

A one two punch of MacKinnon and Matthews would be insane.

Depends on medical report from Leafs side. Not sure I would want to roll with non Makar defense I was Avalanche

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Depends on medical report from Leafs side. Not sure I would want to roll with non Makar defense I was Avalanche

It would definitely be a huge blow to the Avalanche's defense. The same as it would be a huge blow to the Leafs Center depth. But if I'm the Leafs and I want to move Matthews for a D-man. Makar is who I would target. Same with the Avalanche. If I want to improve my Center depth. You can't go wrong by adding Matthews.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I like Chychrun but he's been awful this season. If Matthews wants out maybe Chychrun could entice the Leafs but there would have to be a big Plus coming Toronto's way.
has he really been awful, or is he a product of how bad that team is? and while I DO believe there should be a + coming back to TOR, considering the salary of AM, not sure it'd be as much as most TOR fans are expecting

and CAN AZ afford AM?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Send him to the Coyotes. Target a package return because depth is Toronto's issue, not a lack of big name talent.

Soderstrom, Hayton, Keller and multiple picks.

Four or five assets under the age of 24 with upward trending arrows.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Send him to the Coyotes. Target a package return because depth is Toronto's issue, not a lack of big name talent.

Soderstrom, Hayton, Keller and multiple picks.

Four or five assets under the age of 24 with upward trending arrows.

If Leafs wanted more depth I'd rather just trade Nylander for a few solid players than using Matthews.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Heiskanen / Makar is fair value for Matthews.

Heiskanen and Makar both have several years more on their contracts at a lower AAV compared to Matthews. AM is a top-5 center in the league, but U23 franchise defensemen with tremendous playoff resumés are likely as hot a commodity.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Heiskanen and Makar both have several years more on their contracts at a lower AAV compared to Matthews. AM is a top-5 center in the league, but U23 franchise defensemen with tremendous playoff resumés are likely as hot a commodity.

Franchise C is the most valuable asset in the league.

Matthews is paid like one. And is one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad