Value of: Ben Bishop

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Take out the first from TB and it might be close.

I don't think the market for goalies is that strong. Schneider went fro 9th OA, and he's the only comparable.

This trade gives TB a 1B goalie to accompany Vas and an elite prospect who should be cheap for the forseeable future. Plus, GMSY has been known to trade his late 1st's to the Isles for a 2nd+

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't think the market for goalies is that strong. Schneider went fro 9th OA, and he's the only comparable.

This trade gives TB a 1B goalie to accompany Vas and an elite prospect who should be cheap for the forseeable future. Plus, GMSY has been known to trade his late 1st's to the Isles for a 2nd+
Bishop is one of the top 5 goalies in the league. Its not like TB NEED to move him. His contract expires after the expansion draft. They can just leave him exposed protect Vas then resign him after the expansion.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Obviously a perfect fit for Dallas but I have no idea how they're going to move both Lehtonen and Niemi as the Bolts have 0 interest in taking either of them.

Ottawa should make a pitch, same for the Flyers, even though Mason has been good, Bishop would make them a legit contender before it's too late for Giroux.

I could see a Sanheim+ kinda deal if Bishop agrees to resign with them at the time of the trade.

That leaves Ghost and Provorov as LHD for the future, not too shabby.

Edmonton would make a lot of sense too, lot of teams will go after him agressively and SY has proven he knows how to play his cards right in just about any situation so I expect a big return, I know a lot of teams already have their no.1 but very few have one of Bishop's caliber, these don't come available too often.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Bishop is one of the top 5 goalies in the league. Its not like TB NEED to move him. His contract expires after the expansion draft. They can just leave him exposed protect Vas then resign him after the expansion.

Well they wouldn't have the cap space to re-sign him, so they'd be letting him walk to UFA

Dallas1960

Oct 26, 2015
Bishop Trade Again

For the Love of Christ, here we go again! I believe he is standing pat, unless TB hits the proverbial financial wall with a Kucherov signing and can not off load another high dollar player. If he were to come to Dallas, with an extension agreed too, I could see a late 1st rounder for him at most, but no Honka, no Nichushkin. He is approaching his 30's and has an injury history. TB would have to take say Neimi back. Again this whole debate is academic and has to go through the financial meat grinder to work. But again with all the complaints about our goalies, we did ok in my opinion. Also at bigger issue is working through our defensive log jam and seeing who to keep and jettison for next season. I frankly believe Honka and Lindell will become permanent -low cost- fixtures by late next season, prompting trades. So with those changes in the defensive corp I can not envision dealing with another variable until we settle the defensive unit question marks.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Is Ben Bishop worth a 1st rounder

If course he is. It just depends on where we're talking in the first round. Andersen fetched the last pick of the 1st, more proven Vezina candidates like Schneider gets you, or should get you, a top ten 10 pick. I guess it really depends whether you think he'll sign an extension or not. If you're a bottom 10 team odds are Bishop isn't going to make you a cup contender so having him for 1 year makes zero sense.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Less than Anderson .:nod:

75% of goals come from the 10.5 HSC area shots.

Cup winners have top 10 hsca save % goalies.

Bishop is short of top 10.

Toronto traded for # 26 Anderson.

Then traded # 10 bernier. Bahaha

Mr Hockey*

75% of goals come from the 10.5 HSC area shots.

Cup winners have top 10 hsca save % goalies.

Bishop is short of top 10.

Toronto traded for # 26 Anderson.

Then traded # 10 bernier. Bahaha

You are Oiler, how is it possible you can make fun of another team? :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Obviously a perfect fit for Dallas but I have no idea how they're going to move both Lehtonen and Niemi as the Bolts have 0 interest in taking either of them.

Ottawa should make a pitch, same for the Flyers, even though Mason has been good, Bishop would make them a legit contender before it's too late for Giroux.

I could see a Sanheim+ kinda deal if Bishop agrees to resign with them at the time of the trade.

That leaves Ghost and Provorov as LHD for the future, not too shabby.

Edmonton would make a lot of sense too, lot of teams will go after him agressively and SY has proven he knows how to play his cards right in just about any situation so I expect a big return, I know a lot of teams already have their no.1 but very few have one of Bishop's caliber, these don't come available too often.

Philly is not trading a top pairing D prospect for a goalie that will get a huge contract.

Neuvirth was 4th in SV% this year, Mason 3rd the year before.

And combined, they make less $ than Bishop. No deal to be done with Philly.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Not true.

Schneider is just as good if not better and NJ missed the playoffs by 12 points.

IMHO as an outsider as well I'd rank Schneids about 2 spots at most behind Bish right now. Also depends on who or how you rank your top3, since I'd rank Bish 4/5 Schneids 6/7.

But the biggest task is finding out if the Bolts are at a point where they have to deal him where I feel they circle back to Dallas and take Niemi for a year as a dump, plus cap space next season. But I'd think this is at the point where it's necessary to bridge Kuch.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not true.

Schneider is just as good if not better and NJ missed the playoffs by 12 points.

Agreed.

And that one year that Mason had the second or third best save percentage in the league, it wasn't enough for the Flyers to get in. Flyers defense was awful and Mason faced a zillion shots a game (from what I recall) even though he stopped damn near 93% of them. Although Mason only played 50 or so games and Emery (worst goaltender in the league before he disappeared from it) was awful. Though if Schneids played 70 games this past year, we probably still miss, as the offense stunk. But we might miss by 6-8 points instead. Outside of 4 god-like games from Scott Wedgewood, non-Schneider goaltenders were awful for the Devils last year. Keith Kinkaid stunk.

Bishop does not make ANY team a playoff team automatically, that's not true at all. But he does make a contender like Dallas, a legitimate Stanley Cup threat. Especially when they have a goalie that's keeping them down and was responsible for totally grenading them in the playoffs (particularly the 1st period of game 7 in round 2) last year.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
every team in the east are hoping tb gets rid of him and every team in the west are hoping dallas doesnt get him. dallas gets him they are instant favorites for the cup

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Id love to see him back in Ottawa, hopefully we can make a move for him at the deadline/send him an iffer in FA

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
every team in the east are hoping tb gets rid of him and every team in the west are hoping dallas doesnt get him. dallas gets him they are instant favorites for the cup

Agreed.

I'm not a fan of Bishop, but he's definitely a top 6 goaltender IMO. Dallas doesn't lose game 7 of the St Louis series in the 1st period if Bishop was playing in goal for them that game. It would have had to be the worst performance in Bishop's career arguably. Whereas with Lehtonen, that's what he looks like every 3 games for the past 2 years now. If Bishop was there, they probably don't even need 7 games in that series, nor 6 in round 1 against Minnesota. They needed 6 to take down Minnesota in round 1 and Dubnyk wasn't goud in that series either, so it's not like they hit a hot goalie. Elliott was hot for the first 2 rounds, but he was making pretty much every save for 60 minutes, that Lehtonen couldn't manage to make in a 3 or 4 minute span in the 1st period.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Agreed, a team like Dallas should be dong everything in their power to get him considering their goalies are awful.

Last 3 years, Niemi .911, and Lehtonen .910 for SV%

By far, their biggest weakness.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Whatever Tampa asks for Bishop, Chicago will undercut them and offer Crawford. Dallas already knows they can fleece Chicago on cap dumps, and Chicago can't afford Panarin without moving Crawford. And Chicago has nobody else to move to make space. Dallas already got Sharp, Johns, and Oduya for exactly nothing, what do you really think Crawford would cost, when Chicago enters this season with Richard Panik at 1st line LW? Plus, Crawford is signed beyond this season, unlike Bishop, so there's the cost certainty aspect as well as asset retention.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Philly is not trading a top pairing D prospect for a goalie that will get a huge contract.

Neuvirth was 4th in SV% this year, Mason 3rd the year before.

And combined, they make less $ than Bishop. No deal to be done with Philly.

You have to rank goalies by there
Low scoring chance shot save % 20 shots get 25 % of goals.
High scoring chance shot save % 10 shots get 75% of goals.

Listing overall save % is useless.

Schnieder has a better hsca save% than bishop for the last 3 seasons.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Whatever Tampa asks for Bishop, Chicago will undercut them and offer Crawford. Dallas already knows they can fleece Chicago on cap dumps, and Chicago can't afford Panarin without moving Crawford. And Chicago has nobody else to move to make space. Dallas already got Sharp, Johns, and Oduya for exactly nothing, what do you really think Crawford would cost, when Chicago enters this season with Richard Panik at 1st line LW? Plus, Crawford is signed beyond this season, unlike Bishop, so there's the cost certainty aspect as well as asset retention.

Doubt it. Doesn't Crawford have a NMC? And I imgaine they'd look to move Seabrook, Hossa, or Kruger before moving Crawford.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad