Speculation: Bergeron??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I don’t see Bergeron singing with the enemy, especially not on a team that’s in full rebuild mold and would absolutely stain the reputation he’s built in Boston for the past 10+ years.

I don’t want to sound harsh but I don’t see Montreal signing any relevant UFA’s anytime soon.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
At some point, this part of his career will be over. I’ll always see him as the kid w frosted tips who just kept sticking around camp alone cut after the next

Bruins fans have been lucky to watch him this long, through all the ups and downs. I selfishly want him to stay on but he’s earned his right to choose.

However, I would see it as him chasing the cup for pennies if he left the Bruins and I doubt that’s w Montreal. If I were a betting man, I’d say Colorado.

either way, it’ll hurt.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Think he will come home and sign with Montreal this summer? Been a lot of chatter about it on radio in Montreal. Now that his agent is Habs GM.

I think Bergeron be good fit in Montreal. Especially if we get top 2 pick? A veteran for our pick(Wright or Savoie) to learn from. May help Suzuki also.

LMFAO

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Think he will come home and sign with Montreal this summer? Been a lot of chatter about it on radio in Montreal. Now that his agent is Habs GM.

I think Bergeron be good fit in Montreal. Especially if we get top 2 pick? A veteran for our pick(Wright or Savoie) to learn from. May help Suzuki also.
Sure, there's nothing a champion like Bergeron wants to do more than join the most hated rival of the team he's played for his whole NHL life in the twilight of his career. It makes sense to finish your career on a last place team with cap issues in a province that goes into curfew at the drop of a hat and taxes people who won't get the shot. I'm sure his kids who grew up in Boston would love to learn a new language in a new country and leave their friends and school behind just so they can help their dad achieve his dream to one day play with Michael Pazzetta before he retires. Sounds legit.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
At some point, this part of his career will be over. I’ll always see him as the kid w frosted tips who just kept sticking around camp alone cut after the next

Bruins fans have been lucky to watch him this long, through all the ups and downs. I selfishly want him to stay on but he’s earned his right to choose.

However, I would see it as him chasing the cup for pennies if he left the Bruins and I doubt that’s w Montreal. If I were a betting man, I’d say Colorado.

either way, it’ll hurt.
Avs need goaltending more than another center. Unless they lose Kadri.

I think Bergeron be prefect fit in Montreal. In front of home French Canadian fans, #1 center for Suzuki to learn from. Habs be moving a lot of contract this trade deadline. Will have cash to spend.

Gorton maybe able to secure him a front office job once his playing days are over??

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Lol…
Never happen. As stated he hates the Habs. Grew up a Nords fan.
His family has now been rooted here for years.

Only way he plays in another jersey in that Province is if Quebec comes back.
Not looking likely.

Agreed. The only way I could ever see him leaving The Land of Red Sawx And Subarus would be if the Nordiques were to somehow return, which I find highly unlikely.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Nothing wrong with hoping but it seems unlikely. He should retire a Bruin. If he does change teams I would hope anywhere else because he's one of my Favs and it would be nice to cheer him on rather than dread him.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Avs need goaltending more than another center. Unless they lose Kadri.

I think Bergeron be prefect fit in Montreal. In front of home French Canadian fans, #1 center for Suzuki to learn from. Habs be moving a lot of contract this trade deadline. Will have cash to spend.

Gorton maybe able to secure him a front office job once his playing days are over??
So he's going to sign there because he might get a job after he retires? Just saying crazy things but maybe just maybe the Bruins could do the same thing.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
I love the home town angle .
He was born and grew up 3 hours from Montreal.
It’d be like a Boston kid looking at Rangers or Devils his hometown team.

Not really the same. Habs are still an extremely glorious organisation for any Quebecers given the legends, the history and especially given the Nordiques are dead and the CH is the only NHL team in the province, I am sure Bergeron would still be honored playing for this team.

Would he join now considering the quality of the team? Surely no, but being able to where the same Jersey as legends like Richard, Beliveau, Roy, Lafleur is something Bergeron would probably prefer then playing for any other franchise outside of Boston of course.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Lol…
Never happen. As stated he hates the Habs. Grew up a Nords fan.
His family has now been rooted here for years.

Only way he plays in another jersey in that Province is if Quebec comes back.
Not looking likely.

This. I remember this conversation coming up before and the consensus was that the only other jersey that Patrice would ever wear would be if the Nordiques came back to Quebec and wanted the perfect captain to start the franchise back up.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Hard to imagine Bergeron doing that

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Gorton in Montreal also. Nords are long gone. Chance to play in home province for French Canadian fans going to be factor.

The Executive Vice President of a team is never a factor in a free agent signing.

The folding of a franchise doesn't somehow make someone like a team they used to hate.

"Playing for French Canadian fans" is not a factor and why would it be?

This is all just silly.

Reactions: Hookslide

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

He hates Montreal

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I hope that poster understands now how asinine that line of thinking is.

I guess you are just conveniently forgetting that Gorton was the Assistant GM when Bergeron was drafted.

I could fill this whole thread up with examples of times a player chose to sign a free agent deal with a team where the Executive Vice President used to be the Assistant GM when they were drafted.

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I guess you are just conveniently forgetting that Gorton was the Assistant GM when Bergeron was drafted.

I could fill those whole thread up with examples of times a player chose to sign a free agent deal with a team where the Executive Vice President used to be the Assistant GM when they were drafted.

Delusional to the max.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
You think he's going to backstab the only team he's ever played for and won a Cup with to leave for a dumpster fire entering a rebuild? Boston is still good too.

I also distinctly remember reading Bergeron grew up hating the Habs.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Bergeron turns 37-years old in July and would want a lot of money. I don't see how he fits on a rebuilding team with salary cap issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad