Speculation: Bergeron??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
People make way too much out of the whole home town thing. Just because pajama boy did it doesnt mean everyone else will. Especially Bergeron - a god damn legend in Boston going to the worst place Habs? Good lord use your head

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Think he will come home and sign with Montreal this summer? Been a lot of chatter about it on radio in Montreal. Now that his agent is Habs GM.

I think Bergeron be good fit in Montreal. Especially if we get top 2 pick? A veteran for our pick(Wright or Savoie) to learn from. May help Suzuki also.

Amazing source by the way

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Agreed he is not going to MTL, but if he wanted to leave Boston as a UFA to Montreal Boston can’t do shit to stop him.

Right, but with the years of mutual benefit, one would suspect there is a pretty good relationship between the two sides already. There is no wedge there and it would be surprising if they don't already open up communication with his agent to get something done. They have the ability and time to be proactive.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Right, but with the years of mutual benefit, one would suspect there is a pretty good relationship between the two sides already. There is no wedge there and it would be surprising if they don't already open up communication with his agent to get something done. They have the ability and time to be proactive.

O I see what you mean. Good point.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I love how Habs fans think Bergeron will come as a UFA after next year and they will be a contender in 2-3 years. The worst team in the league with a near non existent prospect pool. I mean dear god guys

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
This got as much chance of happening as Price being traded at full cap . But hey in this fantasy world Gretzky comes out of retirement and leads the Oilers to a cup win .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I love how Habs fans think Bergeron will come as a UFA after next year and they will be a contender in 2-3 years. The worst team in the league with a near non existent prospect pool. I mean dear god guys

No worries . They are getting a teams top 3 prospects and 4 1st for Price at full cap .

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Think he will come home and sign with Montreal this summer? Been a lot of chatter about it on radio in Montreal. Now that his agent is Habs GM.

I think Bergeron be good fit in Montreal. Especially if we get top 2 pick? A veteran for our pick(Wright or Savoie) to learn from. May help Suzuki also.
LOL click bait and nothing more. Bergeron is not going to play in Montreal. Even if they were a good team I see no scenario where he goes to play there.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

0 chance it happens. optics look terrible for his bruins legacy AND he grew up a nordiques fan - in QC city.
letang is more realistic. he's an actual montrealer who has hinted at playing here. but i don't think pens let him walk or that he fits in habs rebuild timeline

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I love how Oilers fans believe they don't need to add any players because McDavid is bringing them the cup with a shitty goalie or not.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

No rational Habs fan believes Bergeron will leave Boston to play for Montreal. Regardless if we were a contending team or not.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Same answer to when Pens fans say Letang is going to the Habs, unlikely. Just because his agent is now the GM, there are a bunch of other reasons why it doesnt make any sense. Bergeron will sign with the Habs if thats what he wants to do, not because of who their new GM is. Bergeron will have a ton of interested teams, if he reaches FA, why go to a rebuilding one?

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
The only way Bergeron doesn't retire in Boston is if the Nords come back (and even then it's 50-50 at best, likely much worse). Since that isn't likely to happen, yeah no.

Bergeron is not Montreal's Pajama-Boi. He's got way too much class for that, even if he didn't grow up hating the Habs.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I love the home town angle .
He was born and grew up 3 hours from Montreal.
It’d be like a Boston kid looking at Rangers or Devils his hometown team.

Not that I think Bergeron would sign with the Habs, but that whole distance thing isn’t the same in Canada as it is in the states because we are more spread out. So a 3 hour distance isn’t big and would more often than not be a given as Habs territory if not for the Nords.

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad