GDT: Bedard VS Crosby - Tuesday at 7PM Central on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who plays better in the season opener?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Last season Hawks basically gave up 3 goals for every 2 they scoresd..Will that negative differential be reduced this season and if so by how much?
By 33 net GF-GA reduction?
By net 50 GF-GA reduction
By net 75HF-GA reduction
Hawks get to nearest inGF-GA?

I do not think we can leap into positive HF-GA totals ...that would be beyond optimistic in the scale of improvement required.

My own expectation is that Hawks score 25 more goals this season and give up 40 less goals against ..

This should get us to around 227 GF and 261 GA...So instead of being close to -100 differential we should improve to to ONLY around -45!!!

Call this optimistic improvement if you like ...but I do throw 1 caveat in...for this to hapoen,Vlasicj must help S.Jones go from -38 to a minus only in the high teens or better...IF S Jones stays at -38 level then that 40 goals against reduction will not hapoen....If we do get the net improvement of 65 off that -100 then we probably finish in the 11-14 range draft spot pre-lotto.

Another factor is goaltending ...save%s of our goalies must be better over what we got in net last season...

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Happy to be back. Looking forward to another season of hot takes, stupid opinions, and the ups-and-downs of being a part of the worst (best) part of HFBoards.

We may not be smart, but we are proud. We are HFHawks!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As to this game:

Pens have agility g superstars...but they shoukd be on the downswing as a team..They are not that great defensively..4-2Hawks victory over likely just anotger lottery team.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
Expectations are pretty low for me - just want to see some good hockey without trying to force Bedard to do too much. The Hawks should invite Taylor Swift to take the attention off of the kid....haha

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
With those lines and pairings I think a few things:
1) Kaiser is in a tough position that will make it difficult (not impossible) to succeed.
2) there is just not enough NHL talent to go around to give Reichel the help he needs to have a breakout season.
3) I LOVE the third and 4th lines.
4) Vlasic gonna be swimming in the deep end. Sink or swim time.
5) Bedard 95 points.
6) korchinski has the help he needs to be successful. If Korch and bedard are taken care of, that’s all you can ask for this season.
7) I will not be outwardly rooting to lose games this year and resolve to never be angry about winning a game from now until bedard is on his third contract 8x 14.5.
This...this year is about Korchinski, Bedard and Reichel...Just asking for healthy seasons where they get to develop and play well given the lack of talent on roster

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
giphy.gif

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
What a conundrum to find ourselves in.

Every one of us wants Bedard to have a healthy and highly successful rookie campaign BUT at the same time every one of knows deep down that this team could really use another top 5 (better yet top 3) draft selection this year.

Worst case Ontario is that Bedard hits the ground running and elevates the play of everybody around him and the team winds up with a pick at the later end of the top 10 :/

I've said it once I'll say it 1000 more times... load up on the high scoring losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad