Speculation: Bergeron??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah, Bergeron spends 18 seasons with Boston, finally becoming its captain too, just to turn around and go to the Habs, probably the biggest rivals of the team he spent 18 season with, and a team he grew up hating. Seems logical. :facepalm:

Now, if the Quebec Nordiques were coming back next season, I could maybe see a chance of that happening, but the Habs???? LMAO.

But don't you know he wants to hang out with his former agent in MTL?!

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Bergeron playing in a Habs uniform would make me puke. Lifetime bruin, HOFer, won a cup in Boston and rivalry with Montreal since forever. I hate Boston but seeing that kind of betrayal would be shocking.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
IF he wanted to leave Boston and IF Montreal was a contender, it'd still be a long shot.

His old agent being GM only means he's got a great relationship with Montreal's GM. He probably has relationships on many other teams as well

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Bergeron as Habs will never happen this guy is a Bruins forever if he leave its gonna be for a contender like Colorado or Tampa

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
A rainbow colored unicorn riding a unicycle will roll into my living room and shit out 100 dollar bills on command before Bergeron becomes a Montreal Canadien.

There is a greater chance that Patrice Bergeron turns into a purple wish dragon and grants me 3 wishes than a Montreal Canadien.
The anxiety and fear in these posts are palpable.

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Would be a good choice to leave Boston, but not to go to Montreal
Stop trying to convince yourselves it's not happening.

Montreal is going to be a contender when Bergeron, Huberdeau and Letang come home, plus Hughes deals for Lafreniere and Beauvillier.

Montreal will now be a destination of choice for UFA, and this new core will bring the 25th where it belongs, in the city of hockey.

Reactions: themelkman

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
The anxiety and fear in these posts are palpable.

This is, of course, what you want to think. It's more derision for a fan base/media surrounding a once great, now laughing stock, franchise deluding themselves into thinking that something that has no chance of happening just might happen, in order to be of some relevance in a league that regards them with little more than a shrug.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm not a Boston fan........but if Bergeron ever leaves Boston (which in and of itself is quite unlikely, IMO), it'll be for a legit contender. Besides, I'm pretty sure he despised the Habs growing up.......and I'm sure playing in Boston hasn't really decreased the hate any.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Think he will come home and sign with Montreal this summer? Been a lot of chatter about it on radio in Montreal. Now that his agent is Habs GM.

I think Bergeron be good fit in Montreal. Especially if we get top 2 pick? A veteran for our pick(Wright or Savoie) to learn from. May help Suzuki also.
Lol@ getting Bergeron without giving up either the pick or Sucuki.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Think he will come home and sign with Montreal this summer? Been a lot of chatter about it on radio in Montreal. Now that his agent is Habs GM.

I think Bergeron be good fit in Montreal. Especially if we get top 2 pick? A veteran for our pick(Wright or Savoie) to learn from. May help Suzuki also.
As a Hab fan i hope not.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad