OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Wife and I went to the Ren Faire, so I didn't watch the game. Checked out a reel of the runs and throws by Williams, and that looked good. Was Booker as noticeable as his stats indicate?

Reactions: Mrfenn92

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Wife and I went to the Ren Faire, so I didn't watch the game. Checked out a reel of the runs and throws by Williams, and that looked good. Was Booker as noticeable as his stats indicate?
Booker's sacks didn't happen until late in the game, so maybe against 3rd stringers. But he still had a couple pressures earlier in the game, probably against the 1's or 2's. I really liked his downfield pursuit where he made a couple of tackles and helped finish a couple. Work in progress with a high motor.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Huh, instead of relying on numbers such as 40-yd dash time or "length", GMs and scouts could pivot to these:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Huh, instead of relying on numbers such as 40-yd dash time or "length", GMs and scouts could pivot to these:

I think they are. I've seen data science positions for Chicago sports teams been advertised for years now.

They are leaning heavily on people desperately wanting to work for major league sports teams. Pay range is a good $100k+ less than could be expected for other data science / AI positions.

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think they are. I've seen data science positions for Chicago sports teams been advertised for years now.

They are leaning heavily on people desperately wanting to work for major league sports teams. Pay range is a good $100k+ less than could be expected for other data science / AI positions.
There are certainly massive perks to working in sports. I think its cooler and more of a perk when you're single. If I'm married and have kids I don't care about flaunting I work for the Bears to get into a VIP section at a club lol. Not sure its ever worth the pay cut.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
This training camp is going on forever. Some insider mentioned that it looks like Amegadjie might be ramping up to participate, and I was thinking that was a bit late. Until I realized it's close to a month left of training camp.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Apparently it came down to the Bears or Falcons for Judon. Falcons getting one back on the Bears after losing out on Sweat last season.

Judon would have been a good add, unlike Ngakoue.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Bears starters playing on Saturday for at least a bit, as per Eberflus. Bengals won't be, per Zac Taylor. According to Kmet (who asked the reporters not to quote him on it), they're probably playing a quarter.

Probably won't be a ton to take away from it, as they aren't going up against starters, but I think it's good to get the starters some reps on Soldier Field before the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad