OT: Beer Thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Mittens*

ddba.png

Amazing

scryan

May 1, 2013
You know.... Not a huge fan of Lagunitas IPA anymore.Last two times I have gotten a 6 pack it hasn't been bad or good... Just ehh.

Almost got the Sculpin on sale... but was from middle of last year? :(
Just moved to a new area and anyplace that sells beer around me has big signs in the window about how cold and cheap their coors is :(
Shoulda checked how old the hopstupid was, but I think that stuff sits a while.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Rogue Dead Guy.

Haven't had in a long time, Rogue does too much wierd ****...

But I used to get that one a lot.

Lagunitas Imperial Russian Stout and Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Found some stone nearby, but no ruination :( So I drink dark beer...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah, I'm not the biggest Rogue fan. They make all kinds of stupid **** like that Sriracha (sp?) beer. Dead Guy is good though.

Stone Go To IPA and Levitation are my favorites.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Dead Guy is a great beer.

I've been drinking the **** out of Rolling Rock lately. Its inexpensive, tastes decent, and isn't PBR.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Its weird how much more willing people (me) are to over pay for beer if its in a 22oz bottle. while a $12 6 pack seems expensive, a $4 bomber is cheap.

Speaking of overpaying for beer...
This is unfortunately very good:
FIDYHeroImage3.png

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I really love Ballast Point, but for some reason this one slipped through the cracks. Finally had one tonight. Incredible. Smooth, light, and refreshing.

lWahooBottle.png

Still need to try that habanero Sculpin that Buddy recommended. Not a fan of spicy food, but I do love Sculpin!

sroper

Jan 20, 2006
I rarely post and lurk a lot, but this thread made me want to respond. Just had Ballast point longfin lager I think it was; there helles lager. Its outstanding. I haven't been in the so cal area in a while, but it seems to me the trend is bigger and bolder and this isn't really my cup of tea when it comes to beer. So its refreshing to find a well balanced straw colored German lager coming out of a region "stereotyplically" known for big hoppy beers. You guys out there must have better access to their beer (I'm in Southwest Colorado) and if you do check it out. I always judge a brewery by their lightest beer as those are in my opinion the hardest to produce because there's nothing to hide behind. Hope you enjoy like I did.

sroper

Jan 20, 2006
I've been out of the brew scene in SoCal for about a dozen years now, but used to work with a brewer who was friends with the guys that started Ballast from back in college. They used to borrow kegs and get yeast, etc. when they were starting up. Glad to see them still around and doing well.

And like others have posted, Matt and the crew up at Firestone do an excellent job as well.

Finally, I can't seem to go wrong with anything from Unibrue. Their "Fin du Monde" is outstanding and reasonably priced as well. That beer with some slightly dank cheese, bread, and dried fruit makes me all warm and fuzzy. The fact that you guys can get the annual trader joes beer that Unibrue does for them (at $4.99) makes me envious.

Cheers

Friulian Flyers

Apr 9, 2007
Maniago, Italy
I came in here to see your guy's opinions on Dillibaugh leaving and found this thread. Perhaps the best non hockey thread on HFBoards.

Here in Italy,there are quite a few craft breweries (craft beer here is known as birra artigianale). Most is mediocre, some decent (they can do some pretty good coffee stouts here)...and probably 98% of the time, IPA's are a joke. It's nice having access to the trappist ales and dubbel, trippel and quads from Belgium, and the Bavarian marzen's and dunkels from Germany and Austria. Can find some from the UK also, primarily Fuller's, Wold Top and Strongbow.

There are a few specialty shops located in the south of Italy where I have found some pretty decent American crafts, such as Rogue Dead Guy, Founders All Day IPA, a few from Brooklyn and Sierra Nevada (Torpedo was awesome, as was their stout), and found Brewdog as well.

Reading the last few pages and seeing what's being had right now...makes me a sad panda.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe

Really like Lagunitas, need to check that one out. The latest one ive tried was Equinox which i liked a lot.

Sorry if this has been posted, but has anyone tried Cali Creamin' from Mother Earth? Really good IMO, one of the more unique beers ive had and tastes pretty close to cream soda.
cali-creamin.jpg

Another good... kinda different beer. Good after dinner:
iYdKevV.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad