Speculation: Bergeron??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Think he will come home and sign with Montreal this summer? Been a lot of chatter about it on radio in Montreal. Now that his agent is Habs GM.

I think Bergeron be good fit in Montreal. Especially if we get top 2 pick? A veteran for our pick(Wright or Savoie) to learn from. May help Suzuki also.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Think he will come home and sign with Montreal this summer? Been a lot of chatter about it on radio in Montreal. Now that his agent is Habs GM.

I think Bergeron be good fit in Montreal. Especially if we get top 2 pick? A veteran for our pick(Wright or Savoie) to learn from. May help Suzuki also.

Bergeron grew up a Nordiques fan who hated the Montreal Canadiens.

People also seem to underestimate how large Quebec is. Bergeron's hometown is a nearly three hour drive from Montreal. Joining the Canadiens would not be "coming home."

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
While I agree it's extremely unlikely it goes even beyond just his agent is the GM now but the EVP also drafted him.

But as many have said the odds are extremely unlikely especially since the Habs likely suck for atleast next year as well possibly the year after too.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
only thing worse was Orr in a Blackhawk jersey, this will not happen...............so lock this now

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
It could happen. His agent and good friend is now GM. The same guys that drafted him and gave him the opportunity to win a cup.

Having the chance to work with Suzuki and maybe Wright. That's some decent coaching skill point for a gig after retirement.
Also gives a chance for his family to be near him with the whole fiasco going on.
There's some valid arguments there.
I'd love Bergeron with Mtl, i'd also love seeing bruins fans melt in anger

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah, Bergeron spends 18 seasons with Boston, finally becoming its captain too, just to turn around and go to the Habs, probably the biggest rivals of the team he spent 18 season with, and a team he grew up hating. Seems logical. :facepalm:

Now, if the Quebec Nordiques were coming back next season, I could maybe see a chance of that happening, but the Habs???? LMAO.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Bolting to a rebuilding team at his age?

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut

Delete this it’s not to late.

Reactions: Reddwit

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
It could happen. His agent and good friend is now GM. The same guys that drafted him and gave him the opportunity to win a cup.

Having the chance to work with Suzuki and maybe Wright. That's some decent coaching skill point for a gig after retirement.
Also gives a chance for his family to be near him with the whole fiasco going on.
There's some valid arguments there.
I'd love Bergeron with Mtl, i'd also love seeing bruins fans melt in anger
In what world is their a chance?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bergeron grew up a Nordiques fan who hated the Montreal Canadiens.

People also seem to underestimate how large Quebec is. Bergeron's hometown is a nearly three hour drive from Montreal. Joining the Canadiens would not be "coming home."
Gorton in Montreal also. Nords are long gone. Chance to play in home province for French Canadian fans going to be factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad