Prospect Info: Bedard Topic 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017

This kid man.

200.gif

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Bedard's biggest hurdle will be convincing the kid to get away from the ice once in a while and rest. That's not a joke.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
In McDavid's rookie NHL season of 2015/16 he only played once games...He scored 16g and 32 a....over 82 games that projected o 29 goals and 58 assists ...but he did have Draisaitl (who pkayed 72 games that season for Edmonton)...Not sure if Taylor Hall helps Bedard as mich as Draisaitl did for McDavid pace of scoring that season or not
Can Bedard give us the same 87 point pace of scoring if projected over 82 GP?
IF he does then that would be excellent.But I donnot tjinknitnoisdiblebifvthey keep putting Donato on his wing.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
In McDavid's rookie NHL season of 2015/16 he only played once games...He scored 16g and 32 a....over 82 games that projected o 29 goals and 58 assists ...but he did have Draisaitl (who pkayed 72 games that season for Edmonton)...Not sure if Taylor Hall helps Bedard as mich as Draisaitl did for McDavid pace of scoring that season or not
IF he does then that would be excellent.But I donnot tjinknitnoisdiblebifvthey keep putting Donato on his wing.

It is also a different era for the league and scoring is way up across the board. 65-85 points would be a wonderful year for Bedsy™ but more isn't out of the question. I just don't think the Hawks will score enough to let him get there.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

McDavid was 3rd in the NHL in points per game in his rookie season. Scoring since then is through the roof.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
he's struggling a bit with the speed of the game, but that's to be expected. Once he gets used to it and starts to figure out how to buy time and space he'll start potting goals in bunches. Might take 25 games, maybe even longer.

It also doesn't help that he's playing with hot garbage. Hall has skills, but he's a terrible hockey player from the neck up and it shows when he's out there with a high IQ guy like Bedard.

Reactions: Giovi

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

Mcdavid only played 42 games his rookie season after that collarbone break mate. He had 48 points in 42 games lol

Edit: ahhh, I misread how you wrote that. I get it now.

Reactions: Pez68

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Bedard is going to get a crash course on how the teams will play him in the pros. Being on the road so much early he will see a lot of top pairings. It will be a big adjustment for him I think and will take some time.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Look, he's an adult that could easily whoop my ass in a fight. I get that.

But as a geriatric millenial with a five year-old son, Bedard and other prospects honestly look more like kids to me than actual adults, and my brain can't get over that.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Bedard is going to get a crash course on how the teams will play him in the pros. Being on the road so much early he will see a lot of top pairings. It will be a big adjustment for him I think and will take some time.
He's in a really tough spot...not much talent around him, sky high expectations and teams are going to lock in on him..kind of expecting him to have an adjustment period the first quarter of season and then start to cook as he settles in, but would be a nice bonus if he just gets rolling early and doesn't have to deal with the pressures of getting the first few on the board, which is what everybody will be looking for

Reactions: Putt Pirate

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
goals.gif

23??????

Unless he misses significant time he may have 23 by Christmas.
Seriously though .... by Christmas.

Reactions: TLEH

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com

Look, he's an adult that could easily whoop my ass in a fight. I get that.

But as a geriatric millenial with a five year-old son, Bedard and other prospects honestly look more like kids to me than actual adults, and my brain can't get over that.

1696969974655.jpeg

who looks older?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad