Proposal: Ben Chiarot to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal trades:
Ben Chiarot

New York trades:
2022 1st round draft pick
+
Brett Berard

NYR's pick is projected as a late 1st (25th overall). This would give Montreal three current first rounders (projected as 1st, 24th, and 25th currently). Two late picks like that can be used to move up, something I believe Gorton has done before in the first round. Berard has long term upside and can fill a role that is lacking on the Habs (agitator with skill). See scouting report below.

SCOUTING REPORT
As the son of both a former NCAA goaltender at Providence College (father) as well as a college star field hockey player (mother), he has the ideal pedigree for any National Hockey League player. Is a highly skilled forward with a competitive streak to match. Is somewhat undersized for the NHL but he makes up for it with a feisty attitude and loads of grit. His hockey IQ is top-notch and he also owns agitating qualities that make him a pain to play against. Compared to NHL star agitator Brad Marchand, he will need to bulk up and get stronger to maximize output.
Long Range Potential: Diminutive but talented, agitating winger with upside.

Brett Berard Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | New York Rangers | Sports Forecaster

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
There is nothing remotely appealing about this trade in the slightest for the Rangers.

Honestly the only real surprise is that OP didn't try to include Lafreniere or Schneider in their post too, though admittedly the Schneider obsession is more on the Canucks fans parts (no, you're not getting him either)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
sorry that's an aggressive overpay and Berard not available

some one may indeed pay a first for a rental, but it very very likely won't be NYR,
NYR not a top 8 contender yet, and their window is just opening

NYR offers 4th for Kulak, and considers sweetening with Habs' GM's son

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Another Chiarot to The Rangers thread?

Rangers fans: We want him but only if we pay an insultingly lowball offer..

Habs fans: We demend an outrageous high price that on no realistic planet Chiarot is worth.....

I feel like I've seen this before.......

We aren't paying a 1st and Berard for a rental. It's a simple as that.

Reactions: slg1963

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
1st rounder is likely not getting moved this year at all, nevermind for a d man. If its Pavelski or Hertl coming back I could see it happening as a rangers fan, but no one else is worth it for us

common12

Sep 10, 2011
Another Chiarot to The Rangers thread?

Rangers fans: We want him but only if we pay an insultingly lowball offer..

Habs fans: We demend an outrageous high price that on no realistic planet Chiarot is worth.....

I feel like I've seen this before.......

As a Ranger fan I dont want him and I don't think most Ranger fans do either. Pretty sure Ranger fans want Nemeth gone and Jones to be paired with Schneider.

Reactions: Zivkovic

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
That 1st would be more useful in other positions rather than D

an NYR 1st, for any rental, this season, is extremely unlikely
for the right guy, with more term, then a big deal may happen

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Montreal trades:
Ben Chiarot

New York trades:
+
Brett Berard

NYR's pick is projected as a late 1st (25th overall). This would give Montreal three current first rounders (projected as 1st, 24th, and 25th currently). Two late picks like that can be used to move up, something I believe Gorton has done before in the first round. Berard has long term upside and can fill a role that is lacking on the Habs (agitator with skill). See scouting report below.

SCOUTING REPORT
As the son of both a former NCAA goaltender at Providence College (father) as well as a college star field hockey player (mother), he has the ideal pedigree for any National Hockey League player. Is a highly skilled forward with a competitive streak to match. Is somewhat undersized for the NHL but he makes up for it with a feisty attitude and loads of grit. His hockey IQ is top-notch and he also owns agitating qualities that make him a pain to play against. Compared to NHL star agitator Brad Marchand, he will need to bulk up and get stronger to maximize output.

Brett Berard Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | New York Rangers | Sports Forecaster

Pass.

Defence is not an issue for the Rangers.

5on5 scoring is

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Montreal trades:
Ben Chiarot

New York trades:
+
Brett Berard

SCOUTING REPORT

Nope. Too much for a guy who would be a luxury on the third pair, not a necessity.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
nah-dave-chappelle.gif

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Would Kravtsov for Chiarot be possible from a Rangers point of view?

Gorton would have drafted Kravtsov. He turns 23 this year and has not cemented himself as a NHL player yet. Looking at his stats he is doing well in the KHL this year. I feel like the Habs management would prefer to get prospects over picks because it just fast tracks a rebuild.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

Gorton would have drafted Kravtsov. He turns 23 this year and has not cemented himself as a NHL player yet. Looking at his stats he is doing well in the KHL this year. I feel like the Habs management would prefer to get prospects over picks because it just fast tracks a rebuild.

We don't want Chiarot. At all.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Go read the Rangers' forum about Kravtsov and you'll find out all you need to know.

I did one better and also read back what Rangers fans had to say on Twitter in the last 6 months. Kravtsov sounds like another Drouin.

If some team is willing to pay a first for Chiarot, no matter which team it is, you take it and run.

Also, please leave Rangers fans alone. They want nothing to do with Chiarot, in case their posts so far haven't been clear enough. :laugh:

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad