OT: Bears & NFL Talk 88

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Would you do it? I would.

Yes.

Mack is a shell of his former self and now oft injured. If the return is there, take it.

Quinn is having a fantastic rebound year but he'll be 32 next season. Mack will be 31.

They must get younger and better. Need picks to do that.

Quinn and Mack won't be players who matter if and when this team can contend.

Always better to get rid of players too early vs. too late. That includes Hicks and Jackson.

The larger story is the complete lack of talent on this D outside of Roquan and Johnson. The failure to address the secondary by Pace is criminal.

Lost in all of this - Eddie Goldman might be the biggest disappointment on this team this year.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I would be looking forward to the post-Rodgers era of the Packers if not for the fact that I'm convinced that they'll luck into another future Hall of Famer at QB, be that with Love taking an enormous step forward or some other random pickup if that's not the case.

But I'm sure we'll be given a good year or two versus them to raise our hopes only to then go 2-18 in the decade that follows against them.

Reactions: QueerGirrl

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I would be looking forward to the post-Rodgers era of the Packers if not for the fact that I'm convinced that they'll luck into another future Hall of Famer at QB, be that with Love taking an enormous step forward or some other random pickup if that's not the case.

But I'm sure we'll be given a good year or two versus them to raise our hopes only to then go 2-18 in the decade that follows against them.
This.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

I'm not convinced Love is going to be anything more than a Aaron Brooks/Matt Flynn level QB. He was a reach when the Packers drafted him and he has not shown anything to suggest he is ready to take over.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
0751BB75-2B40-4FEF-8EBA-E312FB80B207.jpeg

Reactions: clydesdale line

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
If they had any sense they woulda fired him after the bar incident. Doesnt fly out with team then gets caught groping a woman whos not his wife? Adios loser.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, this game will be ugly.

And regular reminder, hiring college head coaches to be NFL head coaches almost never works. When in doubt, hire an established NFL coordinator instead.

Reactions: Pez68

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Looking at the schedule and adding in the Covid absences, the divided locker room, and the void of talent, we could be staring at a 4-13 season. That would not surprise me in the slightest.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Looking at the schedule and adding in the Covid absences, the divided locker room, and the void of talent, we could be staring at a 4-13 season. That would not surprise me in the slightest.

I maintain the Bears are NOT "void of talent", just merely underdeveloped (or not properly coached up) talent, due to inferiour coaching talent. There's plenty of talent to work with provided you get the right HC and coaching staff.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I maintain the Bears are NOT "void of talent", just merely underdeveloped (or not properly coached up) talent, due to inferiour coaching talent. There's plenty of talent to work with provided you get the right HC and coaching staff.
The secondary, o line, and receiving corps are all bottom 5-10 in the nfl.....

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

They have some talent but their GM has done an awful job of drafting and wasted draft capital by trading up for players that are not worth it. I can't see many coaches having success with this roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad