OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Seemed like the offensive game plan for the first few drives were primarily quick passing (until the play action to Scott, I don't think his air yards per attempt can have been over 5 yards), which clearly needs some work. Fun last drive. Good communication with Jenkins on the TD run. I hope he stays healthy and they extend him this season.

The pocket presence and movement inside the pocket on the last drive is one of the most special things about Williams, IMO. He's incredibly elusive in there.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ok you are gonna see that Caleb throw to Rome everywhere. Holy shit.
That was a pretty sick pass. Will be interesting to see if a pass like that can work during the regular season against better cornerbacks than Newton.

The pass to Odunze in the corner of the end zone was fantastic. Mental mistake by Odunze to not keep his feet in the playing field. That will get ironed out I'm sure.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Is this fixable by the Bears, Soldier Field, or the NFL?
I'd hate to see them lose TD(s) because of this, in games that do count.

But the confusing markings of the end zone at Soldier Field played a role. A few feet behind the line marking the back of the end zone was another line that framed the “Play Football” message (an NFL initiative) behind the end zone near the goal post.
Odunze, though, acknowledged the unusual marking of the end zone confused him. Normally the framing of the “Play Football” message would be solid white, which makes it easier to discern the back of the end zone.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Does Hardy make the team over DomRob? He hasn't been up against the toughest competition, but neither has DomRob, and he has been as invisible as usual.
Is this fixable by the Bears, Soldier Field, or the NFL?
I'd hate to see them lose TD(s) because of this, in games that do count.

I think Dan Wiederer in his podcast said during the regular season, that's always painted white, so it shouldn't be an issue during the regular season.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Gordon, Bagent and Pettis possible stars of upcoming Hard Knocks???? Rome was featured a bit last week and Caleb is always a storyline.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Watched the JT O'Sullivan video on the game to get a pair of better eyes than my own on it. It paints Williams in a better light for the first few series than at least I thought in my live viewing. There were a couple of plays that he thought were bad (the sack and one of the red zone plays where Odunze should have gotten the ball). Some of the veterans also appear to be dogging it in these games.

Odunze is looking really good out there.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I have seen the face of god and let me tell you friends god is good. This man will be the Bears' deliverance.

images

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I think running backs is becoming a good litmus test for football knowledge. People's inability to understand why a running back who provides nothing in pass pro, receiving, or special teams, isn't a desirable back in today's NFL is perplexing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Several guys trying to make NFL roster making mistakes tonight

Homer just had a pass go right thru his hands that would have been 1st down, instead it was turnover on downs

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He's bounced around practice squads for a few years. Guessing they view him as okay insurance. And that the UDFA DTs were no good.

Assuming no more trades or waiver pickups, Hardy and DomRob are probably out, and the Bears are going with 8 D-linemen on their 53 man roster.
We are going to find out. Definitely a Flus kind of player.

Walker will move inside.
Permanently? Maybe. I feel like both Taylor and Booker would be targeted in the run game on early downs. I think:

Sweat-Dexter-Billings-Walker (flipped it from right to left for no reason)

On early down, moving to some variation of:

Sweat-Dexter-Walker-Booker/Taylor (again, flipped)

On obvious passing downs would be a serviceable line. If there is an injury to the interior, Walker moves there full time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad